Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Australian Open 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The draw is out and Andy is on Fed's side of the draw.  How far will he get?
Eliminated in the first round. - 1 (2.4%)
Scraped through the 1st round but can't make it through the 2nd. - 0 (0%)
On court for Bev to see who witnesses his 3rd round exit. - 0 (0%)
Nightmares from 2007 are upon us again as Andy goes out in the 4th round. - 0 (0%)
Uncharted territory as Andy goes out in QF's. - 4 (9.8%)
Heartbreak again as Andy falls short in the SF's. - 0 (0%)
Goes through the No.2 seed but falls at the final hurdle. - 3 (7.3%)
Ye of little faith!  AO Champion! - 33 (80.5%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 30 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Australian Open 2013

(Read 13247 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #330 on: January 15, 2013, 05:40 PM »

I have to admit,Wimbledon is my favourite slam,despite all its starchiness and its quiet,and some of the more stupid traditions.

I agree with you,Teejay,that it could learn something from the Olympics (which I loved,even the backdrops lol!),and I think it could learn something from the AO in terms of that they're always looking for ways to enhance the AO experience for everyone,which I think is a wonderful attitude,but still-I think Wimbledon will always be my favourite!It does help,of course,that I love grass court tennis,and it's the only slam played on it.But still,with all its history,and the special-ness (if that's even a word lol) of it all-I just love it,and always look forward to watching it SO much.

RG would definitely be my least-favourite slam-and not even because it's where Andy has the least chance of winning!-it's just always been the one I like the least.I'm not mad about clay court tennis anyway.The USO and AO would probably be tied in my affections-I love them both!Although I do wish there was some way my sleeping didn't get so monumentally screwed up while watching them,in particular the AO-but hey,small price to pay,I spose! Very Happy
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #331 on: January 15, 2013, 07:22 PM »

An opportunity/disaster has come up!!

An opportunity to go and visit one of my best friends (who lives in a totally different part of the country) has come my way.I'd go first thing tomorrow,and not get back til Tuesday next.Now,she's one of the closest people in the world to me,and I hardly ever get to see her-last time I saw her was over 8 months ago-so of course,I jumped at the chance and said yes.BUT it's gonna put paid to me making this time about the AO and cheering on Andy!! Frown

So,if you guys wouldn't mind and would be so kind,I'm gonna need you to throw in a bit of extra cheering for me-and Andy,I'm gonna need you to still be in it this time next week so I can resume cheering you on!!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #332 on: January 15, 2013, 07:40 PM »

Ooh he will still be in it danni Smile will cheer extra loud for you till you get back. Have fun with your friend  hug
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #333 on: January 15, 2013, 07:42 PM »

Ooh he will still be in it danni Smile will cheer extra loud for you till you get back. Have fun with your friend  hug

Aww,thanks so much Angie hug

Fingers crossed!He better be!!Was too good an opportunity to pass up,but I'll really miss cheering him on.Even more glad I stayed up to watch him last night now Smile
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #334 on: January 15, 2013, 07:44 PM »

An opportunity/disaster has come up!!

An opportunity to go and visit one of my best friends (who lives in a totally different part of the country) has come my way.I'd go first thing tomorrow,and not get back til Tuesday next.Now,she's one of the closest people in the world to me,and I hardly ever get to see her-last time I saw her was over 8 months ago-so of course,I jumped at the chance and said yes.BUT it's gonna put paid to me making this time about the AO and cheering on Andy!! Frown

So,if you guys wouldn't mind and would be so kind,I'm gonna need you to throw in a bit of extra cheering for me-and Andy,I'm gonna need you to still be in it this time next week so I can resume cheering you on!!

It's not a disaster! Enjoy the time at your friends house Smile.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #335 on: January 15, 2013, 08:05 PM »

It's not a disaster! Enjoy the time at your friends house Smile.

Thanks so much Prodigy Smile

Yeah,I can't wait to see my friend,but it is a bit disastrous in terms of timing!I've been looking forward to the AO SO much!Still,with any luck when I come back there'll still be plenty of cheering for Andy to be done Very Happy
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #336 on: January 15, 2013, 08:09 PM »

Thanks so much Prodigy Smile

Yeah,I can't wait to see my friend,but it is a bit disastrous in terms of timing!I've been looking forward to the AO SO much!Still,with any luck when I come back there'll still be plenty of cheering for Andy to be done Very Happy

Will you still be able to watch it at your friends?
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #337 on: January 15, 2013, 08:24 PM »

Will you still be able to watch it at your friends?

Probably not Frown If memory serves their internet is terrible (they live out in the country) and I wouldn't be able to turn on their tv without waking everyone as they live in a bungalow.Like I said,great opportunity,disastrous timing!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #338 on: January 15, 2013, 08:28 PM »

Your friendship is more important, Dani.

We will all still be here when you get back, with lots of photos/videos etc. for you to fill yer boots with.

Have a great time. Smile
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #339 on: January 15, 2013, 08:34 PM »

Xxdanixx is a disgrace . ban
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #340 on: January 15, 2013, 08:36 PM »

Xxdanix is a disgrace . ban
 You're a cad and a bounder Mr Forkieman!
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #341 on: January 15, 2013, 08:41 PM »

You're a cad and a bounder Mr Forkieman!
Indeed.
IP Logged
marg
Junior

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #342 on: January 15, 2013, 08:47 PM »

It is going to be 39 degrees on Thursday so I hope that Andy is not playing in the afternoon  tomic will most probably have the evening prime time slot. The Aussies Are hysterical here about his progress. I still love Wimbledon   The oz arena is cement like a 60 s shopping centre that reflects the heat
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #343 on: January 15, 2013, 09:13 PM »

Xxdanixx is a disgrace . ban

Hahaha!I was gonna say that I wasn't gonna dignify that with a response-til I realised that was a response  w00t
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #344 on: January 15, 2013, 09:14 PM »

Bless, hug
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »