Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Madrid Masters 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Madrid Masters

(Read 5858 times)
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #45 on: May 04, 2013, 04:27 PM »

Hopefully, it is what Andy will say to each of his opponents.

Great comment,my first laugh today Welcome to Simong we await your comments with interest Best of luck to Andy
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #46 on: May 04, 2013, 04:56 PM »

Raonic leads the H2H vs Andy

Thats because Andy has a problem dealing with Milos's hair. Nadal and Djovovic can handle it ok but Andy lets it affect him at key moments. Like when a break up in the final set in Tokyo and with match points. Andy would have won that if he had remained focussed.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #47 on: May 04, 2013, 04:58 PM »

Thats because Andy has a problem dealing with Milos's hair. Nadal and Djovovic can handle it ok but Andy lets it affect him at key moments. Like when a break up in the final set in Tokyo and with match points. Andy would have won that if he had remained focussed.

confused

IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #48 on: May 04, 2013, 04:58 PM »

I see that on live-tennis-eu Andy is back at no2 position in live rankings Perhaps this tennis dearth is nearly over and the battle for no2 position starts again. Can't come soon enough for me
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #49 on: May 04, 2013, 06:03 PM »

confused

Probably down to Raonic looking like the love child of Bill Gates and Howard Jones... pretty distracting stuff
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #50 on: May 04, 2013, 06:12 PM »

the bottom line is ...a player who has been consistently in the top 4 for years now....has won a major....and is currently sitting at No2 in the world rankings ....shouldnt be too concerned about any opponent until at least the semis... he should be confident of winning those matches....and so should his fans. Clay or no clay.

Im confident that when RG comes around Andy will be there or thereabouts challenging along with the other top guys to win the tourno.
IP Logged
Moozza

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #51 on: May 04, 2013, 06:34 PM »

Andy will have a good tournament here. Watch out.
IP Logged
Moozza

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #52 on: May 04, 2013, 06:43 PM »

Raonic is not a problem for Andy. He'll beat him every time when it matters.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #53 on: May 04, 2013, 06:55 PM »

Also we should take into account that Andy was quite ill in Tokyo when he last played Milos. If he had been well would have beaten Milos so I think we can forget the H2H could be Andy leading the H2H.

I think Andy was knackered after winning the USO as well to be honest. He did have match points against Raonic, we shouldn't forget that. Personally I think he would have won if he'd been mentally fresh. I don't care though, he beat Raonic when it really mattered, at the USO. He lost to Djokovic in Shanghai last year too after having match points. To my mind the same point applies though. With all due respect to Milos and Novak, Andy got the ones that mattered.

I'm never sure how much you can read into a H2H. Andy's with Raonic could, in another situation, be in his favour. As I said, Andy could have won in Tokyo, he did have match points. Also they have a walkover each, which obviously doesn't count, but as they were on hard you could, maybe, say Andy would have been favourite to come through. Even if you credit Raonic for Tokyo, which you should, he did win, if they'd played the walkovers and Andy had won he'd be 3-2 up against Raonic, rather than 2-1 down. That would put the head to head in a different light. Some of us might still need a cushion to hide behind when they meet, (not me, I'm unflappable these days lol) but it wouldn't be so scary.

I think Andy will be fine in Madrid. I'm really looking forward to seeing him play.

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #54 on: May 04, 2013, 07:25 PM »

Ben Rothenberg‏@BenRothenberg2m
RT @4AllSurfaces: A quirky thing about Madrid that every mens winner has gone on to win that years Wimbledon. Only 2 have won that years RG.

- - - - - - -

Well there goes Andy's chances of ever winning Wimbledon.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #55 on: May 04, 2013, 07:43 PM »

Ben Rothenberg‏@BenRothenberg2m
RT @4AllSurfaces: A quirky thing about Madrid that every mens winner has gone on to win that years Wimbledon. Only 2 have won that years RG.

- - - - - - -

Well there goes Andy's chances of ever winning Wimbledon.

Erm do you mean since it became a clay tournament?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #56 on: May 04, 2013, 07:47 PM »

Erm do you mean since it became a clay tournament?
Well they can't have gone on to win Wimbledon when it was a Hard tournament because it was in October.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #57 on: May 04, 2013, 08:13 PM »

the bottom line is ...a player who has been consistently in the top 4 for years now....has won a major....and is currently sitting at No2 in the world rankings ....shouldnt be too concerned about any opponent until at least the semis... he should be confident of winning those matches....and so should his fans. Clay or no clay.

Im confident that when RG comes around Andy will be there or thereabouts challenging along with the other top guys to win the tourno.

I couldn't agree more.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #58 on: May 04, 2013, 08:38 PM »

Well they can't have gone on to win Wimbledon when it was a Hard tournament because it was in October.

Exactly, so it sounds like it's just one of those quirky things that happen from time to time in tennis, which also means Andy not winning Wimbledon because he didn't win Madrid is a pile of steaming cr*p

And anyway, so what if it was played in October? it could have meant Wimbledon the following year, the statement would still apply but the tweeter didn't mention that.

Now if every winner of the Madrid masters went on to win Wimbledon the following year and then when it moved to May, then i would think higher beings may be at work Smile
[ Last edit by The Gnome May 04, 2013, 08:43 PM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #59 on: May 04, 2013, 09:33 PM »

I wasn't being totally serious about Andy's chances at Wimbledon y'know. ^^
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »