Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 57 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013

(Read 20975 times)
Rachie
Seed

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 10:00 PM »

lol Gangsta, let the dust settle a bit lad! Andy's certainly not thinking about it. He'll probably have a good couple of weeks away from tennis if he can help it!

Knowing Andy though he probably misses training!!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 10:11 PM »

Dani, Andy said himself in one of the interviews I watched yest  he's planning a holiday first with Kim before anything else. he also said he's looking forward to coming back up to dunblane at some point  yay hope I don't need to wait too long  w00t
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 10:20 PM »

Dani, Andy said himself in one of the interviews I watched yest  he's planning a holiday first with Kim before anything else. he also said he's looking forward to coming back up to dunblane at some point  yay hope I don't need to wait too long  w00t

Thans Ange!Can I ask which interview it was?I didn't see it,whichever it was!Though if you can't remember don't worry about it Smile

Ahh,you'll have to take TONS of pictures!!And tell us EVERY detail! Very Happy
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 10:20 PM »

Andy's next tournament will be the Rogers Cup in Montreal, which starts on August 5th 2013. He is assured to be the No. 2 seed and if he plays as inspired tennis as he did in the Wimbledon final, he could win this title.

No rest for the wicked, is there Gangsta? Neither Andy nor us MW members...
I need to apply myself to something other than tennis for a week or two. The house and garden are in a helluva state due to all this telly-viewing.

Cheers for starting the thread, nevertheless !
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013, 10:23 PM »

Thans Ange!Can I ask which interview it was?I didn't see it,whichever it was!Though if you can't remember don't worry about it Smile

Ahh,you'll have to take TONS of pictures!!And tell us EVERY detail! Very Happy

Ooh now your asking Dani  Think I watched so many yesterday, I think it was either daybreak or the BBC breakfast one...I know it was one of the first I watched so it must have been early morning x
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #20 on: July 09, 2013, 10:51 PM »

Ooh now your asking Dani  Think I watched so many yesterday, I think it was either daybreak or the BBC breakfast one...I know it was one of the first I watched so it must have been early morning x

Ok,thanks Ange!x
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #21 on: July 09, 2013, 11:11 PM »

OMG  He's   coming to Dunblane again  ??!?       Very Happy      maybe top bus  ?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #22 on: July 09, 2013, 11:18 PM »

Praying to god his homecoming is sometime in August and is the week/weekend I go to Edinburgh.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #23 on: July 10, 2013, 12:45 AM »

Didn't Andy once get a hand injury when he strained a tendon playing his PlayStation?
I think that incident was a couple of years ago.  Andy did give his hand a little tweak then temporarily scared his fans by beefing the 'injury' up before admitting it wasn't true.  Funny, not!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #24 on: July 10, 2013, 07:14 AM »

Praying to god his homecoming is sometime in August and is the week/weekend I go to Edinburgh.

Got excited then, cos going to The Fringe, but then realised he'll probably be in the States
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #25 on: July 10, 2013, 08:11 AM »

Won't be in august mate....very doubtful if he heads to Montreal end of July.
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #26 on: July 11, 2013, 01:08 PM »

And he was almost asleep on his feet too. He was quoted somewhere recently as saying he's realised now that he shouldn't have gone to Toronto, he should have rested and done better at Cinci.Oh well, you live and learn

Isn't this a Masters event and so meant to be compulsory (accepting of course that an 'injury' can often be discovered if required)?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #27 on: July 11, 2013, 01:20 PM »

Isn't this a Masters event and so meant to be compulsory (accepting of course that an 'injury' can often be discovered if required)?

Indeed. I wondered at the time if Andy was just wary of citing an injury, given how people like VW reacted over what happened at the French last year.

At the end of the day Andy was right to withdraw from Toronto when he did. I still feel he was tired at Cinci, with all due respect to Jeremy Chardy. Maybe, just maybe, in another situation in that match, Andy would have dug deep and come back, but I still feel it wasn't worth it with the USO right around the corner.

Andy was up for the fight at the USO and the rest is history.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #28 on: July 11, 2013, 02:26 PM »

There isn't the olympics to worry about this year so the hardcourt series before the USO is where Andy can pick up a lot of points
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #29 on: July 11, 2013, 05:03 PM »

There isn't the olympics to worry about this year so the hardcourt series before the USO is where Andy can pick up a lot of points

I always enjoy Toronto/Montreal and Cinci. Andy's played some great tennis in both Masters.

The only thing I hate is that rotten vase, but I'd grin and bear it if Andy won.

What is everyone thinking? Andy to win one, or both, or what? I'd love him to win Montreal, because after Wimbledon that would make a splash. It would tell people, if they need telling, that he isn't done yet, not by a long way, and is still highly motivated.

Do you think he could win both and still win the USO?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 57 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »