Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the World Tour Finals in London 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the World Tour Finals in London

(Read 7788 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #195 on: November 06, 2012, 12:38 PM »

There is a poll in the atpworldtour.com on who will win the WTF...
Guess what Federer - 50%...couldn't stop laughing for some reason.
Nole 24% and Andy 11%....

Well the Sky poll last night had 50% predicting Andy to win. Peter Fleming just said Andy broke down in tears when he heard but sounds like it was hearsay and seemed to partially retract.  Am only half watching/listening.

TJ - look after those bones.  Good to know they're feeling good about this week,.
And Curtis I wish your wife a full recovery.   Here we are getting in such an anxious state about Andy and you have a much greater source of anxiety much closer to home.  Wishing you both well.
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #196 on: November 06, 2012, 01:31 PM »

i know this may be a little off topic, but not sure where i should post it

watching O2 match with Marray in the doubles, the one american commentator said to the other, what makes a good player at the net.

barry cowan ( i believe) replied anticipation, being able to read the game.

The american commentator said "i dont know what you mean, can you explain"

WHAT?????? does he not know what anticipation means??? or what it means to read the game????

is it me or was that a REALLY dumb question?
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #197 on: November 06, 2012, 01:52 PM »

Good win for Marray and Nielsen there in the CTB.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #198 on: November 06, 2012, 02:02 PM »

Marray and Nielsen won? Beautiful.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #199 on: November 06, 2012, 02:03 PM »

Ineed i wish we could, my wife would love nothing more than to go and watch andy murray play at the o2. unfortunately had to quit work due to wife with breast cancer and undergoing chemo Frown

chemo now finished and undergoing radiotherapy, looks good so far. Hope and pray that we can go watch him next year in the o2 finals as no1 in the world
Dear Curtis,
I sincereley wish you and your wife the very best, and wanted to share with you that I had Stage 3B Hodgkins and underwent 6 months chemo followed by 3 months radiotherapy.
One month later, I had a bone marrow transplant.
I pretty much spent over a year in and out of my hotel room (aka hospital room.)
That was 18 years ago, and I am here, cancer-free, cheering on Andy, and with lots of future plans. I have never, and will never, lose my sense of humour.
I know it is scary, but I know several people who have been through breast cancer and are leading completely normal lives. My neighbour had a double mastectomy and she and I are good friends and have a good laugh about life.
I'm not a religious person, but I am sending lots of positive thoughts and smiles your way... and please let your wife know she is being thought of by MW.  hug

IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #200 on: November 06, 2012, 03:02 PM »

Back from 02 yesterday , it was so exciting , sat right behind Andy screamed our way through the match, we were on tv with our flag waving and T shirts, didn't get to talk to Andy but shouted across to him how proud we are, he smiled at us, and my friend did get a hand on his towel he threw into the crowd , but a very big lady snatched it away ,         
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #201 on: November 06, 2012, 03:08 PM »

Ineed i wish we could, my wife would love nothing more than to go and watch andy murray play at the o2. unfortunately had to quit work due to wife with breast cancer and undergoing chemo Frown

chemo now finished and undergoing radiotherapy, looks good so far. Hope and pray that we can go watch him next year in the o2 finals as no1 in the world
[/quote.  That is so sad, really wish your wife all the best, as Scotandian said I know like herself and other people that do very well after cemo. I am sure you will be there cheering Andy next year.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #202 on: November 06, 2012, 03:11 PM »

Back from 02 yesterday , it was so exciting , sat right behind Andy screamed our way through the match, we were on tv with our flag waving and T shirts, didn't get to talk to Andy but shouted across to him how proud we are, he smiled at us, and my friend did get a hand on his towel he threw into the crowd , but a very big lady snatched it away ,         

Deb,you lucky thing,that sounds so wonderful!So glad you were able to be there and see him get the win,and I hope the day was everything you hoped it would be!What a shame about the towel Frown But hey,at least your friend  got a hand on it-that's closer than most get!And to think,he heard what you were saying,and smiled across at you-that sounds incredible!
Did you take any pics?
IP Logged
DaveH
Satellite Level

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #203 on: November 06, 2012, 03:17 PM »

Best wishes to your wife and yourself, Curtis. I hope Andy's performances can be a small pick-me-up over the next few days. I'm sure we would all love to hear that the pair of you are healthy and going to the o2 next year.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #204 on: November 06, 2012, 03:39 PM »

i know this may be a little off topic, but not sure where i should post it

watching O2 match with Marray in the doubles, the one american commentator said to the other, what makes a good player at the net.

barry cowan ( i believe) replied anticipation, being able to read the game.

The american commentator said "i dont know what you mean, can you explain"

WHAT?????? does he not know what anticipation means??? or what it means to read the game????

is it me or was that a REALLY dumb question?

Curtis, it was Ross Hutchins (spelling? I'm half asleep!) who answered the question, which I think came from Barry Cowan. I thought the same as you in the first instance, a sort of 'Peter, that was a stupid question', type of thing, but then I thought about it and wondered if he was being a bit deliberately stupid, to get Ross to elaborate on what he meant by reading the game, maybe for the benefit of people who either don't watch tennis all the time, or who don't see a lot of doubles. That was my take on it.

Good to see Marray and Nielsen win too. I enjoyed that one. Fell asleep watching most of the singles match after. Woke up towards the end of the first set.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #205 on: November 06, 2012, 03:44 PM »

There is a poll in the atpworldtour.com on who will win the WTF...
Guess what Federer - 50%...couldn't stop laughing for some reason.
Nole 24% and Andy 11%....

Ah well, proof that Fed fans can use computers, that's all. Now he's thrashed Tipsy they'll be unbearable.

Can't wait to see Smugfed against someone who can actually play against him. I turned off the adoration fest from Marcus and co after the match today. Revolting stuff. I don't know why they don't just offer to wash his feet and have done with it.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #206 on: November 06, 2012, 03:45 PM »

Deb,you lucky thing,that sounds so wonderful!So glad you were able to be there and see him get the win,and I hope the day was everything you hoped it would be!What a shame about the towel Frown But hey,at least your friend  got a hand on it-that's closer than most get!And to think,he heard what you were saying,and smiled across at you-that sounds incredible!
Did you take any pics?
Thanks dani , the atmosphere was fantastic got a sore throat from shouting!! It was the best, did do some video and took pics but wouldn't begin to know how to put them on here, fingers crossed for tomorrow . Still on a high  yay
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #207 on: November 06, 2012, 03:49 PM »

Peter Fleming just said Andy broke down in tears when he heard but sounds like it was hearsay and seemed to partially retract.

TJ - look after those bones.  Good to know they're feeling good about this week,.

It sounded to me almost like PF had heard a joke or something and had taken it seriously. I don't know if I can imagine Andy crying over the results of a poll. Although, it does sound like he is getting support from people, which is nice, and very helpful for him.

Lol. My bones wll be fine lol. They might be wrong of course, in which case I will have them all removed or promise to ignore them in future LOL.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #208 on: November 06, 2012, 09:55 PM »

I presume PF was referring to Murray breaking down in tears after Wimbledon (losing to Federer again, etc). Not a very good joke, like.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #209 on: November 07, 2012, 06:00 AM »

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife, Curtis.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »