Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Madrid Masters 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Madrid Masters

(Read 6600 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #150 on: May 08, 2013, 11:17 PM »

So little faith in your man. Whistle
Realism. When was the last time he beat a top 10 player on clay? 2009?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #151 on: May 08, 2013, 11:17 PM »

He has more faith in Nole. He was sure Nole was going to come out in 3 sets against Dimitrov today.
Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #152 on: May 09, 2013, 12:23 AM »

Rolling Eyes

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #153 on: May 09, 2013, 02:08 AM »

But saying he WON'T is bit much.  Whistle
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #154 on: May 09, 2013, 02:45 AM »

You're confusing realism with pessimism. Yeah, his chances of getting far here might not be great but there is enough time to dwell over bad results after another loss.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #155 on: May 09, 2013, 02:31 PM »

Realism in sport  Think
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #156 on: May 09, 2013, 03:19 PM »

You're confusing realism with pessimism. Yeah, his chances of getting far here might not be great but there is enough time to dwell over bad results after another loss.

If there is another loss. I'm all for realism, whatever that means in sport, but I think we are too keen to write Andy off. He's not some untried, untested kid, he's one if the top players in the world. When he loses, IF he loses, some can talk about his lack of clay credentials to their hearts content, but until then how about we just watch him play?
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #157 on: May 09, 2013, 03:53 PM »

Hear, hear!
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #158 on: May 09, 2013, 04:33 PM »

If there is another loss. I'm all for realism, whatever that means in sport, but I think we are too keen to write Andy off. He's not some untried, untested kid, he's one if the top players in the world. When he loses, IF he loses, some can talk about his lack of clay credentials to their hearts content, but until then how about we just watch him play?

I'm with you Teejay.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #159 on: May 09, 2013, 05:02 PM »

If everything were to happen based on the past then we would have been living in a very predictable and determined world. I mean there were some very sold predictions by many that Andy was never going to win a Slam and that was based on the so called 'realism' and 'facts' based on the past.

The sun will always rise on the east and that's reality and a fact. Andy will always lose to a top tenner on clay is a false fact, because his past is not based on a clear reality or a solid fact. In fact, it's always subject to change. I hope people understand the difference when they bring 'realism' into it.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #160 on: May 09, 2013, 05:32 PM »

But MH is a good poster, great poster in fact so I obviously don't mean only him but in general.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #161 on: May 09, 2013, 06:19 PM »

But saying he WON'T is bit much.  Whistle
When did I say he won't? I offered my opinion. Your entitled to yours.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #162 on: May 09, 2013, 06:21 PM »

If everything were to happen based on the past then we would have been living in a very predictable and determined world. I mean there were some very sold predictions by many that Andy was never going to win a Slam and that was based on the so called 'realism' and 'facts' based on the past.

The sun will always rise on the east and that's reality and a fact. Andy will always lose to a top tenner on clay is a false fact, because his past is not based on a clear reality or a solid fact. In fact, it's always subject to change. I hope people understand the difference when they bring 'realism' into it.
I'm not arguing that. However I would suggest it is fairly realistic to suggest that, given his relatively poor clay credentials, the chances are not in his favour of beating Simon, Berdych and Wawrinka/Tsonga in succession.

Way I'm looking at this clay season is no expectations, so anything gained is a bonus. I would be over the moon if he makes the final, and it would be all the sweeter with lowered expectations. That's not to say I wouldn't be disappointed or frustrated with a defeat, before anyone brings this up after his next loss.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #163 on: May 09, 2013, 06:28 PM »

^ Yep. Agree on all points.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the Madrid Masters « Reply #164 on: May 09, 2013, 06:44 PM »

Yes  Mad Hatter but as long as Andy keeps trying I'm keeping optimistic I feel sure he'll beat Simon,after that who knows?  One match at a time is the only way
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »