Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Australian Open 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The draw is out and Andy is on Fed's side of the draw.  How far will he get?
Eliminated in the first round. - 1 (2.4%)
Scraped through the 1st round but can't make it through the 2nd. - 0 (0%)
On court for Bev to see who witnesses his 3rd round exit. - 0 (0%)
Nightmares from 2007 are upon us again as Andy goes out in the 4th round. - 0 (0%)
Uncharted territory as Andy goes out in QF's. - 4 (9.8%)
Heartbreak again as Andy falls short in the SF's. - 0 (0%)
Goes through the No.2 seed but falls at the final hurdle. - 3 (7.3%)
Ye of little faith!  AO Champion! - 33 (80.5%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Australian Open 2013

(Read 12732 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #375 on: January 20, 2013, 12:08 PM »

Well I am sorry, excuse my language on a Sunday, but could Wilander be more of a *******? What a hateful, hateful man. Stuff this being his opinion, it is just plain wrong!

I am sick to the back teeth of Andy's success being questioned. Andy won the Olympic gold by smashing Federer, a multi major winner and seven times Wimbledon winner, to bits in a best of five set match, and he beat Djokovic, who hadn't lost in a hard court major for two bloody years, and was already a multi major winner, over five sets to win the USO. If it was just about anyone else in the game what he has achieved would be heralded ad nauseam, but its Andy, so the bastards do nothing but pick faults. Personally if I was Lendl and I read this I would go up to Wilander and knock seven sorts of crap out of him.

Now I'm going on the PC to comment on the article and give Wilander a piece of my mind. Despicable, despicable man!
You a wee bit angry?  Me too.  I just hope Andy can let his tennis do the talking.  He has the ability - we've all seen it and know it.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #376 on: January 20, 2013, 12:14 PM »

go teejay go teejay go....... You get into the bugger Smile
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #377 on: January 20, 2013, 12:22 PM »

You a wee bit angry?  Me too.  I just hope Andy can let his tennis do the talking.  He has the ability - we've all seen it and know it.

Not a wee bit, no. I'm furious. Andy definitely has the ability to let his tennis do the talking, I agree, but I do get so angry when people fail to see what Andy has done in its proper context, i.e. bearing in mind that he lost those four major finals before turning things around, and also bearing in mind that Andy had beaten Djokovic et al to win Masters tournaments and such, so him doing it in a major, and more than one, was always possible. The success hasn't happened in isolation of the rest of Andy's career. These things never do.

I also think the article insults Andy, Lendl, Judy and even Djokovic, who looked utterly knackered when the USO final was done.

Honestly, all that effort just to be insulted by a cretin like Wilander. He needs to go and crawl up Fed's rear end. He's halfway there already if his commentaries are anything to go by.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #378 on: January 20, 2013, 12:28 PM »

Not a wee bit, no. I'm furious. Andy definitely has the ability to let his tennis do the talking, I agree, but I do get so angry when people fail to see what Andy has done in its proper context, i.e. bearing in mind that he lost those four major finals before turning things around, and also bearing in mind that Andy had beaten Djokovic et al to win Masters tournaments and such, so him doing it in a major, and more than one, was always possible. The success hasn't happened in isolation of the rest of Andy's career. These things never do.

I also think the article insults Andy, Lendl, Judy and even Djokovic, who looked utterly knackered when the USO final was done.

Honestly, all that effort just to be insulted by a cretin like Wilander. He needs to go and crawl up Fed's rear end. He's halfway there already if his commentaries are anything to go by.
I know, and I wasn't meaning to make light of it.  It's testament to Andy that he has such passionate fans.  It's funny how we can see beyond the 'mask' and idiots like Wilander can't.  I don't consider myself a blind Andy fan - I see his shortcomings and how hard it is for him to believe in himself at times.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again - this is what makes him human and as a supporter/fan, you are with him every step of the way from the bottom of your heart.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #379 on: January 20, 2013, 12:30 PM »

People (eg Wilander and many others) also seem to forget that Andy beat Nole in straights at the Olympics - and Nole talked a lot prior to London 2012 abot how much an Olympic title would mean so no way he gave that away.  I think Wilander's opinions in the article are really insulting - but am determined his small mindedness won't spoil my Sunday or the 'Happy Slam' Great match just now Nole v Wawrinka - great way to spend a Sunday morning
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #380 on: January 20, 2013, 12:57 PM »

Eurosport should rename their nightly Summary show....

"Game, Set and Prats!"

He's an idiot.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #381 on: January 20, 2013, 01:41 PM »

I have just read Simon Briggs Telegraph article on Andy which includes in part an i/v with Wilander. In this interview Wilander says that Andy is on an upward curve with his game and that with Ivan as coach he expects Andy to improve many facets of his game. I don't know how to give you a link but he certainly doesn't include any unpleasantries, just relevant critical comment. Try and read it for yourselves - Simon Briggs is an excellent tennis writer, very fair to Andy always.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #382 on: January 20, 2013, 01:43 PM »

Not only all of that teejay, but he beat Djoko and Federer back to back to win the Olympic Gold.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #383 on: January 20, 2013, 01:56 PM »

I have just read Simon Briggs Telegraph article on Andy which includes in part an i/v with Wilander. In this interview Wilander says that Andy is on an upward curve with his game and that with Ivan as coach he expects Andy to improve many facets of his game. I don't know how to give you a link but he certainly doesn't include any unpleasantries, just relevant critical comment. Try and read it for yourselves - Simon Briggs is an excellent tennis writer, very fair to Andy always.

Here's the link for the Telegraph article
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/australianopen/9813152/Australian-Open-2013-Andy-Murray-must-switch-his-game-brain-off-and-revert-to-killer-instinct-on-court-says-Max-Wilander.html

It's a far more measured, thoughtful article than the Eurosport one, more looking at how Andy can become even better - as opposed to the Eurosport one detracting from his achievements.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #384 on: January 20, 2013, 02:51 PM »

Before people saying Djokovic has an easy run, which run would you rather Andy have to the final?

Wawrinka - Berdych - Ferrer  OR
Simon - Seppi - Federer

I know which one looks easier to me.
At the start of the tournament Djokovic had the easiest run.

Now a few of the seeds on Murray's side have gone out and Murray has the easier run.

That's all there is to it.

In any case it's all about match-ups anyway. Isner would have been a tougher draw for Djokovic than Murray or Federer for instance, whereas Berdych would be a tougher draw for the latter two.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #385 on: January 20, 2013, 02:54 PM »

People weren't comparing Djokovic's draw to Federer's, a lot were saying it was just right-out easy. But if you look at it, for example from the view-point of people you wouldn't want Andy to play against you can see it really isn't that easy. It only appears easy on paper because people expect Djokovic to get through those players easily, but if they were up against Andy it wouldn't look so easy to people.
Yeah.. what's your point? Match-ups are definitely relevant.

Regardless Wawrinka-Berdych-Ferrer is infinitely easier than Simon-Del Potro-Federer.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #386 on: January 20, 2013, 02:56 PM »

Not only all of that teejay, but he beat Djoko and Federer back to back to win the Olympic Gold.

Exactly. I haven't posted anything in reply to what he said yet, like a lot of us I suspect, I couldn't move from the TV, but I will be saying something. The thing is, the Telegraph version is the edited pleasantries, but what he said in the actual article is just nasty and makes it sound like Andy fluked a major win, and you can't, especially against someone who has already won majors.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #387 on: January 20, 2013, 02:58 PM »

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/australian-open-djokovic-still-edge-murray-wilander-045245705.html

Not sure that link will work but it's where the report is- you can find it by going to uk.eurosport.yahoo.com click the tennis tab then the Australian Open one, it's one of a list of news articles. And yes, it's not good for a persons blood pressure of a Sunday morning.
I stopped reading after the first line.

"He literally will have an edge for a long time but that can be changed"

So much wrong with that sentence I don't know where to start. Literally? He 'literally will' have an edge? F**k me.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter January 20, 2013, 03:08 PM ] IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #388 on: January 20, 2013, 03:01 PM »

Literally have an edge? Literally? F**k me.

That just means he's an incoherent, babbling cretin, instead of just being a cretin - not to mention the other words I used earlier, which still apply. Personally I don't think the man has parents, let alone a father, if you catch my drift.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #389 on: January 20, 2013, 03:23 PM »

So much wrong with that sentence I don't know where to start. Literally? He 'literally will' have an edge? F**k me.
  Is Colemanballs still going? - perhaps we should have a tennisballs thread, And i nominate that for a first serve.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »