Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Australian Open 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The draw is out and Andy is on Fed's side of the draw.  How far will he get?
Eliminated in the first round. - 1 (2.4%)
Scraped through the 1st round but can't make it through the 2nd. - 0 (0%)
On court for Bev to see who witnesses his 3rd round exit. - 0 (0%)
Nightmares from 2007 are upon us again as Andy goes out in the 4th round. - 0 (0%)
Uncharted territory as Andy goes out in QF's. - 4 (9.8%)
Heartbreak again as Andy falls short in the SF's. - 0 (0%)
Goes through the No.2 seed but falls at the final hurdle. - 3 (7.3%)
Ye of little faith!  AO Champion! - 33 (80.5%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 30 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Australian Open 2013

(Read 13002 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #285 on: January 12, 2013, 08:27 AM »

Baker qualified, but Ward fell at the last hurdle.
IP Logged
AussieAndyFan

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #286 on: January 12, 2013, 08:34 AM »

Baker qualified, but Ward fell at the last hurdle.

So much support for Baker today too!
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #287 on: January 12, 2013, 08:43 AM »

They're going UP!!! shocking  Meanwhile frost, icy conditions and snow are forecast for the UK. Think I'd prefer the latter though.  My heart goes out to all the people who've lost their homes, and in some cases their lives, in these fires.  They can strike with frightening rapidity, if what we're hearing on the news is correct.

It seems a bit cruel to me to expect players to attempt five-setters in these conditions, given that the temp inside the arenas will be higher.  I know they close the roof when it rises above 36C, but that's only to keep the sun out.  

I really don't know how well Andy and Nole will cope since neither are too happy about long spells in the heat, although it doesn't seem to trouble Fed, maybe because he's part South African and also spends a lot of time in Dubai.

On another matter - it's strange but for the first time I'm actually feeling the absence of Nadal ... Think  
Morning all  wave
Doesn't seem like Health and Safety at Work apply to tennis pro's.  lmao I think Andy copes very well, due to his preparation and conditioning. I read he trains yoga in temperatures of 40 oC.

I just noticed I hit 6000 posts.
[ Last edit by lashurst January 12, 2013, 08:54 AM ] IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #288 on: January 12, 2013, 08:55 AM »

Unrelated to Andy but Brit Colin Fleming just won the Heineken Open with partner Bruno Soares! Very Happy
Congratulations to Colin and Soares. Well done lads  goodjob
Thanks for that info Prodigy.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #289 on: January 12, 2013, 10:44 AM »

Nice for Colin as must be difficult for him as well with Ross ill.  I was so pleased to see he said he'd be there for Ross once he's better and that they'll go on to win something big.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #290 on: January 12, 2013, 10:47 AM »

Chatting on radio 4 this am., sporty bit, did u hear? Jonathen O saying how relaxed Andy seemed these days, but also, when asked about the awful state of men's tennis, said in fact men's doubles is in a very good state, thankyou.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #291 on: January 12, 2013, 10:51 AM »

no missed that - probably after I'd turned over to sounds of the 60s  Whistle
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #292 on: January 12, 2013, 10:54 AM »

Yikes girl...ear not glued to every possible  bit of news about AO shocking
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #293 on: January 12, 2013, 12:01 PM »

Unrelated to Andy but Brit Colin Fleming just won the Heineken Open with partner Bruno Soares! Very Happy

This is fantastic news, well done to the lads. I'm particularly pleased for Colin, I have to admit. I'm sure he has been as stunned as anyone by the new of Ross Hutchins cancer, so to go out there and get the job done anyway is fantastic. It was great to hear Ross Hutchins speak of how supportive Colin has been too. I hope they will go on to achieve the success they deserve together.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #294 on: January 12, 2013, 12:08 PM »

Hi All,

Did anyone see the preview programme for the AO on Eursport last night? I believe it is repeated later on.

It was recorded, judging by some of the comments, before the draw was done, which doesn't make much sense to me, but there we are.

In truth I'm a bit nervous. Greg Rusedski and I are in agreement on something! Rusedski has picked Andy to win, for what seems like pretty sound reasons to me, i.e. how well he did last year, him being a changed man, that sort of thing. The weird thing is that I couldn't argue much with his thinking. Andrew Castle has (sort of) backed Djokovic, but that seems more to do with Djokovic being world no.1 than anything.

On the women's side they both seemed to pick Serena Williams.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #295 on: January 12, 2013, 12:12 PM »

^ I feel Radwanska has a very good chance this time....
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #296 on: January 12, 2013, 12:32 PM »

^ I feel Radwanska has a very good chance this time....

I'd like to think so personally, although I'd personally love to see Azarenka win it again, but I just wonder if Aggie can keep it together to win one yet.

On the subject of Radwanska, saw her demolish Cibulkova 6-0 6-0 yesterday. Cibulkova didn't even play badly, but Aggie was all over her.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #297 on: January 12, 2013, 12:38 PM »

Hi All,

Did anyone see the preview programme for the AO on Eursport last night? I believe it is repeated later on.

It was recorded, judging by some of the comments, before the draw was done, which doesn't make much sense to me, but there we are.

In truth I'm a bit nervous. Greg Rusedski and I are in agreement on something! Rusedski has picked Andy to win, for what seems like pretty sound reasons to me, i.e. how well he did last year, him being a changed man, that sort of thing. The weird thing is that I couldn't argue much with his thinking. Andrew Castle has (sort of) backed Djokovic, but that seems more to do with Djokovic being world no.1 than anything.

On the women's side they both seemed to pick Serena Williams.

Thanks for that I have just set to record it tonight at 9-30 Smile
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #298 on: January 12, 2013, 12:51 PM »

Thanks for that I have just set to record it tonight at 9-30 Smile

No problem, it was quite good, although judging by the amount of joking that was going on I did wonder if they'd all been smoking something before the recording Smile
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #299 on: January 12, 2013, 12:53 PM »

Ha ha now im really eager to see it  Think going out tonight so will be tomorrow afternoon before I will see it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »