Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the US Open 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: New poll: how will Andy do
oh no, a Kevin Anderson moment and out he goes in 1st round
Out in 2nd
Out in 3rd
Out in 4th
Out in qfs
Out in sfs
Yet again the runner up
Andy triumphs and MW crashes as we all go berserk
Irene says goodnight USO and they all have to go home

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 19 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the US Open 2011

(Read 8354 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at the USO « Reply #60 on: August 24, 2011, 07:36 PM »

I don't agree.

By practising with Nadal, Andy is playing into his hands. Nadal all warm and friendly is two-faced. Uncle Toni will make a note of Andy's weaknesses and after hours encourage Nadal to use that against Andy when playing for real
Surely Uncle Toni knows Andy's weaknesses well enough by now.  I think it's good for Andy to practise with someone who practises as if playing matches.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Andy at the USO « Reply #61 on: August 24, 2011, 07:38 PM »

But on the bright side Andy can spot any weakness that Rafa has!
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the USO « Reply #62 on: August 24, 2011, 07:40 PM »

Surely Uncle Toni knows Andy's weaknesses well enough by now.  I think it's good for Andy to practise with someone who practises as if playing matches.

Of course you are correct. I just feel that Andy would be better advised to practise with a player away from the top 3; say the top 5 to 10
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at the USO « Reply #63 on: August 24, 2011, 07:43 PM »

Of course you are correct. I just feel that Andy would be better advised to practise with a player away from the top 3; say the top 5 to 10
No practise with the best I say. And as Chrismac says it works both ways!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Andy at the USO « Reply #64 on: August 24, 2011, 07:45 PM »

Damn, I forgot, our Andy does not need any out of this world assistance. Mr Magic carries his own concealed wand.
Not even from the Wizard of OSS? shocking
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the USO « Reply #65 on: August 25, 2011, 02:50 AM »

Chris, I believe that you have hit the problem on the nail. He has a tremendous serve when it clears the net, but the ball toss is not consistent. Get that right and he's on the way.

I still go along with Andy's comment way back, and I keep repeating it time and again ad nauseam, that he feels that his best times will be between the ages of 24 and 27. This is where he is. Let's be patient, observe with delight and not get too ahead of ourselves.
I can't understand why he can't get the ball toss right either.  If nothing else, surely he must be able to see what he's doing on video?  It seems to me that he's frequently throwing the ball just a little too far in front of him, and as a result it either dumps into the net (if he doesn't throw it high enough) or it goes long.

I have heard, though, from those lucky enough to watch him practise, that his serve then is fine.  Seems to be that once on court something starts misfiring somewhere, and that unfortunately applies to the rest of his game when Mr Tragic turns up.

YESSSSS!

IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Andy at the USO « Reply #66 on: August 25, 2011, 08:56 AM »

Andyone know what time the draw is - can't wait - really hope that he gets a good draw this year.  Got a good fleeling that Andy might be able to nail it this year - Come on Andy take Mr Magic to the court - Fingers crossed for a favourable draw.......
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at the USO « Reply #67 on: August 25, 2011, 09:57 AM »

I can't understand why he can't get the ball toss right either.  If nothing else, surely he must be able to see what he's doing on video?  It seems to me that he's frequently throwing the ball just a little too far in front of him, and as a result it either dumps into the net (if he doesn't throw it high enough) or it goes long.

I have heard, though, from those lucky enough to watch him practise, that his serve then is fine.  Seems to be that once on court something starts misfiring somewhere, and that unfortunately applies to the rest of his game when Mr Tragic turns up.

YESSSSS!

Which rather supports my theory that it's nerves.
Love the Wizard of OSS Caz!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy at the USO « Reply #68 on: August 25, 2011, 11:11 AM »

Andy's serve is very tight to the net. If u watch u'll see how many "lets" he gets. BTW this is a rule I'd like to see abolished. Ball is either in or out, end of. This is why, I guess, if his ball toss is a millimetre out, his serve fails. But as Caz says, weather will effect it as well. Sod's ball toss is so high, wind really effects him.
I'd be interested to know if Andy does have better stats indoors.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the USO « Reply #69 on: August 25, 2011, 11:37 AM »

I agree about the 'let' call BH, at any other time in the match the ball is either in or out, why not on the serve?  It would also cut down the amount of time spent serving which can really hold up play.  I'm sure I heard one of the former players advocating it's abolition not so long ago - could have been Martina - so maybe it's under consideration.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at the USO « Reply #70 on: August 25, 2011, 11:48 AM »

Andyone know what time the draw is - can't wait - really hope that he gets a good draw this year.  Got a good fleeling that Andy might be able to nail it this year - Come on Andy take Mr Magic to the court - Fingers crossed for a favourable draw.......
An earlier post from Colin said it would be 12pm Eastern time, which I think means 5pm in the UK.  Yes let's all send positive thoughts over to NY at that time!
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the USO « Reply #71 on: August 25, 2011, 12:31 PM »

An earlier post from Colin said it would be 12pm Eastern time, which I think means 5pm in the UK.  Yes let's all send positive thoughts over to NY at that time!

Ruthie, you have the times correct. However, the draw including various boring introductions only commences at 5.00 pm our time. Probably we are talking about 5.30 pm + for us.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at the USO « Reply #72 on: August 25, 2011, 12:48 PM »

Ruthie, you have the times correct. However, the draw including various boring introductions only commences at 5.00 pm our time. Probably we are talking about 5.30 pm + for us.
Ah thanks OSS.  So no point sending over positive thoughts until 5.30ish then it seems. 
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the USO « Reply #73 on: August 25, 2011, 12:52 PM »

Where did you see that Iris?  And are you sure that's not just his night wear?  I'd prefer red with black trimmings myself (well for his top).  He looks so good in red and as we've discussed on another thread it's the colour of fire and we need Andy to be fired up and firing on all cylinders.
Sorry to take so long in answering just got back today.  The details are/were on Andy's official website saying the black/red kit was for the US Open.
IP Logged
nthornbury

Re: Andy at the USO « Reply #74 on: August 25, 2011, 01:45 PM »

Guys lovely to be here, how does everyone predict andy will go in the upcoming Australian Open which is only 143 days away!

also an update on the boys we are planning a trip to wimbledon in 2013 as we all have school commitments to fulfill over the next two years but cannot wait to make it over to Wimbledon!

Also you can follow us on twitter at: https://twitter.com/#!/AndyBoys_AusOpn
and our email is: [email protected]
Which i manage both of
we look forward to hearing from all of you!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 19 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »