Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the World Tour Finals in London 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 16 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the World Tour Finals in London

(Read 8498 times)
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #45 on: November 03, 2012, 02:14 PM »

There is always a silver lining. It's not like Andy can't beat all 3. Have faith, guys. Smile
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #46 on: November 03, 2012, 02:20 PM »

So Fed has hand picked his group then!!!!!
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #47 on: November 03, 2012, 02:25 PM »

^ He won't have an easy time in the semi. Wink
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #48 on: November 03, 2012, 02:26 PM »

2 yrs ago Andy had Soderling in his group, who was a bit of a boggeyman for Andy, but Andy beat him convincingly and put him firmly in his place and then he played that wonderful semi final against Rafa. So Andy knows how to beat all in the WTF and he has Lendl there giving advice and support, and hopefully a very pro Andy crowd which will lift him.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #49 on: November 03, 2012, 02:41 PM »

Group A:
Djokovic
Murray
Berdych
Tsonga

Group B:
Federer
Ferrer
Del Potro
Tipsarevic

This is official!

Federer is probably still laughing after looking at this draw. That 10 minute hyena laugh of his. Well, anyway, the idea is to win it so even if he makes the semi, which he will, he will have to win both matches as he could very well face Andy or Nole or Berdych in the semi and final. 

Anyway, back to main topic, Andy will be able to get 2 wins out of it. I am not sure which two though. Both Berdych and Tsonga are good indoor players and judging by Paris surface just now, I am not finding it particularly fast. And if 02 plays similar then that won't play fast either.

Most dangerous will be as usual for me, Berdych followed by Nole and then Tsonga. Neither Berdych nor Tsonga are looking all that sharp and Nole has a few things in his mind though, I never take him lightly regardless, but I think after the Shanghai loss, Andy will be keen to beat him.

If Andy is on and supported heavily here by the crowd, he can get all three wins IMO in RR. I don't think we should look any further than this right now.
IP Logged
Becky
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #50 on: November 03, 2012, 02:50 PM »

What a crap, yet utterly predictable draw.

At least Tsonga seems to have been out of form recently, but I wouldn't rule out him suddenly finding his best tennis from somewhere.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #51 on: November 03, 2012, 02:57 PM »

Just confirmed Andy plays Berdych Monday afternoon. Djokovic plays Tsonga in the evening.

I suppose the draw is what it is. Fed gets lucky apparently, looks like he picked his himself, but you still have to beat those in front of you.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #52 on: November 03, 2012, 03:00 PM »

There is always a silver lining. It's not like Andy can't beat all 3. Have faith, guys. Smile

*Ommmmmmm* Positive Thoughts *Ommmmmmm*

Not thrilled by the draw but keeping faith in Andy's ability especially with a home crowd.

Worst thing about this draw is that Andy plays his first match whilst I'm still at work. Do I risk a hard earned professional reputation to watch an on-line stream???  Think  confused

IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #53 on: November 03, 2012, 03:01 PM »

PseudoFed: My letter to Mr. London was received I see #humble
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #54 on: November 03, 2012, 03:13 PM »

I won't be able to see Andy on Saturday   
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #55 on: November 03, 2012, 03:19 PM »

imo Murray has a difficult group obviously, but he has proven this year that he call beat all the top players at the biggest stage.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #56 on: November 03, 2012, 03:22 PM »

The draw is a farce as usual. Me thinks this is Fed's last hurrah. Bloody hope so.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #57 on: November 03, 2012, 03:27 PM »

imo Murray has a difficult group obviously, but he has proven this year that he call beat all the top players at the biggest stage.
^^^ This.

I realised that I'd probably be anxious regardless of who he was up against.  The whole point of the WTFs is that every match is supposed to be against a top player and I can't have it both ways! Very Happy
IP Logged
Becky
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #58 on: November 03, 2012, 03:32 PM »

Hopefully Ferrer or Tipsy will be able to pull a Davydenko and get their first wins over the Smug one at the o2.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #59 on: November 03, 2012, 03:38 PM »

Hopefully Ferrer or Tipsy will be able to pull a Davydenko and get their first wins over the Smug one at the o2.
It will be really hopefull as well the only guys to have beaten Fed in more recent times are ND AM JW and TB and there all in the other half of the draw.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 16 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »