Andy Murray vs Robin Haase, Thursday, Time - 1:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 57 Reply

Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013

Stop chatting shite Angie.

No!!  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged

You tell em! I like your predictions... why not! He's da man!
IP Logged

Anyone know if Fed is playing Montreal or not.  He said he might pull out if his back wasn't right, but I bet they give him until the very last minute to make up his mind.
IP Logged

Anyone know if Fed is playing Montreal or not.  He said he might pull out if his back wasn't right, but I bet they give him until the very last minute to make up his mind.

IIRC any player, no matter who, has up until the draw to make their mind up, and given Fed is allowed to skip 3 or 3 Masters without punishment, it would not surprise me.
IP Logged

Well there is no metion of him arriving on the official website, whereas it states Andy, Rafa and Novak were all seen practising today, so there is only that to go on at the moment.
IP Logged

IIRC any player, no matter who, has up until the draw to make their mind up, and given Fed is allowed to skip 3 or 3 Masters without punishment, it would not surprise me.
I thought he was only allowed to skip one?

Meanwhile Monfils has withdrawn due to an ankle injury picked up in practice, and Mardy Fish has also withdrawn citing 'personal reasons'.
[ Last edit by Aileen August 02, 2013, 01:53 AM ] IP Logged

I'm not sure of the precise rules, but it seems you are allowed to skip a masters for having played over a certain number of ATP matches, one for having played a certain number of years on the tour, and another for being over 30.  I have a feeling that if you meet all three criteria you can miss as many as you like, but I'm not sure on that one. 

Essentially, Fed doesn't need to pretend to be injured, but it's not hard for any of them to use that excuse.
IP Logged

I thought he was only allowed to skip one?

Meanwhile Monfils has withdrawn due to an ankle injury picked up in practice, and Mardy Fish has also withdrawn citing 'personal reasons'.

That's a shame. It's been a long road back for Mardy after his heart problems. He's played the last 2 weeks in the US so perhaps he didn't want to overdo it by playing Montreal (and perhaps didn't want to do the travel either).
IP Logged

when is the draw ?
IP Logged

9PM I think.

In other news Federer has withdrawn from the tournament, obviously realizing he's not good enough at the moment to compete.
IP Logged

Monsieur Federer will not be attending. Official.

Coupe Rogers  ‏@CoupeRogers  6m  
Roger #Federer déclare forfait pour la #CoupeRogers / Roger Federer has withdrawn from the Rogers Cup. Get well soon @rogerfederer!

IP Logged

Cya Swiss Diva.
IP Logged
Caz

No surprise there then! He's probably concentrating on getting ready for the next slam!  w00t
IP Logged

lord I hope this tournament doesn't turn out to be a flop like the last two years   nervous
IP Logged

No surprise there then! He's probably concentrating on getting ready for the next slam!  w00t

Maybe getting into training for Rio 2016.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 57 Reply