Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 57 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013

(Read 22515 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #60 on: July 15, 2013, 02:24 AM »

^ Yes,  but after the Olympics he got a lot of attention and  he said in the docu that once the media realise how "boring" his and Kim's lives are, walking the dogs, going to the dentist etc., they soon leave them alone thumb up Andy is such a private person, doesn't give them much fodder.
I suspect its at its peak now but the moment some other sensation turns up, the press will be off.
The arrival of the royal baby will focus everyone's attention elsewhere anyway.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #61 on: July 15, 2013, 11:09 AM »

Not forgetting the 'Ashes' which has got many of the English over excited, not so sure about the other 3 nations in GB though!
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #62 on: July 15, 2013, 05:38 PM »

Not forgetting the 'Ashes' which has got many of the English over excited, not so sure about the other 3 nations in GB though!

I know. I seen one sportswriter say that Andy's win is up there in British sport's greatest triumph's:

England winning the world cup 1966

Red rum winning the national

England winning the ashes sometime in the 80's ?????????????

Boy have i got something to ram down people's throats for the rest of my life!!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #63 on: July 16, 2013, 02:29 AM »

Cricket is a fast-growing sport in Scotland and I expect there won't be a shortage of cricket-lovers who will also be excited about The Ashes, given their huge sporting importance.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #64 on: July 16, 2013, 03:59 AM »

Media will continue to fawn over Andy now he has won Wimbledon.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #65 on: July 16, 2013, 03:53 PM »

I agree that they will continue to fawn, but also think that they'll calm down a bit soon. 

The current danger is that with the recent hoo-ha, Kim has become more famous, and the "celebrity" magazines and tabloids with no interest in tennis, know who she is, that they'll treat her as a legitimate subject for one of their many "pretty girl wearing a frock" articles they use to fill column inches when there is nothing to report or they can't be bothered doing real writing.

They will soon be distracted by the royal baby, and some of the attention now may be down to Kate inconsiderately keeping a low profile for a few weeks, so I think things will reach a more sensible balance soon.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #66 on: July 16, 2013, 07:09 PM »

Cricket is a fast-growing sport in Scotland and I expect there won't be a shortage of cricket-lovers who will also be excited about The Ashes, given their huge sporting importance.

Don't overlook that the Open begins at Muirfield on Thursday and attention will probably divert to Justin Rose.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #67 on: July 17, 2013, 03:40 AM »

I agree that they will continue to fawn, but also think that they'll calm down a bit soon. 

The current danger is that with the recent hoo-ha, Kim has become more famous, and the "celebrity" magazines and tabloids with no interest in tennis, know who she is, that they'll treat her as a legitimate subject for one of their many "pretty girl wearing a frock" articles they use to fill column inches when there is nothing to report or they can't be bothered doing real writing.

They will soon be distracted by the royal baby, and some of the attention now may be down to Kate inconsiderately keeping a low profile for a few weeks, so I think things will reach a more sensible balance soon.
I notice that some 'society' mags like Hello are already making a big thing out of Kim, which is a shame.

I hope the royal baby arrives soon, and I'm sure Kate does too.  I read two days ago that some media astrologer predicted it would be 17 July, which is today, so let's see if their crystal ball is working!
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #68 on: July 17, 2013, 07:49 AM »

I know. I seen one sportswriter say that Andy's win is up there in British sport's greatest triumph's:

England winning the world cup 1966

Red rum winning the national

England winning the ashes sometime in the 80's ?????????????

Boy have i got something to ram down people's throats for the rest of my life!!!

Here is the article. Its by Jeff Powell in the Daily Mail;
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2358502/Andy-Murrays-Wimbledon-win-ranks-Seb-Coe-66-World-Cup.html

Andy is 3rd. How can a horse winning the Grand National (even 3 times in a row) be in the top 10 great British sporting achievements? And the World Cups only happen every 4 years and in the case of rugby its only about 10 countries that take the sport seriously so I think these wins are overrated.
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #69 on: July 17, 2013, 09:46 AM »

See the comments bit got invaded by irate Celtic fans!! Aye ''the peoples sport'' eh!!!

Here is my top 5 British sporting triumphs

1. 3 guesses
2. Aberdeen winning European cup winners cup v Real Madrid 1983
3. Andy's Olympics
4. Andy's U.S open
5. Me winning Crieff high school sports 1983
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #70 on: July 17, 2013, 10:09 AM »

Here is the article. Its by Jeff Powell in the Daily Mail;
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2358502/Andy-Murrays-Wimbledon-win-ranks-Seb-Coe-66-World-Cup.html

Andy is 3rd. How can a horse winning the Grand National (even 3 times in a row) be in the top 10 great British sporting achievements? And the World Cups only happen every 4 years and in the case of rugby its only about 10 countries that take the sport seriously so I think these wins are overrated.

I've only skimmed the article, but he talks about "my most cherished personal memories" and "So I confine my top 10 greatest British sporting achievements to my personal experiences, in all their drama". Just like Hugo's list really - I like your no 5, congratulations!

My top 10 Sporting Triumphs- a subject for another thread perhaps (for those of you who watch other sports)!

IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #71 on: July 17, 2013, 10:16 AM »

I have just noticed on the Montreal website that Federer is ranked 3 which probably means he will be 3rd seed.  I then looked at the Cincy website and that is the same unless they change it before the tournament seedings come out.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #72 on: July 17, 2013, 10:28 AM »

The thing is,though,most of those pictures are usually taken at society events and such like aren't they?Whereas apart from Andy's matches,Kim's life really doesn't give them that much opportunity to take those pictures-as she and Andy commented in the documentary,their lives are too "boring" for that!So I think she'll probably be alright.The fuss will die down-especially once William and Kate's baby is born!
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #73 on: July 17, 2013, 10:32 AM »

Just what I was thinking Aileen. Andy will be off the hook for a while.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #74 on: July 17, 2013, 11:14 AM »

I think a number of things, firstly realistically in one sense I feel like rather like I felt after the Olympics/US Open I don't really care what he does for now until the end of the year.

Equally however I would hate to see Mr M go down the Bradley Wiggins route. BW has done nothing since the Olympics. So I also want to see Mr M get back into harness, and hopefully see him really taking off now. I think it's his time to have his Djokovic Davies Cup moment, ie go on the rampage.

I know wise people on here were predicting a period of flatness after the USO victory. Wining Wimbledon was such a biggie. I hope he isn't going to get side tracked. Hopefully he will now be set on reaching No 1 and beating Fred P's total number of Grand Slam's.

What do folks think?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 57 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »