Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Tuesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 57 Reply

Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013

He's also confirmed for Cincinnati and the USO -

Nadal's uncle and coach Toni has insisted that the 12-time Grand Slam champion will ease himself back into his training regime in time for the US Open, which begins on August 26.

"Rafa will come back. He has no fear of the (hard court) surface - he has nothing more to lose," Toni Nadal told SID, an AFP subsidiary, at the ATP tournament in Stuttgart.

"Currently Rafa is doing physical training, but no racquet workouts. The break is important - he has played enough."

http://www.supersport.com/tennis/us-open/news/130711/Nadal_will_bounce_back_for_US_Open_says_coach

Is it me or does that sound a bit like Toni Nadal is trying to convince himself of something? It doesn't sound positive.
IP Logged

Is it me or does that sound a bit like Toni Nadal is trying to convince himself of something? It doesn't sound positive.
I agree with you TJ, and while Toni's comments have been reported verbatim in a number of sources, so far nothing has come from Nadal himself.  I'm always suspicious of Uncle Toni anyway since he does seem to have a rather unhealthy control over what Rafa says and does.  Maybe the poor man can't even go to the loo without his uncle's permission! lol   
IP Logged

gnome I've seen an ad of Andy in the red for USO.  I like him in red - gives him a street fighting man look and he needs to be ready to go out there fighting to defend his title.

Maybe it's a "bloke" thing but I've never given a tuppeny hoot what Andy wears, as long as it's practical and he doesn't spill balls (tennis balls!) out of his pocket, as in Wimbledon 2012!
IP Logged

Maybe it's a "bloke" thing but I've never given a tuppeny hoot what Andy wears, as long as it's practical and he doesn't spill balls (tennis balls!) out of his pocket, as in Wimbledon 2012!
well I don't think Andy cares either mp so fair enough!  I don't care that much tbh but some kits do look better than others and  a bit of variety is nice.
IP Logged

It's not a bloke thing. Andy could go out there in a bin-bag and as long as he wins I'd be happy Smile. Mind you, I still think the Wimbles shorts were a bit nice  Whistle.
IP Logged

It's not a bloke thing. Andy could go out there in a bin-bag and as long as he wins I'd be happy Smile. Mind you, I still think the Wimbles shorts were a bit nice  Whistle.
but knowing you tj I bet you'd prefer a tight bin bag  Whistle
IP Logged

Ruthie, you know me too well Wink.
IP Logged

Oh puleease !
Only kidding girls ! Actually i have a feeling that most of the straight blokes on here fancy Andy a bit too ! Whistle
IP Logged
dex

I see Federer got beat in straight sets in the quarter final 'bet at home Open' Germany.
IP Logged

I see Federer got beat in straight sets in the quarter final 'bet at home Open' Germany.
Thanks for posting that, I was reading about his new racket this morning and wondered if it would bring about a revival!
IP Logged

Agree on both counts teejay
IP Logged

Oh puleease !
Only kidding girls ! Actually i have a feeling that most of the straight blokes on here fancy Andy a bit too ! Whistle
I think that could be down to jealousy, sid. lol
IP Logged

I think that could be down to jealousy, sid. lol

I dunno Aileen, I mean, Andy's a good looking lad, popular, at the top of his career, beautiful girlfriend, supportive family, great mates, loads of dosh.....what is there to be jealous of.....?...er....
IP Logged

IP Logged

just realised how much time I actually spend watching the tennis.  bloody hell.          I have no life.  lol.             Missing the tennis.   sigh.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 57 Reply