Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the World Tour Finals in London 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London  (Read 6839 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « on: November 02, 2012, 07:48 AM »

well that time of year is upon us again.  cmon yeah  Last tournament of the year, last time to prove something before the tennis season ends..    Andy will be relatively fresh for this one,  on the down side  he hasn't had that much match practice.  I guess it all evens it self out at one point.

Here is the group that I would like Andy to have -

Djokovic,  Tipsy,    wouldn't mind Delpo

Thoughts?
[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 November 02, 2012, 04:20 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 07:54 AM »

Not really sure who I want in his group.  I just want Andy to be fully fit and focused and to play his best.  If he does, it doesn't matter who is in his group.  After last year's disappointment of him withdrawing before I even got there fingers crossed nothing goes wrong this year.  So I'm cautiously really looking forward to seeing him live again,
btw did I read somewhere that the draw is tomorrow evening?  And does anyone know when we get the oop?  I hope they don't have to mix up the groups to take account of Paris as wouldn't be fair if they didn't all get a day off between matches during the round robins and makes it confusing for the rest of us.
Oh and just read in INdependent that Mr L arrives in London today  yay
[ Last edit by Ruthie November 02, 2012, 08:40 AM ] IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 10:04 AM »

My group standings:

GROUP A:
Roger Federer
Andy Murray
Jo Wilfried Tsonga
Janko Tipsarevic

GROUP B:
Novak Djokovic
David Ferrer
Tomas Berdych
Juan Martin del Potro
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 10:36 AM »

Here is the group that I would like Andy to have -

Djokovic,  Tipsy, Ferrer.     wouldn't mind Delpo

Thoughts?
Andy and Ferrer can't be in the same group John as they're the #3 and #4 seeds. I don't really have a preference for who Andy gets - all are going to be tough, and everyone has beaten him before. I suppose the one player I'm hoping he'll avoid is Berdych, though with the Davis Cup final coming up I'm not sure how much energy he's going to invest in the WTF.
IP Logged
Knights
Junior

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 12:42 PM »

When will the groups get announced?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 12:54 PM »

^ Saturday, I believe.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 02:36 PM »

Saturday evening I read somewhere
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 02:59 PM »

Looking forward to the WTF, here's a bit of Andy to whet your appetites.  cmon yeah

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Finals/2012/Tennis/Media/Videos/Uploaded/2012/9/10/Andy-Murray-Qualifies-For-London.aspx#ooid=45eWl1NTr4hX93ogtWiYWb9lrMuaPsi-

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Media/Videos/Uploaded/2012/10/31/Barclays-ATP-World-Tour-Finals-Profile-Andy-Murray.aspx
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 03:23 PM »

I'll wait to see how it pans out - the groups. I'd prefer players with less taxing styles, because the match between Nadal and Andy in 2010 did all the damages in the world for both, so wouldn't want to have a repeat of that. It was a great match but should have happened in the final. Would like him to avoid players like Ferrer altogether if possible but let’s see. And Berdych too but for different reasons.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 03:32 PM »

I think this is going to be an interesting test to see Federer's level, he could quite possibly wind up losing all 3 rr's I feel.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 03:44 PM »

Would prefer Andy to avoid Berdych, because I still have no voice and won't be able to yell at the TV. Ferrer would be awkward, but Andy has his measure on hard. I know what happened last year, before anyone reminds me, but Andy was clearly unwell. That said, Ferrer is so tenacious, could take a while to finish off, so he's better avoided, unless if course Ferrer wins Paris, in which case he could arrive in London knackered.

The thing is, none of the matches are easy, so I don't think it matters which group Andy has. Maybe he could ask to play Delpo and Fed all the way through, his record over Delpo is great, and he scares Fed to death. Andy might have been beaten at one time or another by all of these, but he has also beaten all of them, so I'm just going to watch it all play out.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 04:02 PM »

I don't think the group matters much tbh. Because if he avoids Berdych and Djokovic in the group phase he might get them in the semis and that wouldn't be ideal either. So I'm not sure.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 06:22 PM »

The other question is when we'd prefer Andy to play.  I guess from his point of view it would be best to start Monday so that, assuming he makes the SF, he has a day's rest on Saturday.  But from a selfish point of view I'd like him to play thurs and sat as I'll be there.  Happy to put Andy's needs above mine though  Whistle
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 06:23 PM »

omg   Andy has to play Saturday  Its a must  I will be there.   make it happen tennis gods
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #14 on: November 02, 2012, 06:27 PM »

so jk you put your needs above Andy's eh?  Whistle
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »