Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 57 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013

(Read 24096 times)
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #420 on: August 05, 2013, 06:53 PM »

Andy playing dubs tomorrow.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #421 on: August 05, 2013, 07:00 PM »

TJ, you are of course correct. But don't overlook Peter Fleming. Both he and Mark Petchey have always strongly supported Andy and both have always been convinced that he would one day be a grand slam champion.

He proved them and all of us that he was capable and talented enough to achieve his aims.

You're absolutely spot on. I love Peter Fleming, he's great in commentary and is very supportive of Andy. He made a great comment today about how well Andy moved during the Wimbledon final. I just highlighted what Petch had to say because he knows Andy well. He's also never come across as being jealous of Andy, which is rather different to some former Brit players.

I spotted Fleming in the royal box (I was just watching TV unfortunately Smile ) at Wimbledon. He was standing up along with everyone else and looking like he was having a great time.

Oh indeed. I think Andy has shown a lot of people what he's made of now. To me there was never any doubt about his ability, or about what he could do, but to see it happening is marvellous. I also think, and Petch suggested something very similar, that Andy is proving a lot to himself now, which has to be good for him for the future.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #422 on: August 05, 2013, 07:40 PM »

I had assumed that would be the case Aileen as Granollers had to travel over from Europe after his final on Saturday.  I don't suppose the dubs will be televised?
I'd forgotten about that.  Just hope he isn't too jet-lagged to give Dimitrov a fight.  I'm back to watching livestreaming again.  Total bummer, having got used to seeing
RG, etc, on the telly. Frown    TennisTV won't show Andy's doubles, but LiveScoreHunter might.

Actually Aileen.......since reading Clydey's mate's comments I think I prefer 'The Tradesman' now.....It suits Andy down to a 'T'!  Very Happy #hecanfixmyplumbinganytime
Caz!!  shocking  lol

Andy playing dubs tomorrow.
Oh good.  He could do with that before his singles match to get him sharpened up.
[ Last edit by Aileen August 05, 2013, 08:07 PM ] IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #423 on: August 05, 2013, 09:29 PM »

Andy does not appear to be playing doubles tomorrow. Nadal and his partner are playing Ferrer and Lopez in an all Spanish affair.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #424 on: August 05, 2013, 09:32 PM »

I love Andy's plate - definitely the most imaginative design. Rafa's plate looks so plain in comparison!
I agree love Andy's plate, wish he would do one for me Wink 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #425 on: August 05, 2013, 09:39 PM »

Andy does not appear to be playing doubles tomorrow. Nadal and his partner are playing Ferrer and Lopez in an all Spanish affair.
That's a bit unfortunate.  Meanwhile Granollers/Dimitrov are third on court 5.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #426 on: August 06, 2013, 05:54 AM »

This means that he will probably have to play twice tomorrow.  If that is the case hopefully there will a good gap between the matches.  How many times does this happen to Andy?  May be it will put him off doing doubles.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #427 on: August 06, 2013, 08:16 AM »

I see Delpo won in Washington. Isner thinks Delpo is now 3rd favourite at the USO behind Andy and Joker. I definetly think he is now a top 4 player ahead of either Fed or Rafa (probably Fed).  No-one hits a harder forehand than Delpo and he is amazingly consistent. Hardly ever misses. Andy due to face this guy in the QFs here. 
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #428 on: August 06, 2013, 09:24 AM »

I see Delpo won in Washington. Isner thinks Delpo is now 3rd favourite at the USO behind Andy and Joker. I definetly think he is now a top 4 player ahead of either Fed or Rafa (probably Fed).  No-one hits a harder forehand than Delpo and he is amazingly consistent. Hardly ever misses. Andy due to face this guy in the QFs here. 

Delpo is improving especially this year but I do feel he has injury problems which keep rearing their ugly head.  I think it has been mainly wrist and knee problems plus the chest infection.  Hopefully for him he can overcome these.

I hope Andy does well here but the most important tournie is USO.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #429 on: August 06, 2013, 09:36 AM »

how annoying that they've not put Andy's dubs on till tomorrow when I guess much of the point of playing dubs for him is to get some match practice in before his first singles match.   
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #430 on: August 06, 2013, 09:41 AM »

Does that mean he's playing both matches on the same day Ruthie?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #431 on: August 06, 2013, 09:45 AM »

I imagine it does Caz and I guess they'd put his singles on before his dubs unless he requests the opposite - with his new superstar status perhaps tournament organisers will show him more respect now.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #432 on: August 06, 2013, 09:48 AM »

Does that mean he's playing both matches on the same day Ruthie?

Probably yes. But Andy's two match schedule for tomorrow if it comes to fruition will be further aggravated by Djokovic's playing today and he is not also playing doubles.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #433 on: August 06, 2013, 10:27 AM »

TJ, you are of course correct. But don't overlook Peter Fleming. Both he and Mark Petchey have always strongly supported Andy and both have always been convinced that he would one day be a grand slam champion.

He proved them and all of us that he was capable and talented enough to achieve his aims.
[/quote]

Dont overlook Jim Courier either, love his commentating!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Andy at the Rogers Cup 2013 « Reply #434 on: August 06, 2013, 10:35 AM »

I imagine it does Caz and I guess they'd put his singles on before his dubs unless he requests the opposite - with his new superstar status perhaps tournament organisers will show him more respect now.
Yes......I certainly hope so Ruthie!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 57 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »