Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the World Tour Finals in London 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 16 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London  (Read 6833 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #120 on: November 03, 2012, 11:57 PM »

Ruthie I waited till the draw came out, and they said Andy was playing Monday , went on line and asked for front row seats, they were a bit expensive, but got them so worth it, did the same last year and sat right behind Andy when they sit down change of ends, talked to him and got his autograph . Don't worry I will be screaming , I will have a big Union Jack flag and my MW tshirt on.
Will have my eyes and ears peeled for you, Deb. Lucky you, and Enjoy! Smile
I think I remember talking to you last year when you were gearing up to go there, and I said to wear your T-shirt so we could look out for you?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #121 on: November 03, 2012, 11:59 PM »

As I said earlier, the draw is what it is. In some ways a tough draw could be good for Andy. It might keep him focused. It didn't do him any harm at Wimbledon, in spite of the loss in the final, and he dealt with fighting in the USO brilliantly.

I'm really looking forward to this week. I'm getting one of my feelings again. I can't wait to hear the reception Andy gets this year. It should be great.
IP Logged
DaveH
Satellite Level

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #122 on: November 04, 2012, 12:19 AM »

When is Andy playing on Weds and Fri? I'd like to go to a group match, especially as it's not guaranteed he will make the final. Will we have to wait until the day before to see the order of play?

I think it's possible he might be scheduled daytime for all three matches, because that's what the beeb would want, as they are not showing the evenings. I'm inclined to wait until it's known for sure though, and hope there are still tickets left.

Never mind. They only had tickets for Weds lunchtime, so I bought one of those. If it's not AM playing, hopefully I can find someone to swap it for Weds evening. Worst way, it's still quality tennis.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #123 on: November 04, 2012, 12:26 AM »

The Mirror website says there will be tickets released each morning at 10am

The Mirror is pleased to be able to offer readers the chance to get court-side tickets at the original box office price through our partnership with Viagogo, the ticket marketplace.

Every day this week at 10am ten pairs of tickets will be released at the box office price. If you get online fast enough you could find yourself in court-side seats at sold out games watching the top eight players battle it out for the number one spot for just £60. 

Tickets will sell fast. Follow us on twitter for updates on their release!
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/tennis/barclays-atp-world-tour-finals-1415096

Worth a go if you are already in the area.
IP Logged
DaveH
Satellite Level

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #124 on: November 04, 2012, 12:42 AM »

Still £22.50 and £38 tickets left for Weds lunchtime. http://www.theo2.co.uk/event/barclays-atp-world-tour-finals-20121105.html
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #125 on: November 04, 2012, 01:33 AM »

Andy and the other tennis stars walking the red carpet.

It's not often you hear photographers call Andy "Mr Murray".

[ Last edit by IonaRed November 04, 2012, 01:48 AM ] IP Logged
andyfan4ever

::Give 110% and Don't go away with regrets::

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #126 on: November 04, 2012, 02:31 AM »

Looking forward to the London Finals! Smile
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #127 on: November 04, 2012, 02:51 AM »

Behind the scenes.

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #128 on: November 04, 2012, 08:20 AM »

Ruthie I waited till the draw came out, and they said Andy was playing Monday , went on line and asked for front row seats, they were a bit expensive, but got them so worth it, did the same last year and sat right behind Andy when they sit down change of ends, talked to him and got his autograph . Don't worry I will be screaming , I will have a big Union Jack flag and my MW tshirt on.
wow deb I might need to rethink my strategy next year though as I can usually only go later in the week, I guess I can't rely on tickets not having sold out.  You'll have to represent us all.  Tell Andy how proud we all are of him on MW [you can igore the naysayers!]
dave though it's academic now I think it's Sky rather than the beeb who call the shots here as they are partners in the event and eg choose the kids to walk on with the players.
sparkle: with only 10 pairs available each morning I think the chances of getting them must be pretty remote
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #129 on: November 04, 2012, 08:46 AM »

Andy Murray raised the biggest cheer of the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals Gala, joking that the support he has received recently came as a result of his loss to Roger Federer at Wimbledon. “It's this guy's fault. He made me cry!”
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #130 on: November 04, 2012, 11:41 AM »

wow deb I might need to rethink my strategy next year though as I can usually only go later in the week, I guess I can't rely on tickets not having sold out.  You'll have to represent us all.  Tell Andy how proud we all are of him on MW [you can igore the naysayers!]
dave though it's academic now I think it's Sky rather than the beeb who call the shots here as they are partners in the event and eg choose the kids to walk on with the players.
sparkle: with only 10 pairs available each morning I think the chances of getting them must be pretty remote
Yes it has worked well for me, they had 6 left in the front row, so I think you can always get at last minute, defo sky now for sure now I don't think the bbc are Evan showing some night matches!  will tell Andy how proud we are of him no worries.
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #131 on: November 04, 2012, 11:41 AM »

Andy Murray raised the biggest cheer of the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals Gala, joking that the support he has received recently came as a result of his loss to Roger Federer at Wimbledon. “It's this guy's fault. He made me cry!”
Haha bless him.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #132 on: November 04, 2012, 11:42 AM »

great deb.  Hope you have a wonderful match.  BBC aren't showing any evening matches and I've just discovered they've just about abolished video streaming under the red button to save money. 
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #133 on: November 04, 2012, 11:44 AM »

Will have my eyes and ears peeled for you, Deb. Lucky you, and Enjoy! Smile
I think I remember talking to you last year when you were gearing up to go there, and I said to wear your T-shirt so we could look out for you?
That's right I was , well remembered , thanks Scotnadian .I am sure Andy is going to do us proud.
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #134 on: November 04, 2012, 11:45 AM »

great deb.  Hope you have a wonderful match.  BBC aren't showing any evening matches and I've just discovered they've just about abolished video streaming under the red button to save money. 
Thanks Ruthie, Well that's just so bad, not everyone has sky!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 16 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »