Andy Murray vs Santiago Giraldo, Sunday, 4:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 57 Reply

Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013

Andy will be emotionally drained, just like after USO win. He will go deeper in these tournaments than last year, due to no Olympics, but will fall to Nole, who imo will be ready to get revenge.
I couldn't disagree more.  I think Andy will be champing at the bit now.  Bring it on!
IP Logged

Anyone going to this tournament ? Smile
IP Logged

Sadly not.  Frown
IP Logged

If i was ridiculously wealthy i would spend all my time following Andy around the world Smile couldn't think of anything better to spend my money on, not just to see him play live but to visit all of those amazing countries i've always wanted to visit.
IP Logged

If i was ridiculously wealthy i would spend all my time following Andy around the world Smile couldn't think of anything better to spend my money on, not just to see him play live but to visit all of those amazing countries i've always wanted to visit.
If you'd like your Maw to come with you - I'm your woman!  Very Happy
IP Logged

I couldn't disagree more.  I think Andy will be champing at the bit now.  Bring it on!
I think so too Elly.  It wasn't just last year's USO that drained him but the whole thing of winning Olympic Gold on top of his huge and emotional disappointment at losing at Wimbledon.  This year he's had time to recharge his batteries, both physically and mentally, and I believe he's psychologically in a better place now than Djokovic is.
[ Last edit by Aileen July 22, 2013, 07:22 PM ] IP Logged

If you'd like your Maw to come with you - I'm your woman!  Very Happy

I'll give you a call when my lottery numbers come up Smile
IP Logged

I think so too Elly.  It wasn't just last year's USO that drained him but the whole thing of winning Olympic Gold on top of his huge and emotional disappointment at losing at Wimbledon.  This year he's had time to recharge his batteries, both physically and mentally, and I believe he's psychologically in a better place now than Djokovic is.
The other big difference is that he should be a lot fresher this year anyway as he reduced his playing schedule earlier in the year and then had to curtail his clay court season. Add his 5 days in the Bahamas.   I agree with those who think he'll be ready for Montreal.   
IP Logged

I'll give you a call when my lottery numbers come up Smile
Sorted!  Very Happy
IP Logged

The other big difference is that he should be a lot fresher this year anyway as he reduced his playing schedule earlier in the year and then had to curtail his clay court season. Add his 5 days in the Bahamas.   I agree with those who think he'll be ready for Montreal.   
My only concern is that the hard courts get his back going again, given that he needed extra treatment after his QF and SF matches at Wimbledon.  Montreal and Cinci might be OK, but playing 4 and 5 setters could cause problems.
IP Logged

I am not denying that but  Andy will still be Andy.
IP Logged

I am not denying that but  Andy will still be Andy.

Indeed he will, a grand slam champion Smile.
IP Logged

But he won't win Montreal... he will win Cincy.
IP Logged

You say that with such conviction PE.  Are you gazing into a crystal ball? lol
IP Logged

You say that with such conviction PE.  Are you gazing into a crystal ball? lol

He thinks he knows it all Aileen  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 57 Reply