Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 57 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013

(Read 24113 times)
Connor
John McEnroe

Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « on: July 09, 2013, 03:50 PM »

Andy's next tournament will be the Rogers Cup in Montreal, which starts on August 5th 2013. He is assured to be the No. 2 seed and if he plays as inspired tennis as he did in the Wimbledon final, he could win this title.

IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 03:59 PM »

I can't even think about this right now, after the last 2 weeks i am staying away from tennis for a bit to get my mojo back Smile
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 04:01 PM »

This Wimbledon felt like years omg.    It was that long.      ~~~ I need a break.  Heh.    Ugh the rogers cup has been a bit of a flop the last 2 years.   The North American HC season is my least fav part of the season.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 04:07 PM »

For goodness sake Gangsta!  That's four weeks away. Rolling Eyes  I expect a lot of us are like The Gnome and just want things to settle for a while - then we can start thinking about tennis again.  Meanwhile let's just savour the moment.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 04:09 PM »

For goodness sake Gangsta!  That's four weeks away. Rolling Eyes  I expect a lot of us are like The Gnome and just want things to settle for a while - then we can start thinking about tennis again.  Meanwhile let's just savour the moment.
I'm savouring it. I'm savouring it  tango woohoo woohoo

But....................can't wait for Montreal - Andy has a good record there
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 04:20 PM »

^ At least Andy will be turning up fresh this year, not knackered like he was in Toronto after the Olympic final.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 04:22 PM »

He played flawless against Cipolla last year, then dropped that bombshell.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 04:28 PM »

27 days away kid, this is too ******* premature.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 04:28 PM »

^  At least he got some cake  Very Happy 
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 04:30 PM »

27 days away kid, this is too ******* premature.

No. We must peer into the future.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 04:45 PM »

He played flawless against Cipolla last year, then dropped that bombshell.
Andy picked up a knee injury during that match due to the sudden change in surface.

At least he got some cake  Very Happy 
I loved the way he tucked into that - like a little kid. lol   

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 04:52 PM »

Andy picked up a knee injury during that match due to the sudden change in surface.

And he was almost asleep on his feet too. He was quoted somewhere recently as saying he's realised now that he shouldn't have gone to Toronto, he should have rested and done better at Cinci.Oh well, you live and learn.

Wonder if Tsonga will avoid the fire hydrants this year Whistle.

I just hope Andy gets some proper rest before he goes back to training. If he goes to Montreal all fresh and raring to go again it could be a lot of fun.

I love the North American swing, Toronto/Montreal is one of my favourites of the Masters. Although, Shanghai on the Asian swing is fun too.

Jumping far ahead, if Andy was to win Cinci how much do you think I'd have to pay him to drop the manky vase? I hate that trophy!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 05:30 PM »

And he was almost asleep on his feet too. He was quoted somewhere recently as saying he's realised now that he shouldn't have gone to Toronto, he should have rested and done better at Cinci.Oh well, you live and learn.

I just hope Andy gets some proper rest before he goes back to training. If he goes to Montreal all fresh and raring to go again it could be a lot of fun.

I love the North American swing, Toronto/Montreal is one of my favourites of the Masters. Although, Shanghai on the Asian swing is fun too.

Jumping far ahead, if Andy was to win Cinci how much do you think I'd have to pay him to drop the manky vase? I hate that trophy!
That Tsonga mishap was very strange.  Still can't believe he didn't see it given how big it was, unless he was momentarily distracted by something and not looking where he was going.

I think Andy said at the time that he went to Toronto because he loves playing there and he must have been so high after the Olympics he wasn't thinking straight.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing.  I hope too that he gives himself a decent break before going off to Miami to train, like I think he usually does.  Apart from anything else he needs to watch that back of his.

That Cinci trophy must be the most hideous one ever.  It wouldn't surprise me if his copy of it has  been discretely placed in a dim corner of his trophy room.  Maybe though he uses it as target practice for doing body shots to opponent!

[ Last edit by Aileen July 09, 2013, 05:34 PM ] IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 05:33 PM »

I hope too that he gives himself a decent break before going off to Miami to train, like I think he usually does.  Apart from anything else he needs to watch that back of his.

Aileen,I'm sure I read somewhere that he and Kim are planning a holiday to get him some rest-and to escape the media madness!Of course,it might not be true,but it wouldn't surprise me if it was-I certainly hope they do it.Andy has MORE than earned himself a holiday!

lmao I do like Jo a lot,but I found that hilarious.I still don't understand how it was even possible!

Well,Teejay,I'm sure you wouldn't have to work too hard at it...and after managing to drop the lid of the Wimbleon trophy nobody could say he was discriminating against the Cinci eyesore... Whistle
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 05:36 PM »

Didn't Andy once get a hand injury when he strained a tendon playing his PlayStation?
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 57 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »