Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Madrid Masters 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Madrid Masters

(Read 7539 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #30 on: May 04, 2013, 01:15 PM »

Who is Bye?

Hopefully, it is what Andy will say to each of his opponents.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #31 on: May 04, 2013, 01:23 PM »

Quite a tough week I'd say.
Hey simong, and welcome Smile

If there's one thing I've learned about watching Andy, it's that I take his H2H's with a pinch of salt. You just never know what you're going to get.

Bellucci has also been struggling with an abdominal injury, and pulled out of the QF in Barcelona and also Munich I think.

IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #32 on: May 04, 2013, 01:28 PM »

Since Andy joined the main tour he's played about 125 different opponents I think.  He has a losing record to only 4 players currently on the tour (Djokovic, Nadal, Robredo and Bellucci). He has a tied record against another 11 (Anderson 1-1, Berdych 4-4, Fish 4-4, Fognini 1-1, Haase 1-1, Janowicz 1-1, Kohlschreiber 1-1, Lee 1-1, Mahut 1-1, Monaco 2-2 and Raonic 2-2). Not playing this coming week are Fish, Kohlschreiber, Lee, Mahut and Haase unless he gets through qualifying which leaves 6.

So in his quarter he may have to play Bellucci and any 1 of 4 of those 6 before tackling Djoko and then Rafa if it all goes to form.

Raonic leads the H2H vs Andy
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #33 on: May 04, 2013, 01:36 PM »

I think he has been praticising very hard with ivan . I am looking forward to a very different andy on clay. I know what ivan can do. he is a great guy determined and so strong this will elp andy and make him determined. very muchlooking forward to this week. so much to look for ward to and no points to worry about.

IP Logged
simong

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #34 on: May 04, 2013, 02:58 PM »

Raonic leads the H2H vs Andy

Don't know how I missed that. Thanks!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #35 on: May 04, 2013, 03:00 PM »

Not to worry, welcome to MurraysWorld Smile
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #36 on: May 04, 2013, 03:02 PM »

Also we should take into account that Andy was quite ill in Tokyo when he last played Milos. If he had been well would have beaten Milos so I think we can forget the H2H could be Andy leading the H2H.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #37 on: May 04, 2013, 03:15 PM »

I suppose it depends what you are using the H2H for.  In absolute terms, the matches where one or both player is sick/injured count, as that is part of life on tour.  However, when trying to predict  the impact on a future match-up, it's it needs consideration.  Andy wasn't that ill, but then he almost won, so it is probably fair to say he should have won, but at the same time, Raonic still played well and deserves credit, especially as his game is still developing.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #38 on: May 04, 2013, 03:19 PM »

Andy was also ill in Shanghai, but he nearly won the tournament. I don't think we should start to discredit other players wins, just because Andy was not at his best/not 100% fit. I'm sure we would not like it if fans of other players did the same to Andy regarding his wins.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #39 on: May 04, 2013, 03:33 PM »

Since Andy joined the main tour he's played about 125 different opponents I think.  He has a losing record to only 4 players currently on the tour (Djokovic, Nadal, Robredo and Bellucci). He has a tied record against another 11 (Anderson 1-1, Berdych 4-4, Fish 4-4, Fognini 1-1, Haase 1-1, Janowicz 1-1, Kohlschreiber 1-1, Lee 1-1, Mahut 1-1, Monaco 2-2 and Raonic 2-2). Not playing this coming week are Fish, Kohlschreiber, Lee, Mahut and Haase unless he gets through qualifying which leaves 6.

So in his quarter he may have to play Bellucci and any 1 of 4 of those 6 before tackling Djoko and then Rafa if it all goes to form.

When was his 2nd win v Raonic?

When did he beat Janowicz?

He has a 2-1 H2H v Haase and 3-1 v Mahut.

The overall H2H's are irrelevant in this situation anyway, as Murray is a completely different player on this surface.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter May 04, 2013, 03:41 PM ] IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #40 on: May 04, 2013, 03:36 PM »

If you follow the rest of the thread TheMadHatter, you'll see that mistake has already been pointed out and acknowledged. Smile

Edit, as TheMadHatter has added to their post - I was just talking about the Raonic one.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #41 on: May 04, 2013, 03:40 PM »

Andy was also ill in Shanghai, but he nearly won the tournament. I don't think we should start to discredit other players wins, just because Andy was not at his best/not 100% fit. I'm sure we would not like it if fans of other players did the same to Andy regarding his wins.
No-one's discrediting those wins. Read Sparkle's post.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #42 on: May 04, 2013, 03:41 PM »

If you follow the rest of the thread TheMadHatter, you'll see that mistake has already been pointed out and acknowledged. Smile

Edit, as TheMadHatter has added to their post - I was just talking about the Raonic one.
Aye didn't notice the 3rd page. Fair enough, but a few other inaccuracies in there as well.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #43 on: May 04, 2013, 03:51 PM »

When was his 2nd win v Raonic?

When did he beat Janowicz?

He has a 2-1 H2H v Haase and 3-1 v Mahut.

The overall H2H's are irrelevant in this situation anyway, as Murray is a completely different player on this surface.

He beat Janowicz in the Davis Cup.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #44 on: May 04, 2013, 03:56 PM »

Cool beans. That must have when Janowicz was still a pup.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »