Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the World Tour Finals in London 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the World Tour Finals in London

(Read 7938 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #210 on: November 07, 2012, 11:53 AM »

Back from 02 yesterday , it was so exciting , sat right behind Andy screamed our way through the match, we were on tv with our flag waving and T shirts, didn't get to talk to Andy but shouted across to him how proud we are, he smiled at us, and my friend did get a hand on his towel he threw into the crowd , but a very big lady snatched it away ,         
well done deb - so glad you were able to get that message to Andy. 
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #211 on: November 08, 2012, 11:18 AM »

thanks for all your thoughts everyone,

we enjoyed watching murray against djokovic , especially the first set, murray really took it to joker, match could easily have gone either way

i seem to remember someone saying that they predicted a murray win but that djokovic would beat him in the final, lets hope he got that prediction the wrong way around Very Happy
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #212 on: November 08, 2012, 01:49 PM »

Ah well, proof that Fed fans can use computers, that's all. Now he's thrashed Tipsy they'll be unbearable.

Can't wait to see Smugfed against someone who can actually play against him. I turned off the adoration fest from Marcus and co after the match today. Revolting stuff. I don't know why they don't just offer to wash his feet and have done with it.

Exactly. Tipsarevic was just pathetic that day.
Waiting for a Andy-Fed or Nole-Fed match to see Fed gettin thrashed..cuz I am sure he will lose it.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #213 on: November 08, 2012, 04:22 PM »

Exactly. Tipsarevic was just pathetic that day.
Waiting for a Andy-Fed or Nole-Fed match to see Fed gettin thrashed..cuz I am sure he will lose it.

The more I see of Federer this week, the more convinced I am that when he is playing someone genuinely capable of beating him he will come unstuck.

Admittedly, I fell asleep during Ferrer/Smugfed this afternoon, but I did see the first set in its entirety. Fed's FSP was not great. He also seemed to have a case of double faultitis again. Maybe not quite as bad as against Andy in Shanghai, but a pretty close second I would have thought, without seeing stats. Some of Fed's errors were incredible for a player of his ability.

What Fed can do against Ferrer, in all honesty, is handle the big points. I suppose it comes down to belief in your own ability, but also having a big head to head advantage, in other words, the knowledge that you've done it before.

I'm biased, I'll admit that, but in my mind if Andy and Fed meet in the semi's Andy is capable of beating him. Putting aside the adoration fest, which seems to get more revolting by the day, I honestly haven't been that impressed by Federer so far. I'd go as far as to say, just like I did after the match with Tipsy, if Fed had been playing Andy today he would have lost. I was impressed by Ferrer's fight, but then he always fights.

IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #214 on: November 08, 2012, 05:32 PM »

If Fed had been playing Andy or Djoko today Fed would have lost in two straight sets without a doubt.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #215 on: November 08, 2012, 05:35 PM »

I was a bit gutted after yesterday's loss I must say and was having trouble concentrating, but now I am over it. A loss tends to have a lot more perspectives than a win. And a great motivation factor too. Anyway I can comfort myself basically.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #216 on: November 09, 2012, 12:06 AM »

^^ totally agree with you Teejay and Alis. I was at the O2 all day today, and Fed so did not deserve that straight sets win over Ferrer. His serving was embarrasing - only 40% 1st serves in, 1st set. He was helped by the umpire making a wrong call in the 3rd game which Ferrer should have won, but most of the time Ferrer seemed the better player. But Fed did the business at 5-4 in the first set, found his serve for the tie-break, and got the win.

I decided to get out quick, before the interview, and got to the practice court ahead of the crowds to find Nielsen practising (for his singles career?), with Andy due on next! Couldn't believe my luck. Didn't feel confident it would actually happen until I saw his grandparents arrive!

So I watched the dream team Murray for over an hour, hitting first with Ross Hutchins, then with Danny. Saw him practising his forehands, backhands, volleys, smashes, serves....absolutely brilliant! Then some posing for photographs and lots of signing autographs.

Then saw Tipsy/Del Potro - and all I can say is WTF? Really?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #217 on: November 09, 2012, 12:08 AM »

Yes World Tour Finals, that's what the tournament is called.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #218 on: November 09, 2012, 12:11 AM »

Yes World Tour Finals, that's what the tournament is called.
The other WTF seemed more appropriate for this match!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #219 on: November 09, 2012, 10:28 AM »

Hi Elena and all,

How great to get to see Andy practising. I'd love to do that. I've yet to see him live at all, but most of the tournaments are too far away for me. The WTF is out of my reach, being at the O2, but I'd love to go. I wish it would move to Birmingham after the O2, that's close enough for me, but I guess it's unlikely.

I sort of had a bit more sympathy with Tipsy last night than I did after his first match. It seems pretty clear to me that he isn't well. I do sympathise because I've still got laryngitis that is knocking me around. I couldn't even imagine playing tennis whilst feeling as I do.

That said, I honestly think Tipsy is being a bit silly carrying on. I know it's the end of the year, and those who qualified for the WTF wanted to play, but it seems clear to me that Tipsy just can't give his best at the moment. Surely, as he is already unwell, he is risking injury by playing when his body isn't up for it.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #220 on: November 09, 2012, 12:12 PM »

^^ totally agree with you Teejay and Alis. I was at the O2 all day today, and Fed so did not deserve that straight sets win over Ferrer. His serving was embarrasing - only 40% 1st serves in, 1st set. He was helped by the umpire making a wrong call in the 3rd game which Ferrer should have won, but most of the time Ferrer seemed the better player. But Fed did the business at 5-4 in the first set, found his serve for the tie-break, and got the win.

I decided to get out quick, before the interview, and got to the practice court ahead of the crowds to find Nielsen practising (for his singles career?), with Andy due on next! Couldn't believe my luck. Didn't feel confident it would actually happen until I saw his grandparents arrive!

So I watched the dream team Murray for over an hour, hitting first with Ross Hutchins, then with Danny. Saw him practising his forehands, backhands, volleys, smashes, serves....absolutely brilliant! Then some posing for photographs and lots of signing autographs.

So jealous right now of you seeing him practice. Did you get a picture with him/of him or an autograph?
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #221 on: November 09, 2012, 01:35 PM »

So jealous right now of you seeing him practice. Did you get a picture with him/of him or an autograph?
No, I didn't try. It was enough to be that close and watch everything going on, and I would have had to climb over a few people to get out anyway!  I was very pleased though that the young Scottish girl next to me managed to get through the scrum and get her ticket signed. She was jumping up and down with excitement afterwards!

I did have  a very good view!

IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #222 on: November 09, 2012, 01:42 PM »

Nice pic!
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #223 on: November 10, 2012, 05:00 PM »

I love how Muzza only had one security bloke whereas when I saw SmugFed coming and going from the practise court, he had several.  Get over yourself, Fed.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at the World Tour Finals in London « Reply #224 on: November 10, 2012, 05:36 PM »

I love how Muzza only had one security bloke whereas when I saw SmugFed coming and going from the practise court, he had several.  Get over yourself, Fed.

It's because of that murder threat he recieved most probs.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »