Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 57 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013

(Read 21025 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #270 on: August 02, 2013, 04:30 PM »

Maybe getting into training for Rio 2016.
Well, he does need to complete his collection! I expect he's reserved a space to hang it already!  Whistle
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #271 on: August 02, 2013, 04:33 PM »

Federer gonna be ranked 7th at the US Open I predict :D

Soon to be ranked 7th in the race to London as well. I think over-all a rank of 7th is about right for Fed now.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #272 on: August 02, 2013, 04:50 PM »

oh I'd so love it, if he didn't make London - all those fed fans would be left high and dry, trying to sell off their tickets
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #273 on: August 02, 2013, 04:53 PM »

I don't see Federer finishing outside the top 8, he might well finish 8th cause Tsonga could very well overtake him. But one of the lower ranked players would have to suddenly shoot up in form I think for Federer to drop out the top 8 altogether. Maybe Gasquet or Wawrinka might be able to manage it.
[ Last edit by laundry August 02, 2013, 05:01 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #274 on: August 02, 2013, 04:55 PM »

we can live in hope laundry though I know it's unlikely.  Anyway better to focus on the positive - all being well Andy should qualify in next couple of weeks I think?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #275 on: August 02, 2013, 05:07 PM »

we can live in hope laundry though I know it's unlikely.  Anyway better to focus on the positive - all being well Andy should qualify in next couple of weeks I think?

Next week if he wins he will qualify for sure.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #276 on: August 02, 2013, 05:10 PM »

He qualifies automatically if he wins this tournament. In reality he's almost certain to have qualified already.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #277 on: August 02, 2013, 05:17 PM »

Andy just posted on Facebook that hes hitting with gasquet today and that Ivan has just landed to keep an eye on things!

Not worth posting the pic as its a bit blurry.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #278 on: August 02, 2013, 06:52 PM »

oh I'd so love it, if he didn't make London - all those fed fans would be left high and dry, trying to sell off their tickets
I'm happy for him to make it, and it would be weird without him, but I love the idea of his obnoxious fans sweating over it. Whistle

It was beginning to feel inevitable that Roger wouldn't make it to the Rogers Cup, despite the name and his image being used for promo.  I bet they feel silly now, especially as he didn't bother to turn up last year either! doh
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #279 on: August 02, 2013, 07:08 PM »

Andy just posted on Facebook that hes hitting with gasquet today and that Ivan has just landed to keep an eye on things!

Not worth posting the pic as its a bit blurry.
oh interesting that Ivan is keeping tabs on Andy already in run up to USO
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #280 on: August 02, 2013, 07:46 PM »

To be honest I hope he is there. much as he is a bit up himself, he is one of the all time greats. I have tickets for three sessions between Fri Night and Sat in the round robins and wd love to see Andy, Djokovic, Nadal and Federer (and for that to happen 2 of them wd need to be playing each other  Little tongue man I'd expect Tsonga, Ferrer , Del Potro and Berdych to be there also - so hope one of them (Andy etc) playing Tsonga. This is baed on fact I saw Berdych (twice!), Ferrer and Del Potro at Wimbledon so not so fussed re them. Be nice to have the whole set!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #281 on: August 02, 2013, 08:40 PM »

To be honest I hope he is there. much as he is a bit up himself, he is one of the all time greats. I have tickets for three sessions between Fri Night and Sat in the round robins and wd love to see Andy, Djokovic, Nadal and Federer (and for that to happen 2 of them wd need to be playing each other  Little tongue man I'd expect Tsonga, Ferrer , Del Potro and Berdych to be there also - so hope one of them (Andy etc) playing Tsonga. This is baed on fact I saw Berdych (twice!), Ferrer and Del Potro at Wimbledon so not so fussed re them. Be nice to have the whole set!

Yeah I hope he's there also just so I can say I've seen him because he may not be there the following year! My brother is also keen to see him.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #282 on: August 02, 2013, 08:50 PM »

I'm happy for him to make it, and it would be weird without him, but I love the idea of his obnoxious fans sweating over it. Whistle

It was beginning to feel inevitable that Roger wouldn't make it to the Rogers Cup, despite the name and his image being used for promo.  I bet they feel silly now, especially as he didn't bother to turn up last year either! doh
"04.08.2012
Dear fans

I am very disappointed that I have to withdraw from Toronto as I love the city and the Canadian fans are amazing. I have always enjoyed playing there but after a long stretch of tournaments, I will need some time to recover. I look forward to coming back to Canada next year.

Yours,
Roger"

I really wish players wouldn't say things like that.  Look what happened to Andy re Basel!

oh interesting that Ivan is keeping tabs on Andy already in run up to USO
My confidence is growing by the minute.  I love it when Lendl is around.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #283 on: August 02, 2013, 09:22 PM »

Djokovic and Nadal in the same half! Good draw for Andy Smile
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #284 on: August 02, 2013, 09:24 PM »

Murray-Ferrer SF
IP Logged