Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 57 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013

(Read 22991 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #210 on: July 24, 2013, 06:10 PM »

I would suggest to win the next two Masters, before defending the USO.

Mammoth task.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #211 on: July 24, 2013, 08:36 PM »

Fair enough, but I think those suggesting he'd go on a lengthy winning streak weren't placing large bets  and risking their homes.  Sometimes a fun discussion is "shut-down" or derailed by a harsh, and entirely unnecessary, "injection of reality" so it feels like you've entered a combat zone, or at the very least a "no enjoying yourself zone".  I don't see the need to chastise people for using an internet forum for a bit of harmless fun.

In other news, a study showed that optimists live seven-and-a-half years longer than pessimists.   At least everyone gets to be right!  yay

Dandy'o ...but realism is not the same as pessimism ....realism is a projection of a balanced open minded view. Nobody is shutting anyone down... its a forum for open discussion... negative , neutral or positive...funny, sad...  whatever. If people dont want to read others comments that can potentially be in opposition to their thinking..why bother joining any social forum?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #212 on: July 25, 2013, 02:53 AM »

Dandy'o ...but realism is not the same as pessimism ....realism is a projection of a balanced open minded view. Nobody is shutting anyone down... its a forum for open discussion... negative , neutral or positive...funny, sad...  whatever. If people dont want to read others comments that can potentially be in opposition to their thinking..why bother joining any social forum?
Well said, ABF.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #213 on: July 25, 2013, 08:29 AM »

Mammoth task.
It may be, but that will be his goal, as he has already said his aim is to try and win his next tournament. I was replying to your statement that his next goal was to defend the USO. It may be a mammoth task, but the top players have the mind set is to try and win every tournament they enter, because they know they can beat everyone.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #214 on: July 25, 2013, 01:30 PM »

I think it's unrealistic to want Andy to win both Montreal and Cincy and indeed might not be such a good idea with USO so soon after.  I'd settle for one of them and a decent showing in the other.  Might be better to win Montreal and then go out earlier in Cincy where it's so punishingly hot usually.  But above all want him to win USO again. 
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #215 on: July 25, 2013, 01:59 PM »

I think it's unrealistic to want Andy to win both Montreal and Cincy and indeed might not be such a good idea with USO so soon after.  I'd settle for one of them and a decent showing in the other.  Might be better to win Montreal and then go out earlier in Cincy where it's so punishingly hot usually.  But above all want him to win USO again. 

That's my take on it too. I'd love Andy to win one, but a decent showing in the other would be fine before the USO, which I'd really love him to win again.

Win Montreal Andy love, it's a much nicer trophy as I recall Smile.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #216 on: July 25, 2013, 03:03 PM »

What Andy wins will be up to him. but what I was trying to say was that he will try and win every tournament he enters, so his first goal is Montreal. If he didn't try and win every tournament that he enters he would be accused of tanking. I for one don't want Novak to win Cincy and set up another record, I want Andy to keep him down and not give him any confidence.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #217 on: July 25, 2013, 06:34 PM »

Roger Federer beat 6_3, 6_4 in second round again this week. Even worse than last week when outed in semi.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #218 on: July 25, 2013, 06:37 PM »

wow who beat him dex?  If these clay court tournaments were partly about gaining points and confidence after W, they've proved a complete flop for smugfed.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #219 on: July 25, 2013, 06:40 PM »

wow who beat him dex?  If these clay court tournaments were partly about gaining points and confidence after W, they've proved a complete flop for smugfed.

Daniel Brands.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #220 on: July 25, 2013, 06:43 PM »

tee hee - thanks gangsta.  Can someone remind me what his ranking is?
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #221 on: July 25, 2013, 06:43 PM »

lollll it's not even surprising any more, every player on tour will believe they have a shot against him
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #222 on: July 25, 2013, 06:51 PM »

tee hee - thanks gangsta.  Can someone remind me what his ranking is?

55. He is very talented.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #223 on: July 25, 2013, 06:56 PM »

thanks gangsta.  Talented or no, smugfed will not have been happy to go out to someone ranked 50 points below him in 2nd round on his home soil to boot
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #224 on: July 25, 2013, 06:57 PM »

lollll it's not even surprising any more, every player on tour will believe they have a shot against him

That's the thing isn't it really? In the past Fed could frighten the life out of a lot of opponents before he'd struck a ball. Now they'll all believe they have a chance.

I have this strange hankering for Ferrer to get a win over him. Then again I'd settle for Andy beating him again. That always makes me happy Smile.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 57 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »