Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at US Open 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 30 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at US Open 2012

(Read 17875 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #135 on: August 23, 2012, 05:41 PM »

errrr.  Olympics and Wimbledon  were far far tougher.   Andy has played magnificently of the course of the grass season.  The Amercian HC could of been a little bit better,  but I'm not complaining   GOLD MEDAL.  still not over it Very Happy  hehe .  
Andy's draw is quite good actually.  Not a lot of in-form players in his half. He handles the pressure so well consistantly over the last couple of GS, the last few years.  

Of course you get Fed who is responsible for being the cake walker. obviously.    Doesn't want to disappoint his fans  Whistle
Well Fed does have the imperious in-form Berdych in his quarter. Very Happy  So lets hope for a Tomas- Muzz Semi.
[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 August 23, 2012, 05:46 PM ] IP Logged
marg
Junior

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #136 on: August 23, 2012, 05:41 PM »

Could someone please post full draw  for me can't get on site.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #137 on: August 23, 2012, 05:46 PM »

This draw literally makes Nole as THE favourite with both Federer and Andy being a close 2nd. I do feel in a semi-final match against Federer, Andy will have more to say than, let’s say, in a final match. I don't want to think so ahead right now though.
IP Logged
madabouttheboy
Junior

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #138 on: August 23, 2012, 05:55 PM »

Happy he doesn't meet Berdych.
Those fans of Fed. who think he gifted the Olympic match should accuse him of match fixing.....
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #139 on: August 23, 2012, 05:56 PM »

Hi All,

I am astonished that Andy has ended up on Federer's side of the draw. I was watching (much to my surprise it was available in the UK, so thanks to whoever put the link up) and did a double take at the PC monitor. I thought he'd end up on Djokovic's side.

It doesn't look too bad, does it? I heard the presenters say it looks tough for Andy, and that Federer appears to have the easier draw, but I don't know so much. I can honestly say that my heart didn't do weird things when I looked at it, so maybe that's a good sign lol.

Lopez did get clever and take a set last year. I remember that vividly, because I stayed up to watch and it gave me a migraine. However, I think Andy is playing more aggressively this year, and he has a good record against Lopez anyway. Just don't muck about Andy, go for him from the off.

The thing about Raonic is that he has to get to Andy first, and who knows whether or not he will. I'd just fancy Andy to get through it. He will have to be on the ball as it were, if Raonic is playing well, but you'd have to like Andy's chances. Look at the big servers he played at Wimbledon and he got through. We'll see I suppose.

You'd also have to fancy Andy against Tsonga, especially knowing Tsonga doesn't like playing him. The only thing that concerns me is that Tsonga can be a bit unpredictable. Sometimes he can be brilliant, other times he can be average. Although, after what happened at Wimbledon Tsonga will surely not be looking forward to the meeting. We all know what the head to head is like.

If they both get there it will be interesting to see Andy play Federer again. Surely Andy will have that bit of extra confidence now. I guess we'll find out. I wonder whether the Olympics loss will play on Federer's mind at all. We'll see.

I have to say I would love a Murray/Djokovic final. I don't know who Andy might have wished for, but I do love watching those two play. Should it happen I think it has the potential to be a classic.

IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #140 on: August 23, 2012, 06:06 PM »

I agree Emma Jean - maybe Andy facing Fed in a semi changes things; it takes the pressure off somewhat, and I think he WILL "have more to say" if that match happens.

I did think Nole and Andy would be on the same side, but Nole has Delpo & Ferrer, which could be tough for him over 5 sets. This is the first time in 4 years Nole doesn't draw Fed for the semis.

I feel like Andy and Nole got the toughest QF opponents in Tsonga and Delpo. Berd has been in a slump all year, and Tipsy has never been past the QFs of a slam.

Anyhow, they all have to make their ways through the draw first, though. Let's hope for good weather.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #141 on: August 23, 2012, 06:07 PM »

I think the reason why Andy is on Federer's side is because; the organizers are hoping for a Federer/Djokovic final the most. If Andy's on Nole's side then the chances of that happening decrease by 50%. Also, people would love to see an Olympic rematch of Federer/Andy and this way, it's almost guaranteed to have that happen. Andy being on Nole's side would diminish that possibility again about 50%. This draw is win-win for them.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean August 23, 2012, 06:12 PM ] IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #142 on: August 23, 2012, 06:09 PM »

I have to say I would love a Murray/Djokovic final. I don't know who Andy might have wished for, but I do love watching those two play. Should it happen I think it has the potential to be a classic.

Oh me too! Would be wonderful to see these two young guys in the final!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #143 on: August 23, 2012, 06:11 PM »

I agree Emma Jean - maybe Andy facing Fed in a semi changes things; it takes the pressure off somewhat, and I think he WILL "have more to say" if that match happens.

I did think Nole and Andy would be on the same side, but Nole has Delpo & Ferrer, which could be tough for him over 5 sets. This is the first time in 4 years Nole doesn't draw Fed for the semis.

I feel like Andy and Nole got the toughest QF opponents in Tsonga and Delpo. Berd has been in a slump all year, and Tipsy has never been past the QFs of a slam.

Anyhow, they all have to make their ways through the draw first, though. Let's hope for good weather.

Del Po is not a problem for Nole in the qtr. Nole is significantly better than Delpo on hard courts. But these won't be easy matches either and have the massive potential of a 4 setter. It all depends though on the full draw which I have yet to see.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #144 on: August 23, 2012, 06:14 PM »

Hi All,

Someone jog my memory. I have just said Andy lost a set to Lopez last year, but according to the ATP's site Andy won in straight sets. I know I had a late night watching it, and in my head Andy lost a set, but am I right? I'm just thinking I might be losing the plot lol.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #145 on: August 23, 2012, 06:17 PM »

Raonic. Rain. Tsonga. Buses. Federer. Injuries. Knees. Cakewalks. Choking. Drama.

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #146 on: August 23, 2012, 06:18 PM »

Hi All,

Someone jog my memory. I have just said Andy lost a set to Lopez last year, but according to the ATP's site Andy won in straight sets. I know I had a late night watching it, and in my head Andy lost a set, but am I right? I'm just thinking I might be losing the plot lol.

Lololol. I don't remember as clearly but I don't think Andy lost a set to Lopez. And also, ATP should be right.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #147 on: August 23, 2012, 06:19 PM »

Haven't seen the full draw either. Where are Roddick, Fish and Isner for example?

Delpo is a former USO champion, the only other one in the draw besides Roddick, Fed and Nole himself, so in that sense, he's a very tough QF opponent. He knows he can do it.

Right now, Berdych just lost the first set to Darcis!! Tomas is in a big slump; I don't think he has a chance versus Fed. Not sure what's happened to him this year.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #148 on: August 23, 2012, 06:23 PM »

Lololol. I don't remember as clearly but I don't think Andy lost a set to Lopez. And also, ATP should be right.

Thanks EJ. Sure, the ATP should be right. It is funny though, my memory of the match is patchy to say the least. The migraine I had the day after lasted a few days and was gross!

My apologies to Andy for daring to suggest he could lose a set to Lopez lol.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #149 on: August 23, 2012, 06:25 PM »

Hi All,

It was straight sets tj.  I didn't stay up  but remember people being worried as Lopez had been serving so well but he served poorly and Andy walked all over him if I remember correctly.  It was a v quick match I'm pretty sure.
My only worry about this draw is Raonic but he hasn't been doing all that well recently and I'm hoping Andy will have his measure better than last time when he played him for first time.  Like EJ I'd been thinking that if Andy were in Fed's half of draw it should help his scheduling given they always seem to favour Fed.  I'd have thought Andy's team are feeling quietly confident with that draw.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »