Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Australian Open 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The draw is out and Andy is on Fed's side of the draw.  How far will he get?
Eliminated in the first round. - 1 (2.4%)
Scraped through the 1st round but can't make it through the 2nd. - 0 (0%)
On court for Bev to see who witnesses his 3rd round exit. - 0 (0%)
Nightmares from 2007 are upon us again as Andy goes out in the 4th round. - 0 (0%)
Uncharted territory as Andy goes out in QF's. - 4 (9.8%)
Heartbreak again as Andy falls short in the SF's. - 0 (0%)
Goes through the No.2 seed but falls at the final hurdle. - 3 (7.3%)
Ye of little faith!  AO Champion! - 33 (80.5%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Australian Open 2013

(Read 12773 times)
AussieAndyFan

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #420 on: January 27, 2013, 05:28 AM »

We have tickets!! Smile
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #421 on: January 27, 2013, 05:43 AM »

Jammy buggars!

Be loud and sing for us all on MW clapping
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #422 on: January 27, 2013, 07:27 AM »

We have tickets!! Smile
oh I'm so pleased.  And just heard that you're about to be interviewed on Radio 5 Live.  Prepare, attack, destroy guys
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #423 on: January 27, 2013, 07:37 AM »

We have tickets!! Smile

Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant
Enjoy. May the force be with you and Andy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #424 on: January 27, 2013, 08:24 AM »

We have tickets!! Smile
That's great news.  So happy for them.  yay

And just heard that you're about to be interviewed on Radio 5 Live.  Prepare, attack, destroy guys
Hope we can get to hear a recording of that. Smile
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #425 on: January 27, 2013, 08:25 AM »

We have tickets!! Smile

Fantastic - we missed you at the SF! Enjoy!
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #426 on: January 27, 2013, 12:13 PM »

I'm so proud of Andy, he's managed to get a lot further than I anticipated and beat Federer in the process. Anybody else in that final would have lost 3-0 to Novak. Djokovic is just simply divine, no shame in losing to somebody playing like that.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #427 on: January 27, 2013, 01:25 PM »

I'm so proud of Andy, he's managed to get a lot further than I anticipated and beat Federer in the process. Anybody else in that final would have lost 3-0 to Novak. Djokovic is just simply divine, no shame in losing to somebody playing like that.

Agreed, this is the most chilled I've felt after any of Andy's big losses. There's  nothing between these guys. As John Loyd said - forget the computer - they are one and two in the world.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #428 on: January 27, 2013, 03:09 PM »

Andy played well for the two sets then he seemed to lose his momentum. Played well we can't win them all. Life goes on. I am sure he will not be disappointed with his prize money.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #429 on: January 27, 2013, 03:46 PM »

Andy played well for the two sets then he seemed to lose his momentum. Played well we can't win them all. Life goes on. I am sure he will not be disappointed with his prize money.

It's not the money though, it's the title that Andy wanted.

I'm sure he will be disappointed, but he knows now that he has moved up in stature, if not quite yet in the rankings, to effectively two in the world. That is huge for Andy, for the game as a whole, to know that there has been a shift away from Federer et al, and for British tennis in particular.

Seriously, effectively two in the world, brilliant, and ours. As a Brit I'm enormously proud of Andy, and today doesn't change that one bit.

I don't know about the other matches just yet, but I am going to get the DVD of Andy beating Federer in the semi's. It was superb, not just because of who Andy beat, but the way he did it. A class act our Andy.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #430 on: January 27, 2013, 09:55 PM »

I've added that match to my next bunch of dvds to order too tj.  And like you I'm proud that Andy is de facto #2 in the world.  Let's hope the rankings catch up quickly. 
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #431 on: January 27, 2013, 09:58 PM »

When Fed's Wimbledon drops off the computer - or hopefully sooner - Andy will be number two. No way on this planet will Federer defend his Wimby title.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #432 on: January 27, 2013, 11:36 PM »

I've added that match to my next bunch of dvds to order too tj.  And like you I'm proud that Andy is de facto #2 in the world.  Let's hope the rankings catch up quickly.  

Guess what match I'm watching on the iplayer? I needed to be cheered up and Andy beating Federer seems to do that somehow.

Hopefully Andy will put the loss today behind him quickly and use the situation to push on further. If  he does the rankings should tell the story soon. I do hope so.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #433 on: January 28, 2013, 07:22 AM »

When Fed's Wimbledon drops off the computer - or hopefully sooner - Andy will be number two. No way on this planet will Federer defend his Wimby title.

Feeling cheerier by the second...Wink
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #434 on: January 28, 2013, 12:15 PM »

Yes we are all a little downhearted but cheer up folks just think about all the matches that Andy will play this year.  I am sure it is going to be great for him, you win some you loose some but that's life. So cheer up we might even see Smugfed retire would'nt that be wonderful.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »