Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Australian Open 2013 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The draw is out and Andy is on Fed's side of the draw.  How far will he get?
Eliminated in the first round. - 1 (2.4%)
Scraped through the 1st round but can't make it through the 2nd. - 0 (0%)
On court for Bev to see who witnesses his 3rd round exit. - 0 (0%)
Nightmares from 2007 are upon us again as Andy goes out in the 4th round. - 0 (0%)
Uncharted territory as Andy goes out in QF's. - 4 (9.8%)
Heartbreak again as Andy falls short in the SF's. - 0 (0%)
Goes through the No.2 seed but falls at the final hurdle. - 3 (7.3%)
Ye of little faith!  AO Champion! - 33 (80.5%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 30 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Andy at the Australian Open 2013  (Read 11661 times)
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #270 on: January 11, 2013, 07:37 PM »

Does the ATP/WTA Livescore app provide live scoring for slams too or not with it being an ITF event?

If not, I'm gonna be lost without it with all these odd match times!!!
IP Logged
Geo
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #271 on: January 11, 2013, 07:43 PM »

Does the ATP/WTA Livescore app provide live scoring for slams too or not with it being an ITF event?

The official Australian Open website has a section on mobile apps that can be downloaded and has various features depending on the device. Some have live scores, news, results, draws as well as radio commentary so you will be able to keep in touch with what is going on.
[ Last edit by Geo January 11, 2013, 07:59 PM ] IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #272 on: January 11, 2013, 07:46 PM »

I have that app too milly87 but its no good during the slams best one is the AO app.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #273 on: January 11, 2013, 07:48 PM »

When I lived in Australia they used to talk about forest fires in Emerald in the Dandenongs in Melbourne and they had to call for volunteers to help as the blaze was terrible. Here's hoping the the fires do not spread to the outskirts of Melbourne.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #274 on: January 11, 2013, 07:55 PM »

The ATP/WTA app doesn't cover the Slams, however there is always a free app you can get specifically for each Slam. The French Open app is a bit crap (not very accessible) but the rest are quite good.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #275 on: January 11, 2013, 07:55 PM »

Thanks Geo & Tessie, downloading Aussie Open app now!!!
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #276 on: January 11, 2013, 07:58 PM »

The ATP/WTA app doesn't cover the Slams, however there is always a free app you can get specifically for each Slam. The French Open app is a bit crap (not very accessible) but the rest are quite good.

Downloading the Aussie one now, if I had the time & know how I'd create a generic tennis app for ATP, ITF & Davis Cup too..definitely a gap in the market there.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #277 on: January 11, 2013, 08:09 PM »

Phew!  Having read through the last few pages my head is reeling!  Slams produce all sorts of surprises, some pleasant, others not, which is why I refuse to make any sort of predictions in them.

I have though just been listening to Pat Cash being interviewed on Sport Scotland and he reckons Andy should win at least one Slam this year, and doesn't rule out the AO.  Admittedly he probably couldn't say much else, particularly re the AO, but I found his comments about Andy in general very encouraging.

Btw, they also showed a brief clip of Andy practising and I swear I felt the heat coming through the TV! 
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #278 on: January 11, 2013, 08:26 PM »

Phew!  Having read through the last few pages my head is reeling!  Slams produce all sorts of surprises, some pleasant, others not, which is why I refuse to make any sort of predictions in them.

I have though just been listening to Pat Cash being interviewed on Sport Scotland and he reckons Andy should win at least one Slam this year, and doesn't rule out the AO.  Admittedly he probably couldn't say much else, particularly re the AO, but I found his comments about Andy in general very encouraging.

Btw, they also showed a brief clip of Andy practising and I swear I felt the heat coming through the TV! 
  Yes I saw that too and was cheered; then the old cynic in me thought I bet he schmoozes all the national networks  that way!!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #279 on: January 11, 2013, 08:32 PM »

Downloading the Aussie one now, if I had the time & know how I'd create a generic tennis app for ATP, ITF & Davis Cup too..definitely a gap in the market there.
I'm sure the ATP/WTA app would do if they could, but the Slams have the rights and obviously choose to do their own one.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #280 on: January 12, 2013, 12:49 AM »

... a generic tennis app ...
? Please explain ... I only understand basic computer-speak!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #281 on: January 12, 2013, 12:54 AM »

Unrelated to Andy but Brit Colin Fleming just won the Heineken Open with partner Bruno Soares! Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #282 on: January 12, 2013, 12:57 AM »

Unrelated to Andy but Brit Colin Fleming just won the Heineken Open with partner Bruno Soares! Very Happy
Well done both!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #283 on: January 12, 2013, 01:16 AM »

Seems like half of Australia is in fire,temps going up nest week. Lots of flying foxes are dying and falling to earth.This will be a tough one.Thank goodness Andy does not have any breathing problems.
They're going UP!!! shocking  Meanwhile frost, icy conditions and snow are forecast for the UK. Think I'd prefer the latter though.  My heart goes out to all the people who've lost their homes, and in some cases their lives, in these fires.  They can strike with frightening rapidity, if what we're hearing on the news is correct.

It seems a bit cruel to me to expect players to attempt five-setters in these conditions, given that the temp inside the arenas will be higher.  I know they close the roof when it rises above 36C, but that's only to keep the sun out.  

I really don't know how well Andy and Nole will cope since neither are too happy about long spells in the heat, although it doesn't seem to trouble Fed, maybe because he's part South African and also spends a lot of time in Dubai.

On another matter - it's strange but for the first time I'm actually feeling the absence of Nadal ... Think  
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #284 on: January 12, 2013, 07:47 AM »

^ Well, there's a huge hole in the draw ...on Nole's side.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »