Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Australian Open 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Australian Open

(Read 7347 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #180 on: January 10, 2014, 09:52 PM »

Yeah, we will make do with having it beamed into our homes via tv. Every little helps. tv racquet
I wish I could get it on TV.  Still, the quality of livestreams has improved over the last year or so. Smile
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #181 on: January 10, 2014, 09:56 PM »

The bbc will be showing some of it Aileen and covering it on 5live as well. If you check out their sport website tennis section it should update through the week what they are showing. I think it's just towards the end on tv tho sometimes they do highlights in the middle weekend. 5live are doing all Andy matches (not sure if they are all on regular 5live or if some might by sportsxtra, the digital one)
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #182 on: January 10, 2014, 10:02 PM »

If you are missing it on TV buy eurosport player, u can get all televised courts and the main channels are HD
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #183 on: January 10, 2014, 10:19 PM »

I only just looked at the full draw, it's amazing for Andy really couldn't have asked for better.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #184 on: January 10, 2014, 10:28 PM »

If you are missing it on TV buy eurosport player, u can get all televised courts and the main channels are HD
  Thanks Prod, thats helpful - is it expensive?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #185 on: January 10, 2014, 10:33 PM »

There was a deal of 2.99 per month but sadly that's gone now. It's either 3.99 per month or 5.99 per month.

The 3.99 per month one is supposed to be 12 months contract BUT if you pay via paypal and either just use paypal funds or remove the card you used on your paypal account you can just pay for the month and then it cancels.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #186 on: January 10, 2014, 10:37 PM »

There was a deal of 2.99 per month but sadly that's gone now. It's either 3.99 per month or 5.99 per month.

The 3.99 per month one is supposed to be 12 months contract BUT if you pay via paypal and either just use paypal funds or remove the card you used on your paypal account you can just pay for the month and then it cancels.
That sounds quite affordable.  Loving the sneaky way to cancel!  Very Happy
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #187 on: January 10, 2014, 10:37 PM »

That sounds like a pretty good deal - but I guess you've got the broadband costs above that - I'd need to work out how much my current contract would support cos I've got punitive rates if I exceed my data limit.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #188 on: January 10, 2014, 10:38 PM »

Yeah I used that method of cancelling twice, now a friend of mine has given me his login and he has it for a year, I gave him my TennisTV login in return.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #189 on: January 10, 2014, 10:41 PM »

Yeah I used that method of cancelling twice, now a friend of mine has given me his login and he has it for a year, I gave him my TennisTV login in return.
That's what friends are for!  Wink
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #190 on: January 10, 2014, 10:50 PM »

The bbc will be showing some of it Aileen and covering it on 5live as well. If you check out their sport website tennis section it should update through the week what they are showing. I think it's just towards the end on tv tho sometimes they do highlights in the middle weekend. 5live are doing all Andy matches (not sure if they are all on regular 5live or if some might by sportsxtra, the digital one)
Yes they always show the final and one of the semis.

That sounds quite affordable.  Loving the sneaky way to cancel!  Very Happy
Well I've used EP before, and always worked it that way! 

That sounds like a pretty good deal - but I guess you've got the broadband costs above that - I'd need to work out how much my current contract would support cos I've got punitive rates if I exceed my data limit.
Me too Fiverings, which is one reason I think I'll stick with livescorehunter.  £5-99 may not sound much for a month but if you have to add £5 or more because you've gone over your b/b limit, then it does make a difference, and being a canny Scot, if I paid EP's monthly sub, I'd want to get my value plus for the money!  At least with LSH you can track what your allowance is at and tailor your watching of matches accordingly - and it goes without saying that Andy's always get priority.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #191 on: January 10, 2014, 11:06 PM »

You both have Bandwidth limits? Shame.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #192 on: January 10, 2014, 11:08 PM »

I tweeted AO and OOP for Day 1 will be out on completion of qualifying matches.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #193 on: January 10, 2014, 11:15 PM »

You both have Bandwidth limits? Shame.
Sadly yes, Proddy.  I could get BT Infinity but can't afford it, and as I have a good package with them I don't want to move to another company.  Sky is totally out of the question anyway because of its high cost.

I tweeted AO and OOP for Day 1 will be out on completion of qualifying matches.
Hope Andy's playing on Monday.  The heat will be bad enough but not as bad as Tuesday is set to be.

Either you or Proddy - refresh my memory though.  Is R1 of the AO played over two days or three?  Or am I getting confused with the USO?
[ Last edit by Aileen January 10, 2014, 11:19 PM ] IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #194 on: January 10, 2014, 11:22 PM »

I'm pretty sure it's just 2, which is why media get so infuriated with US Open (well one of the reasons)- it being the only one to drag it over 3.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »