Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Australian Open 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The draw is out and Andy is on Fed's side of the draw.  How far will he get?
Eliminated in the first round. - 1 (2.4%)
Scraped through the 1st round but can't make it through the 2nd. - 0 (0%)
On court for Bev to see who witnesses his 3rd round exit. - 0 (0%)
Nightmares from 2007 are upon us again as Andy goes out in the 4th round. - 0 (0%)
Uncharted territory as Andy goes out in QF's. - 4 (9.8%)
Heartbreak again as Andy falls short in the SF's. - 0 (0%)
Goes through the No.2 seed but falls at the final hurdle. - 3 (7.3%)
Ye of little faith!  AO Champion! - 33 (80.5%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 30 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Australian Open 2013

(Read 13164 times)
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #300 on: January 12, 2013, 12:59 PM »

Downloading the Aussie one now, if I had the time & know how I'd create a generic tennis app for ATP, ITF & Davis Cup too..definitely a gap in the market there.

Milly I have another app that I have its just called the "tennis app" which is also OK for live scores. Its just another option in case you have bother with some of the others.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #301 on: January 12, 2013, 01:09 PM »

I'd like to think so personally, although I'd personally love to see Azarenka win it again, but I just wonder if Aggie can keep it together to win one yet.

On the subject of Radwanska, saw her demolish Cibulkova 6-0 6-0 yesterday. Cibulkova didn't even play badly, but Aggie was all over her.

That is the same doubt which is running in my head too....
And I bet her match against Cibulkova would have been superb to watch.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #302 on: January 12, 2013, 01:11 PM »

I capped that match and uploaded it to t3nnis.tv.... I will upload it to Youtube later.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #303 on: January 12, 2013, 01:14 PM »

Hi All,

Did anyone see the preview programme for the AO on Eursport last night? I believe it is repeated later on.

It was recorded, judging by some of the comments, before the draw was done, which doesn't make much sense to me, but there we are.

In truth I'm a bit nervous. Greg Rusedski and I are in agreement on something! Rusedski has picked Andy to win, for what seems like pretty sound reasons to me, i.e. how well he did last year, him being a changed man, that sort of thing. The weird thing is that I couldn't argue much with his thinking. Andrew Castle has (sort of) backed Djokovic, but that seems more to do with Djokovic being world no.1 than anything.

On the women's side they both seemed to pick Serena Williams.
I've recorded it to watch tonight tj.  It was originally due to go out last weekend I think but some other tennis tournament they were covering overran so they couldn't show it - that explains why it's pre-draw.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #304 on: January 12, 2013, 01:15 PM »

I capped that match and uploaded it to t3nnis.tv.... I will upload it to Youtube later.

Thanks PE, but dont think I'm gonna have time to watch it for at least 3-4 weeks since there is--

1) A beach house party tomorrow
2) A festival coming up
3) Exams startin on Friday till 31 Jan
4) Plans to go to Dubai after that :P

Really really hectic here....but no worries, I'll watch it for sure!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #305 on: January 12, 2013, 01:32 PM »

Yes Nole seems to have an easier path to the finals. Hope Andy plays well in his half of the draw.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #306 on: January 12, 2013, 01:36 PM »

I see Jamie Baker is attributing his success in part to the time spent with Andy in Miami
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #307 on: January 12, 2013, 01:50 PM »

It was superb. As a general rule I don't like the WTA as much, but that was fascinating. I felt for Cibulkova too though, she was in tears at the end. She looked mortified. I suspect her confidence will take a knock after that, but apparently she'd played well in the week, so hopefully she'll focus on that.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #308 on: January 12, 2013, 01:51 PM »

I've recorded it to watch tonight tj.  It was originally due to go out last weekend I think but some other tennis tournament they were covering overran so they couldn't show it - that explains why it's pre-draw.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for that.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #309 on: January 12, 2013, 02:47 PM »

Andy Murray did about 5 TV interviews just now. After every one he asked for a score update on Baker's match.  Awww.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #310 on: January 12, 2013, 04:11 PM »

what a guy!
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #311 on: January 12, 2013, 05:43 PM »

Yes I saw that too and was cheered; then the old cynic in me thought I bet he schmoozes all the national networks  that way!!

yay! ....Pat Cash states the obvious ... i usually find his comments negative re: Andy. Nce to hear his intimate knowledge of tennis having been a player himself.....allows him to make the same assumptions for the upcoming season for Andy as myself who couldnt hit a tennis ball if it saved his granny.

Im optimistic for Andy's season irrespective of what Fat Cash says.
[ Last edit by ABF January 12, 2013, 06:00 PM ] IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #312 on: January 12, 2013, 06:36 PM »

Milly I have another app that I have its just called the "tennis app" which is also OK for live scores. Its just another option in case you have bother with some of the others.

Thanks Angie, I'll bear that in mind. Gonna follow Day 1 matches using Aussie Open official app and if need be il give this other knw ago. Thanks again for the recommendation!
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #313 on: January 12, 2013, 06:41 PM »

? Please explain ... I only understand basic computer-speak!

The ATP app for smart phones doesn't livescore ITF tournaments such as slams and Davis Cup, I was saying it'd be great if the same app could keep you posted about tennis scores regardless of the type of tournament.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #314 on: January 12, 2013, 06:43 PM »

Andy Murray did about 5 TV interviews just now. After every one he asked for a score update on Baker's match.  Awww.

Just love Andy wub
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »