Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the World Tour Finals in London 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the World Tour Finals in London

(Read 9646 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #180 on: November 05, 2012, 10:18 PM »

Thanks but is that one of your good feelings or bad feelings tj?

It's a definite good feeling lol. I'm being smugger (is that even a word???) than Smugfed now, but I predicted the USO win, and my bones are talking to me again, so........
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #181 on: November 05, 2012, 10:31 PM »

This is a higher quality match than Murray's was. Tsonga might be pretty hard for Andy to beat.

Tsonga might well be tougher indoors, but Djokovic put him away handily enough. I fully expect Andy would do the same to be honest. Tsonga can be awkward, but at the moment he just doesn't have 'it' over those at the top.

Personally I didn't think Andy's match was lower quality. Andy wasn't his best in the first set, that's true, but once he got the break in the second he lifted his game significantly and was the dominant player. The match up with Berdych was bound to be a close one, Andy has struggled with him at times. That's why I think it's good that Andy has now leveled their head to head record, and, more significantly, beaten him three times this year.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #182 on: November 05, 2012, 10:53 PM »

Today's match was my biggest concern of the group.  I'm not assuming Djokovic is an easy win, but I felt he needed the win today to ensure (just about) getting out of the RR phase.  Assuming it is Nole and Andy going through, I'm not sure it matters who is in first or second position, other than getting extra points.

My other concern is that loads of Brits would not grasp that Berdych is a good, and tricky player, so would act like a loss was a national embarrassment.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #183 on: November 06, 2012, 01:31 AM »

This is a higher quality match than Murray's was. Tsonga might be pretty hard for Andy to beat.

I disagree. I thought Djokovic looked out of sorts. And Tsonga failed to take his chances. But that doesn't mean he won't still be a challenge for Andy. Both of them for that matter.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #184 on: November 06, 2012, 06:54 AM »

Nole did look out of sorts, but once again we saw that incredible winning mentality that made him raise his game at just the right moment.
Tsonga is a front runner and kind of gave up at that point. Rolling Eyes
This is gonna be close.  Fingers crossed
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #185 on: November 06, 2012, 07:53 AM »

He has gotta win that one because the match against Nole would obviously be very difficult to win..
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #186 on: November 06, 2012, 08:23 AM »

There is a poll in the atpworldtour.com on who will win the WTF...
Guess what Federer - 50%...couldn't stop laughing for some reason.
Nole 24% and Andy 11%....
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #187 on: November 06, 2012, 08:26 AM »

Hope everyone going to the WTF this week-in any capacity,to see any player/match-has an absolutely unbelievably good time,and that you really have a special experience.

Ineed i wish we could, my wife would love nothing more than to go and watch andy murray play at the o2. unfortunately had to quit work due to wife with breast cancer and undergoing chemo Frown

chemo now finished and undergoing radiotherapy, looks good so far. Hope and pray that we can go watch him next year in the o2 finals as no1 in the world
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #188 on: November 06, 2012, 08:30 AM »

Ineed i wish we could, my wife would love nothing more than to go and watch andy murray play at the o2. unfortunately had to quit work due to wife with breast cancer and undergoing chemo Frown

chemo now finished and undergoing radiotherapy, looks good so far. Hope and pray that we can go watch him next year in the o2 finals as no1 in the world

I hope she has a speedy recovery and you guys can attend his matches in the near future...
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #189 on: November 06, 2012, 08:32 AM »

Crikey, that puts everything into perspective really. I'm sorry to hear about that, but at the same time, her reaction to the chemo must be heartening. Smile
IP Logged
PETRA

Observe time and opportunity.

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #190 on: November 06, 2012, 08:47 AM »

Please pass on my good wishes to your wife and tell her that I had exactly the same treatment 10 years ago and here I am watching tennis and reading this forum. 
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #191 on: November 06, 2012, 09:05 AM »

Oh my goodness,Curtis,I am so,so sorry to hear that.I hope and pray everything continues to go well for you both,and that your wife makes a full recovery.I can tell you that my aunt was in exactly the same place as you are,and 11 or 12 years later she is the picture of health,and living and enjoying her life to the fullest-please god it will be exactly the same for you both,and that you will indeed get to go and see our Andy next year,with both of you in great health!Please tell your wife that both of you have the thoughts,concerns and best wishes of so many on this forum.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #192 on: November 06, 2012, 10:19 AM »

I'm very sorry to hear that Curtis. I hope that your wife's treatment continues to go well and that you're both able to go and see Andy play next year - please pass on my good wishes to her.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #193 on: November 06, 2012, 10:42 AM »

Curtis71: Every sympathy and encouragement to you both. My brother is recovering from chemo and radiotherapy for throat cancer in Australia and we have had daily phone calls during his treatment. I know what it involves therefore. I also know that a great many cases are completely curable. All good wishes - if you both need cheering there are many on here who will be happy to help - it's a caring, argumentative, Andy-mad forum so come and join in.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #194 on: November 06, 2012, 10:43 AM »

My thoughts are with you in this. My young niece, at 33, is currently undergoing chemo for breast cancer and needs radiotherapy. When they found the cancer they also discovered that she was pregnant. They had to wait until she was twelve weeks pregnant for her to start chemo, because at that point it would pose less of a risk for the baby. The baby was born, by c-section just a few weeks early on the 1st November. She's a pretty good weight and doing well. She needed to be born a little early so that my niece could complete her treatment. Fortunately my niece is doing well, and I hope all goes well for you and your wife.

My niece has aunts on her mother's side as well, one of which was diagnosed with breast cancer just a little while before her. She's just 49. In her case her prognosis is very bad. She's just been told she is terminally ill. It's heartbreaking, but thank God for the instances like my niece and your wife. I hope she continues to do well. My thoughts and prayers will be with you both. Hopefully next year you will get to see Andy.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »