Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Andrey Kuznetsov, Saturday, Estimated time - 5:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 57 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013

(Read 21620 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #180 on: July 23, 2013, 01:28 PM »

I'm sure Andy will be fine, the professional he is. If anything i think it will make him harder to beat now he is a multi-slam winner. I'm gonna predict a Nole style unbeatable streak. Mind you, i predict Andy will win anything he goes in for.

Andy is  not the type of guy  to go on massive unbeaten streak.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #181 on: July 23, 2013, 01:33 PM »

:te author=ProdigyEng link=topic=26393.msg917000#msg917000 date=1374582528]
[/quote] confused nah yuk duh
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #182 on: July 23, 2013, 01:45 PM »

Noserer will be lucky to fluke another mickey mouse tournament, let alone a MS1000.

I'd be surprised if he never won another Masters event. Cincinatti is perfect for his game so that one stands out for me, especially if Andy or Novak lose early (though Federer did beat Novak easily there last year). If not there, then Paris seems a likely option.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #183 on: July 23, 2013, 02:27 PM »

:te author=ProdigyEng link=topic=26393.msg917000#msg917000 date=1374582528]
 confused nah yuk duh
Stop with the nonsense predictions now Andy is a multi slam champ. Sure Andy will be more confident but the fact remains he is still one of the top players most seceptable to early losses  in tournaments other than slams. Andy is not going to change massive amounts and whilst his slam game has improved he will still have brain farts during ms1000 just for the sake of it.

Andy is not the type of player who can go on a massive win streak, lets not kid ourselves here.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #184 on: July 23, 2013, 02:41 PM »

Ah - but did you predict he would win Wimbledon this year?

I did!! I was so confident Andy would that I booked off work semi final afternoon and Monday after final to celebrate  Fingers and tongue.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #185 on: July 23, 2013, 02:52 PM »

Stop with the nonsense predictions now Andy is a multi slam champ. Sure Andy will be more confident but the fact remains he is still one of the top players most seceptable to early losses  in tournaments other than slams. Andy is not going to change massive amounts and whilst his slam game has improved he will still have brain farts during ms1000 just for the sake of it.

Andy is not the type of player who can go on a massive win streak, lets not kid ourselves here.

To be honest i think none of us are in any position to predict anything from now on, as much as you think people are wrong to predict he will go on a Novak style winning streak, it is also wrong to predict that he won't, we are in unknown territory right now, all bets are off, we have never seen Multislamray before so it will be interesting to see what happens.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #186 on: July 23, 2013, 03:13 PM »

I'm with you gnome.   We can speculate but it's foolish to predict.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #187 on: July 23, 2013, 03:28 PM »

Hold on though Prodigy, this is just your opinion. Does it not occur to you that Andy might have had 'brain farts' because of the pressure he was under before? Andy has admitted that his focus for the last few years has been solely the slams. That isn't the case now, and Andy's results show it.

While we're talking of unexpected or early losses, where has Andy had one of those this year? Was losing to Delpo unexpected at Indian Wells? If it was then Djokovic had an unexpected loss as well.

I don't think any of Andy's losses on the clay were that unexpected, given that clay is not his best surface and he has a back injury that is definitely aggravated on clay. It was just a shame Andy met Stan Wawrinka that early in MC, because Andy was looking good.

At the end of the day Andy got to the quarters in Indian Wells for the first time in two years, he won Miami (and Brisbane at the start of the year) and he also got to the quarters in Madrid on the clay. All that is before the part of the year where Andy has traditionally played his best and also before you take the slams into consideration. Andy has played two of the slams this year so far, reaching the final in one and winning the other. It's not bad. Then of course he did the Queen's/Wimbledon double, which some of us predicted.

I'm glad you think Andy's slam game has improved though. Indeed, he's won two within the last year.

The fact is that none of us really know how Andy will go from now on, but to my mind the omens look pretty good. I think there is plenty of reason to believe that Andy will recover well from winning Wimbledon and will go on to play much more relaxed tennis in the future, because there will be less pressure, fewer questions hanging over him.

Andy has won Toronto/Montreal before, and Cincinnatti too. I could definitely see him winning one of them.

Andy will justifiably be favourite for the USO this year, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he wins it again. I don't think being favourite and defending champion will phase him.

Moving on to Asia, Andy practically owns Shanghai. Djokovic can just give it back.

I couldn't care less about Paris, would much prefer to see Andy win the WTF, and I reckon he just might. As long as Fed's fans remember it's in London, not Basel-On-Thames, (couldn't the lot of them have their passports confiscated or something?) Andy should do all right.

IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #188 on: July 23, 2013, 04:05 PM »

First off so glad Kate & William didn't have their baby when Andy won Wimbledon, Nice of them to wait and let Andy have his glory.  But congrats to the couple on the newborn!!

Secondly, I believe they should name the baby Andrew Spencer, a right fitting name...haha but don't think they read murraysworld.

Like Teejay says, the pressure is off, he has two slams.  He will of course want to win the US Open and he will have confidence that maybe he did not have before.

I think Andy will do well in the masters, he will focus on the slams, but he will like winning and so he will try his best in the other tournaments.  He won't win them all, but I think he will try.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #189 on: July 23, 2013, 06:42 PM »

Maybe Andy will get some Wimby Champ cake this time round ? Very Happy
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #190 on: July 23, 2013, 07:31 PM »

confused nah yuk duh
ProdigyEng spends too much time on MTF.  It's all sparring, insulting player names, and bold, cynical statements, so he's lost the ability to engage in more nuanced debate without confusing the more sensible fans.

Of course it would be remarkable for Andy to go on a huge winning streak, but he's just off a huge winning streak on grass, which is just as remarkable.  Of course, it's a different surface, so it's not a prediction, just stating what should be the obvious, that remarkable things sometimes happen.

There seems to be a theory that it's too tough to do well in both North American Masters, then the US Open on the trot, but I'm not sure if there is any evidence to back that up.  It's just that all three are highly competitive, so the odds of doing well in all three are naturally long.

I think it's Cinci that Nole is missing from his Masters trophy cabinet, so I can see him targeting that in preference to Canada.  Although the fact he's had more success in Canada might be a sign that it just suits him better.

Andy has two of each, with one in each Canadian venue, so I don't think there is a strong pull for him to target one over the other, unless there is a scheduling benefit.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #191 on: July 23, 2013, 07:38 PM »

ProdigyEng spends too much time on MTF.  It's all sparring, insulting player names, and bold, cynical statements, so he's lost the ability to engage in more nuanced debate without confusing the more sensible fans.

Of course it would be remarkable for Andy to go on a huge winning streak, but he's just off a huge winning streak on grass, which is just as remarkable.  Of course, it's a different surface, so it's not a prediction, just stating what should be the obvious, that remarkable things sometimes happen.

There seems to be a theory that it's too tough to do well in both North American Masters, then the US Open on the trot, but I'm not sure if there is any evidence to back that up.  It's just that all three are highly competitive, so the odds of doing well in all three are naturally long.

I think it's Cinci that Nole is missing from his Masters trophy cabinet, so I can see him targeting that in preference to Canada.  Although the fact he's had more success in Canada might be a sign that it just suits him better.

Andy has two of each, with one in each Canadian venue, so I don't think there is a strong pull for him to target one over the other, unless there is a scheduling benefit.

That's out of order, do you think he can go on a 20+ win streak? Do you really believe that? Prodigy just isn't a fantasist like most on here and he actually takes into account the actual tennis and is not clouded by dreams like most. He's just being honest. I for one agree with him, Andy will probably win Montreal, the US Open, Bangkok and maybe the World Tour finals for the rest of the year.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #192 on: July 23, 2013, 07:39 PM »

ProdigyEng spends too much time on MTF.  It's all sparring, insulting player names, and bold, cynical statements, so he's lost the ability to engage in more nuanced debate without confusing the more sensible fans.

Of course it would be remarkable for Andy to go on a huge winning streak, but he's just off a huge winning streak on grass, which is just as remarkable.  Of course, it's a different surface, so it's not a prediction, just stating what should be the obvious, that remarkable things sometimes happen.

There seems to be a theory that it's too tough to do well in both North American Masters, then the US Open on the trot, but I'm not sure if there is any evidence to back that up.  It's just that all three are highly competitive, so the odds of doing well in all three are naturally long.

I think it's Cinci that Nole is missing from his Masters trophy cabinet, so I can see him targeting that in preference to Canada.  Although the fact he's had more success in Canada might be a sign that it just suits him better.

What has MTF got to do with any of this?
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #193 on: July 23, 2013, 09:41 PM »

I'm with ProdigyEng here.  It's called the Murraycoaster for a reason.  And it's a huge reason as to why I'm a fan of tennis again.  Andy is a verifiable tennis genius and the most exciting player on the tour.  Because he's unpredictable, sometimes he melts down and sometimes, his shots don't work.  This is why even his early matches are usually dramatic.

Genius - yes.  Consistent - no.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #194 on: July 23, 2013, 09:43 PM »

I don't want him to either.  Look where it got Djoko.  He was such a physical wreck by the end of the USO in 2011 it all but ended his season and his showing at the WTF was poor.

I'm with ProdigyEng here.  It's called the Murraycoaster for a reason.  And it's a huge reason as to why I'm a fan of tennis again.  Andy is a verifiable tennis genius and the most exciting player on the tour.  Because he's unpredictable, sometimes he melts down and sometimes, his shots don't work.  This is why even his early matches are usually dramatic.

Genius - yes.  Consistent - no.
I agree circe.  I always thought that being a Fed fan, when he was at his peak, must have been the most boring thing on this planet.  Also people can relate to Andy's failures and successes.  He's a human being, not a robot.
[ Last edit by Aileen July 23, 2013, 09:50 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 57 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »