Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Australian Open 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The draw is out and Andy is on Fed's side of the draw.  How far will he get?
Eliminated in the first round. - 1 (2.4%)
Scraped through the 1st round but can't make it through the 2nd. - 0 (0%)
On court for Bev to see who witnesses his 3rd round exit. - 0 (0%)
Nightmares from 2007 are upon us again as Andy goes out in the 4th round. - 0 (0%)
Uncharted territory as Andy goes out in QF's. - 4 (9.8%)
Heartbreak again as Andy falls short in the SF's. - 0 (0%)
Goes through the No.2 seed but falls at the final hurdle. - 3 (7.3%)
Ye of little faith!  AO Champion! - 33 (80.5%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 30 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Australian Open 2013

(Read 14076 times)
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #360 on: January 20, 2013, 07:19 AM »

Before people saying Djokovic has an easy run, which run would you rather Andy have to the final?

Wawrinka - Berdych - Ferrer  OR
Simon - Seppi - Federer

I know which one looks easier to me.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #361 on: January 20, 2013, 07:48 AM »

Has anyone seen the report of the interview of Mats Wilander.  It is dreadful.  He is saying that basically Andy only won the US open because Novak could not be bothered as he had enough of the conditions.  It is on British Eurosport.  I think it could be a bit of sour grapes as Ivan has done so much with Andy but I was shocked to see this as not long ago he was praising Andy.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #362 on: January 20, 2013, 07:55 AM »

Before people saying Djokovic has an easy run, which run would you rather Andy have to the final?

Wawrinka - Berdych - Ferrer  OR
Simon - Seppi - Federer

I know which one looks easier to me.
Not sure what point you're trying to make Laundry?  In terms of seeded draws the comparisons have to be between Nole and Fed on one hand and Andy and Ferrer on the other.  Yes Andy's draw has now opened out but it sure didn't look that easy at the outset (though easier than some draws he's had).  And this time, unusually, Fed has had a difficult draw.

I've not seen the  Mats W piece and not sure I want to as it will make me so angry.  How dare he say that.  It may be true that Andy wanted it that much more than Nole because it meant more to him but Andy himself has said that.  It doesn't mean that Nole simply couldn't be bothered.  He didn't fight his way back from 2 sets down just to throw in the towel in the 5th - such a stupid, biased comment to make.  He should be sacked.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #363 on: January 20, 2013, 07:57 AM »

It made me wild and my OH would not read it.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #364 on: January 20, 2013, 08:42 AM »

Not sure what point you're trying to make Laundry?
People weren't comparing Djokovic's draw to Federer's, a lot were saying it was just right-out easy. But if you look at it, for example from the view-point of people you wouldn't want Andy to play against you can see it really isn't that easy. It only appears easy on paper because people expect Djokovic to get through those players easily, but if they were up against Andy it wouldn't look so easy to people.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #365 on: January 20, 2013, 09:11 AM »

Has Wilander really said that? If he has then he has really insulted Andy AND Novak, which is unbelievable. The fact is that no one, absolutely no one, is given a major, and no one fights back from two sets down to give up in the fifth. What happened in the fifth was that Andy dug deep and banished the doubts, lifting his game to incredible heights, and Novak simply had nothing in the tank to come back with - I still feel Andy did the ground work for the win in the first two sets, pulling Novak all over the court brilliantly. Novak used such a lot of energy to level the match too.

The irony is that Wilander picked Andy to win the USO! I wonder if it is some kind of dig at Lendl in some way. Wilander does come across as someone who would be that petty. I'll definitely be commenting, although I made a mess setting myself up on Eurosport, so I'm anonymous. Still, nothing would give me more pleasure than telling Wilander exactly how stupid he is. He's yet another commentator who shouldn't be allowed to open his mouth in public.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #366 on: January 20, 2013, 09:37 AM »

So wanted Anderson to smack Big Bird
Even though bad for my challenge....
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #367 on: January 20, 2013, 09:42 AM »

Has anyone seen the report of the interview of Mats Wilander.  It is dreadful.  He is saying that basically Andy only won the US open because Novak could not be bothered as he had enough of the conditions.  It is on British Eurosport.  I think it could be a bit of sour grapes as Ivan has done so much with Andy but I was shocked to see this as not long ago he was praising Andy.
  I can't believe this would be true, or that Wilander would believe it. Thats not the way these guys are made. Djoko was physically outplayed. If he "couldn't be bothered" it was because he was physically unable to be.  Must check what Wilanders actually said.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #368 on: January 20, 2013, 10:43 AM »

How do I get to read this report please?
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #369 on: January 20, 2013, 11:07 AM »

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/australian-open-djokovic-still-edge-murray-wilander-045245705.html

Not sure that link will work but it's where the report is- you can find it by going to uk.eurosport.yahoo.com click the tennis tab then the Australian Open one, it's one of a list of news articles. And yes, it's not good for a persons blood pressure of a Sunday morning.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #370 on: January 20, 2013, 11:08 AM »

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/australian-open-djokovic-still-edge-murray-wilander-045245705.html

Not sure that link will work but it's where the report is- you can find it by going to uk.eurosport.yahoo.com click the tennis tab then the Australian Open one, it's one of a list of news articles. And yes, it's not good for a persons blood pressure of a Sunday morning.
Many thanks!
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #371 on: January 20, 2013, 11:21 AM »

I can't believe this would be true, or that Wilander would believe it. Thats not the way these guys are made. Djoko was physically outplayed. If he "couldn't be bothered" it was because he was physically unable to be.  Must check what Wilanders actually said.
I've just read it and indeed he did say just that but some of his comments were speculative and fair game as far as Andy is concerned. I don't agree with him because I feel that Novak and Andy will be battling it out a lot over the next few years and each will rack up considerable wins - I feel they are equal contestants and I do not believe that Novak couldn't be bothered. He fought and he lost - end of story. I feel Wilander should be very careful about making comments such as this but then I suppose it is only his opinion.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #372 on: January 20, 2013, 11:47 AM »

It's quite cleverly written in many ways because it is clearly Wilander's opinion and as such doesn't give any cause for complaint - yet he manages to have a bit of a subtle dig at Andy's achievements. Gues we'll need to let the tennis do the talkng!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #373 on: January 20, 2013, 12:02 PM »

Well I am sorry, excuse my language on a Sunday, but could Wilander be more of a *******? What a hateful, hateful man. Stuff this being his opinion, it is just plain wrong!

I am sick to the back teeth of Andy's success being questioned. Andy won the Olympic gold by smashing Federer, a multi major winner and seven times Wimbledon winner, to bits in a best of five set match, and he beat Djokovic, who hadn't lost in a hard court major for two bloody years, and was already a multi major winner, over five sets to win the USO. If it was just about anyone else in the game what he has achieved would be heralded ad nauseam, but its Andy, so the bastards do nothing but pick faults. Personally if I was Lendl and I read this I would go up to Wilander and knock seven sorts of crap out of him.

Now I'm going on the PC to comment on the article and give Wilander a piece of my mind. Despicable, despicable man!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #374 on: January 20, 2013, 12:07 PM »

Well I am sorry, excuse my language on a Sunday, but could Wilander be more of a *******? What a hateful, hateful man. Stuff this being his opinion, it is just plain wrong!

I am sick to the back teeth of Andy's success being questioned. Andy won the Olympic gold by smashing Federer, a multi major winner and seven times Wimbledon winner, to bits in a best of five set match, and he beat Djokovic, who hadn't lost in a hard court major for two bloody years, and was already a multi major winner, over five sets to win the USO. If it was just about anyone else in the game what he has achieved would be heralded ad nauseam, but its Andy, so the bastards do nothing but pick faults. Personally if I was Lendl and I read this I would go up to Wilander and knock seven sorts of crap out of him.

Now I'm going on the PC to comment on the article and give Wilander a piece of my mind. Despicable, despicable man!

I'd like to see Ivan and Mats squaring up! Reckon it would be seriously one sided!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »