Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 57 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013

(Read 24039 times)
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #30 on: July 11, 2013, 05:32 PM »

I always enjoy Toronto/Montreal and Cinci. Andy's played some great tennis in both Masters.

The only thing I hate is that rotten vase, but I'd grin and bear it if Andy won.

What is everyone thinking? Andy to win one, or both, or what? I'd love him to win Montreal, because after Wimbledon that would make a splash. It would tell people, if they need telling, that he isn't done yet, not by a long way, and is still highly motivated.

Do you think he could win both and still win the USO?

No one has ever done the double before, never mind a triple. It would be good if he can win all three, but its highly unlikely.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #31 on: July 11, 2013, 05:34 PM »

I always enjoy Toronto/Montreal and Cinci. Andy's played some great tennis in both Masters.

The only thing I hate is that rotten vase, but I'd grin and bear it if Andy won.

What is everyone thinking? Andy to win one, or both, or what? I'd love him to win Montreal, because after Wimbledon that would make a splash. It would tell people, if they need telling, that he isn't done yet, not by a long way, and is still highly motivated.

Do you think he could win both and still win the USO?

I think there's a financial incentive in place to do so if i remember correctly, pretty sure i read somewhere that the player who gets the most points in the American swing gets a bonus.

I think Andy will do well in Toronto, not sure about Cinci though as they are pretty much back to back, if he does well in Canada then he might step off the gas a bit for Cincy but stranger things have happened, i'll have to look up if any player has won the clean sweep before.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #32 on: July 11, 2013, 05:36 PM »

I think there's a financial incentive in place to do so if i remember correctly, pretty sure i read somewhere that the player who gets the most points in the American swing gets a bonus.

I think Andy will do well in Toronto, not sure about Cinci though as they are pretty much back to back, if he does well in Canada then he might step off the gas a bit for Cincy but stranger things have happened, i'll have to look up if any player has won the clean sweep before.

Yes, you are right. If are the leader of points won during the tournaments before the US Open, then you get an extra 50,000 dollars added to your US Open prize money. But you must win the US Open to earn that money if you are the leader.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #33 on: July 11, 2013, 06:02 PM »

No one has ever done the double before, never mind a triple. It would be good if he can win all three, but its highly unlikely.

That's interesting to know, thanks.

If Andy was to win one of the Masters before the USO I'd rather it be in Canada. He could then catch his breath a bit before attempting to defend the USO - I'm getting one of my feelings again Smile.

I just wondered what you all thought, could he win Montreal and Cinci and still have enough in the tank for the USO, etc. Mind you, if he could manage it, he's done a double this year (Queen's and Wimbles - my heart literally does a little skip every time I think that!) so the triple would be quite nice. No pressure though Smile.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #34 on: July 11, 2013, 06:35 PM »

No-one will win both Montreal and Cincy as they're back-to-back tournies in very hot temperatures.  Andy winning one of these would be awesome - but not even he will know how his focus and intensity will be after Wimby and a month off competition, never mind us.

Something random will probably happen in Cincy - like Smugfed winning   sorry
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #35 on: July 11, 2013, 06:37 PM »

That's interesting to know, thanks.

If Andy was to win one of the Masters before the USO I'd rather it be in Canada. He could then catch his breath a bit before attempting to defend the USO - I'm getting one of my feelings again Smile.

I just wondered what you all thought, could he win Montreal and Cinci and still have enough in the tank for the USO, etc. Mind you, if he could manage it, he's done a double this year (Queen's and Wimbles - my heart literally does a little skip every time I think that!) so the triple would be quite nice. No pressure though Smile.

He will definitively reach the final of both if he plays well. He is by far the better player this year in big events, while it may rub off badly on Nole, Rafa, Ferrer and Roger. That alone will give him so many more points than last year.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #36 on: July 11, 2013, 06:42 PM »

No-one will win both Montreal and Cincy as they're back-to-back tournies in very hot temperatures.  Andy winning one of these would be awesome - but not even he will know how his focus and intensity will be after Wimby and a month off competition, never mind us.

Something random will probably happen in Cincy - like Smugfed winning   sorry

He did win it last year, didn't he? Didn't Djokovic win Toronto - in my head he played Gasquet in the final, and then didn't Fed beat Stan Wawrinka in Cinci, or am I having a funny again?
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #37 on: July 11, 2013, 06:50 PM »

Yeah - think that's right Teejay altho I think Stan might just have reached the Semis.  Smugfed beat Djoker in the Final of Cincy (I think) - having played the full number of Olympic matches (winning nothing) then won in Toronto Djoker must have been well spent by the time of the Cincy final - how else could the Smug One have won!
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #38 on: July 11, 2013, 06:50 PM »

He did win it last year, didn't he? Didn't Djokovic win Toronto - in my head he played Gasquet in the final, and then didn't Fed beat Stan Wawrinka in Cinci, or am I having a funny again?

Nole beat Gasquet in Toronto, then Rog beat Nole 6-0 7-6 in Cincy.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #39 on: July 11, 2013, 06:55 PM »

Nole beat Gasquet in Toronto, then Rog beat Nole 6-0 7-6 in Cincy.

That's the one! I remember Djokovic playing Gasquet in Toronto. I saw the semi in Cinci, got annoyed with Stan and then heard about the final without seeing it, hence the confusion.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #40 on: July 11, 2013, 06:56 PM »

That Cincy final was laughable, how Nole even got a few SP's in that second set TB is beyond me, he was awful.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #41 on: July 11, 2013, 11:58 PM »

I just want a Murray vs Rafa match, i don't care where it is i just want one, been looking for it to happen since Rafa came back, was hoping it might have been at Wimbledon but he decided to go home early, would be just as interesting on a hardcourt though.
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #42 on: July 12, 2013, 01:07 PM »

Exactly what i wanted to see at Wimbledon. I can't even remember the last time they played. Andy is a different beast now so hopefully they will play each other soon .
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #43 on: July 12, 2013, 01:52 PM »

Exactly what i wanted to see at Wimbledon. I can't even remember the last time they played. Andy is a different beast now so hopefully they will play each other soon .

Japan in 2011. Andy won in three sets. 2-6 6-2 6-0.

I've got the match on DVD. It's great. Andy had a dodgy start, but raced back in style.
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #44 on: July 12, 2013, 02:11 PM »

Japan in 2011. Andy won in three sets. 2-6 6-2 6-0.

I've got the match on DVD. It's great. Andy had a dodgy start, but raced back in style.

Yeah. Remember that now. That was when Andy won Shanghai straight after that & the doubles with Jamie.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 57 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »