Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Australian Open 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The draw is out and Andy is on Fed's side of the draw.  How far will he get?
Eliminated in the first round. - 1 (2.4%)
Scraped through the 1st round but can't make it through the 2nd. - 0 (0%)
On court for Bev to see who witnesses his 3rd round exit. - 0 (0%)
Nightmares from 2007 are upon us again as Andy goes out in the 4th round. - 0 (0%)
Uncharted territory as Andy goes out in QF's. - 4 (9.8%)
Heartbreak again as Andy falls short in the SF's. - 0 (0%)
Goes through the No.2 seed but falls at the final hurdle. - 3 (7.3%)
Ye of little faith!  AO Champion! - 33 (80.5%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 30 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Australian Open 2013

(Read 14696 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #315 on: January 13, 2013, 07:31 AM »

Love Radwanska, she's an artist like Andy. But up against those power players, she struggles.
Really hope she wins a slam soon.
Come on Aggie  cmon yeah
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #316 on: January 13, 2013, 09:29 AM »

I think Federer will have his hands full in his (3rd) round now young Tomic has just won his first ATP title. He is on a roll, having beaten Dokovic in the Hopeman Cup earlier this year.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #317 on: January 13, 2013, 10:21 AM »

Two weeks of super tennis - a delightful prospect. I daren't vote but do hope Andy does well. I should have accompanied my grand daughter who left to do six months au pairing in Melbourne just the other day. A Novak v Andy final would be brilliant - with Andy beating Fed in the semis, of course.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #318 on: January 13, 2013, 11:14 AM »

the AO will always be my favorite  Slam.  They have the best set of fans,  the best scheduling , and the best atmosphere  imo
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #319 on: January 13, 2013, 11:46 AM »

the AO will always be my favorite  Slam.  They have the best set of fans,  the best scheduling , and the best atmosphere  imo

I love the AO too, the crowds are usually so great, it makes for fantastic watching. Then again, I also enjoy the USO, it's earthiness, that rough edge it has. I love the contrast with Wimbledon, although I do like some of the tradition there - time it got a bit less starchy though, in my opinion. The only one I'm a bit less keen on is the French, although even that has its moments, like Andy's match against Gasquet last year. That was fun!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #320 on: January 13, 2013, 02:32 PM »

AO is easily my favourite Slam, aside from the bleddy time difference. Atmosphere is always brilliant, aesthetics are great and it helps that Andy always tends to bring his best tennis.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #321 on: January 13, 2013, 03:36 PM »

Like the AO and US Open the crowd there are fantastic and the players are given good support I am not keen on Wimbledon it is far to stuck up for a better way of saying it. Perhaps it will change but can't see it even if Andy wins there.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #322 on: January 13, 2013, 03:41 PM »

Like the AO and US Open the crowd there are fantastic and the players are given good support I am not keen on Wimbledon it is far to stuck up for a better way of saying it. Perhaps it will change but can't see it even if Andy wins there.
  Agreed. Wimbledon won't change till the ordinary punters get fairer access to the big matches, the way they can at USO and AO. Still very much a society event imo.
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #323 on: January 13, 2013, 03:46 PM »

Here we go!  Statring tonight, it's two weeks of disturbed sleep, constantly knackered, trying hard and just failing to be professional at work under a constant fog of near exhaustion.

Of telling myself that I'm NOT going to wake up and check the latest scores in the small hours; trying NOT to get up at 4am or whenever because Andy is on.  Telling myself that I'll go back to bed at the end of this game, then the end of this set, then the match.....

Oh my God, it's the Aussie Open again!  And I think Andy's going all the way, I really do!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #324 on: January 13, 2013, 03:52 PM »

I have told myself I'm not going to watch the matches live but record them and watch the next day. But Ill wait and see if I can keep to my promise. My husband keeps up with the results so Ill know the results before I watch. I must admit I am always glad when Andy wins and like to know before I watch the recorded matches.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #325 on: January 13, 2013, 03:53 PM »

and it helps that Andy always tends to bring his best tennis.

That as well, indeed!
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #326 on: January 13, 2013, 04:14 PM »

I do like Wimbledon  but the fans  are as boring as hell. .... You would think they were at a funeral or something.    ( not real tennis fans)     You know the story,
[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 January 13, 2013, 04:19 PM ] IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #327 on: January 13, 2013, 04:16 PM »

Agreed. Wimbledon won't change till the ordinary punters get fairer access to the big matches, the way they can at USO and AO. Still very much a society event imo.
Tradition is what sets it apart from the rest, for better or for worse.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #328 on: January 13, 2013, 04:23 PM »

I do like Wimbledon  but the fans  are as boring as hell. .... You would think they were at a funeral or something.    ( not real tennis fans)     You know the story,

I went to Wimbledon last year. The tennis was great, but it so bloody quiet you can hear the other players grunting on the outside courts. The food there is lush though.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #329 on: January 13, 2013, 04:38 PM »

I still think the Olympics could teach Wimbledon a thing or two. I quite like the predominantly white rule at SW19, and at the Olympics I didn't particularly like those sickly pink backdrops, but you can't argue with the atmospheres. Those crowds were awesome, especially for Andy. I thought the music before the matches and during the change overs was good at the Olympics, it made it feel more like the USO but on grass, and the Championships could do that fairly painlessly. I just think it would lift things a bit, give it a modern touch.

Of course, getting the crowds to actually take an interest in the matches, not just their Pimms and strawberries and cream would be good as well - that, and making them realise that Wimbledon isn't Federer's own private garden party.

Still, the AO is just hours from starting, Wimbles is a way off yet. Can't wait for the AO!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »