Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at The Hurlingham Club - Thursday 20th June 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at The Hurlingham Club - Thursday 20th June

(Read 2843 times)
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at The Hurlingham Club - Thursday 20th June « Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 04:35 PM »

I cannot believe that Nadal has agreed to play at Hurlingham.  Talk about trying to steal someone's thunder.  I was beginning to dislike him like most of my friends do but I think I really do now.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy at The Hurlingham Club - Thursday 20th June « Reply #16 on: June 20, 2013, 05:11 PM »

I cannot believe that Nadal has agreed to play at Hurlingham.  Talk about trying to steal someone's thunder.  I was beginning to dislike him like most of my friends do but I think I really do now.

He's played there before and Hurlingham usually try to get several top players to play there. No big deal imo - he'll get some grass practice against Nishikori (and I assume a big appearance fee).
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy at The Hurlingham Club - Thursday 20th June « Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 05:42 PM »

Andy seems to be playing well against Nishikori - he was up 5-1 nine minutes ago (according to twitter) so I presume he's taken the set now. Just a shame it isn't being streamed!
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at The Hurlingham Club - Thursday 20th June « Reply #18 on: June 20, 2013, 05:43 PM »

It is such a shame as Boodles has been.  The Nole match was hilarious.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at The Hurlingham Club - Thursday 20th June « Reply #19 on: June 20, 2013, 05:47 PM »

So much for not being able to practice before Wimbledon. I really wonder if that man would know the truth if it got up and smacked him.

Still, it's an exhibition. Means absolutely nothing.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at The Hurlingham Club - Thursday 20th June « Reply #20 on: June 20, 2013, 05:50 PM »

So much for not being able to practice before Wimbledon. I really wonder if that man would know the truth if it got up and smacked him.

Still, it's an exhibition. Means absolutely nothing.

It is nice to hear someone who thinks the same.  As I said earlier I used to quite like him but have recently begun to change my mind.  I have a friend who used to work at Wimbledon and she often said he is not as nice as he seems to be. 
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at The Hurlingham Club - Thursday 20th June « Reply #21 on: June 20, 2013, 05:54 PM »

Won first set 6-2, but down 1-3 in the second (serve fell to pieces apparently and got broken twice, but just broke back).

For updates:

https://twitter.com/SilksPR
https://twitter.com/NeilHarmanTimes
https://twitter.com/DanKing_1974

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at The Hurlingham Club - Thursday 20th June « Reply #22 on: June 20, 2013, 05:58 PM »

Murray muttering to himself apparently.

IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Andy at The Hurlingham Club - Thursday 20th June « Reply #23 on: June 20, 2013, 05:58 PM »

RT @NeilHarmanTimes: Murray won first set 6-2 but he has got a little lax and trails 3-0 to Nishikori in second. Gently seething as we speak

Followed by RT @NeilHarmanTimes MuzA having a mutter.

* image.jpg (85.87 KB, 568x426 - viewed 285 times.)
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy at The Hurlingham Club - Thursday 20th June « Reply #24 on: June 20, 2013, 06:01 PM »

It is such a shame as Boodles has been.  The Nole match was hilarious.

I agree with you there! Some very entertaining stuff. Andy/Kei sounds a bit more serious.

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at The Hurlingham Club - Thursday 20th June « Reply #25 on: June 20, 2013, 06:03 PM »

I wish I'd been around here before Wimbles last year. Watching Andy/Djokovic on a livescore was not funny. I didn't realise it was streamed.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at The Hurlingham Club - Thursday 20th June « Reply #26 on: June 20, 2013, 06:05 PM »

It is nice to hear someone who thinks the same.  As I said earlier I used to quite like him but have recently begun to change my mind.  I have a friend who used to work at Wimbledon and she often said he is not as nice as he seems to be. 

Don't get me wrong, Nadal can be nice at times. I just don't buy his sweet, innocent, wide-eyed bit anymore. I think he has a very interesting relationship with the truth.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at The Hurlingham Club - Thursday 20th June « Reply #27 on: June 20, 2013, 06:17 PM »

From 0-3* down Andy won four games in a row. Now leads 6-2, 6-5*.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Andy at The Hurlingham Club - Thursday 20th June « Reply #28 on: June 20, 2013, 06:19 PM »

^ The mutter must have done him good.  yay
IP Logged
batz

Re: Andy at The Hurlingham Club - Thursday 20th June « Reply #29 on: June 20, 2013, 06:22 PM »

Latest update from Neil Harman says Andy leads 4-3 on serve in the 2nd
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »