Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Australian Open 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Australian Open

(Read 7275 times)
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #210 on: January 12, 2014, 01:08 PM »

Is it not Radio 5 xtra? Not wanting to be picky, just don't want folk stressing with their radios early in the morning #not a good start to their day
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #211 on: January 12, 2014, 01:10 PM »

Is it not Radio 5 xtra? Not wanting to be picky, just don't want folk stressing with their radios early in the morning #not a good start to their day

It's 5live. There is Radio 1xtra though.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #212 on: January 12, 2014, 01:13 PM »

I mean 5live sports xtra. They tend to use their digital station at that time so as not to interrupt 5live schedules. I checked their schedules
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #213 on: January 12, 2014, 01:14 PM »

I mean 5live sports xtra. They tend to use their digital station at that time so as not to interrupt 5live schedules. I checked their schedules

Oh right, yes thats true.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #214 on: January 12, 2014, 01:15 PM »

Teacher is always right lol
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #215 on: January 12, 2014, 01:17 PM »

Teacher is always right lol

Not when I'm about.
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #216 on: January 12, 2014, 01:18 PM »

It's 5live. There is Radio 1xtra though.

Yes, my mistake again I meant 5live extra cos 5 are up to their eyes in daily news
It's another way of BBC wanting us to buy digital radios You can get it on TV though if you can stay in one place at that hour in the morning
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #217 on: January 12, 2014, 01:28 PM »

5pm ( Melbourne time) on Hisense I believe

not rod laver?  that sounds like a bit of a snub for his first match (even Ferrer on RLA tomorrow) but at least not in the hottest part of the day though will still be pretty hot I guess.  Can someone remind me what the time difference is please ie what will 5pm Adelaide time be in UK (not that I think I'll be able to watch).
have just looked at schedule and on 2nd thoughts probably better for Andy to be on Hisense later than RLA in hottest part of day, an honour given to smugfed.  And I gather it will be 6am GMT.

am getting confused about the S Times piece.  People are talking about Rafter but it says Cash? And also I don't think the good luck wish comes from the quote but from mp  confused
[ Last edit by Ruthie January 12, 2014, 01:44 PM ] IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #218 on: January 12, 2014, 02:37 PM »

am getting confused about the S Times piece.  People are talking about Rafter but it says Cash? And also I don't think the good luck wish comes from the quote but from mp  confused

Re the S. Times piece -you are right, Ruthie. The article is by Pat Cash [p13 of the paper copy of the Sports section]; and the good luck wish was from me [only positive vibes!]
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #219 on: January 12, 2014, 02:39 PM »

I was a bit confused by the Cash/Rafter comments too, glad it's clarified. I guessed the Good Luck was mp
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #220 on: January 12, 2014, 05:38 PM »

Re the S. Times piece -you are right, Ruthie. The article is by Pat Cash [p13 of the paper copy of the Sports section]; and the good luck wish was from me [only positive vibes!]
poster_oops  I should have had the sense to know that PC would refer to Andy as Murray, and also that writers of articles don't usually offer particular players good luck.  Maybe I should start going to bed earlier! 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #221 on: January 13, 2014, 03:03 AM »

It seems it isn't only Andy who has, but hopefully had, back problems.

"Go Soeda to tackle Andy Murray with Italian help" [Guardian, 12 Jan]
By Kevin Mitchell

Whether or not the fine Japanese player Go Soeda falls at the first time of asking in the Australian Open, against Andy Murray in killing heat on Tuesday, he will do his best to play like an Italian.

"It's going to be so hot, 39 degrees," his Italian coach, Davide Sanguinetti, said. "Actually, my guy is pretty good with the heat. I think Andy will make him run a lot. It's a good thing his name is Go."

Soeda joked: "He says that I need to be more Italian – like cheat, or something. I am too polite. Japanese players are normally quiet and reserved. [Kei] Nishikori is quiet but he is trying to change as well. That is the Japanese culture. It might be nice on the street or in a restaurant but it's not a good thing on the tennis court.

"I think I need to use [Sanguinetti's] mentality. He always says to me that I need to make myself bigger on court, to show my opponent. I am getting better at doing it but I need to do it more. Sometimes now I do lose my temper on court, like an Italian. I have nothing to lose so I'm going to play my best.

"He has everything – good serve, groundstrokes, movement. I need to do everything great." He said of the Scot's paucity of competition since his back operation in September: "Andy has already played a few matches, so it is no big deal but in the first round everybody gets nervous, so if I start well maybe I will have a few chances in the first set."

Soeda, although ranked 112 in the world, is the sort of player who might prove to be a trickier opponent than his CV suggests.

As Sanguinetti said: "He has nothing to lose. He is not playing that bad, he is playing good. I thought maybe we have a chance to go further but he needed a good draw and we didn't get it. This is my third year with Go. I took him when he was 250, got to 47 last year but then we had some injury problems and he went back in the rankings."

Soeda said the back injury was a major setback and he did not win between February and April. "I lost confidence. I was struggling but from Wimbledon onwards I got my confidence and things got better.

"I need to have a strong core. Every day I work on my back. My problem is that my back is curved and I need to be more upright. Every day I have a pole to help me stand up straight. It took me two or three months to start playing normally again but I didn't have surgery."

For the rest of the article, which relates to Andy, see - http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jan/12/australian-open-2014-go-soeda-andy-murray

[ Last edit by Aileen January 13, 2014, 03:06 AM ] IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #222 on: January 13, 2014, 04:49 PM »

Andy's just withdrawn......

Due to broken penis injury.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #223 on: January 13, 2014, 05:13 PM »

Don't see this guy being much of a threat.  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open « Reply #224 on: January 13, 2014, 05:24 PM »

Nice try Gangsta.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »