Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at US Open 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 30 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at US Open 2012

(Read 16778 times)
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #150 on: August 23, 2012, 06:27 PM »

A reasonable draw to be fair to Andy,could have been a lot worse.GOOD LUCK TO HIM AND GOD BLESS AS ALWAYS.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #151 on: August 23, 2012, 06:32 PM »

Just watched the US Open site, and the prediction for the men's Final Andy v Nole with Andy winnng the title, women Serena v Maria Sharapova with Serena winning the title. The guy being interviewed felt that Andy would get through Milos and beat Fed and that he would win against Nole in 5 sets. There are more people tipping Andy this year than ever before, because of the way he played in the Olympics and at Wimbledon. They feel he is now mentally strong and has improved his forehand and serve, as well as playing offensively. I feel that this is Andy's time.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #152 on: August 23, 2012, 06:33 PM »

Tsonga in the QF, there is no easy players in the QF, so Andy (if it goes to seeding) should be happy with that.  I'm glad he is not meeting Berdych, but I don't know why he's down a set  at the Winston right now! Roanic, is he just a big hitter like Karlovic (hit your 1st serve as hard as you can, if it out hit your 2nd serve as hard as you can), or has he a plan B. If Andy plays well he has to be favourite over three sets.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #153 on: August 23, 2012, 06:35 PM »

Wow we got Fed in a semi  shocking Sod's law, Fed won't  play Monday now Whistle
Yeah, first hurdle, if he gets there, not counting chickens, would be Raonic. Over 5 a bit easier than over 3. Same would go for Tsonga.
Berdych is in a megga slump and who knows if Delpotro's wrist will last two weeks, unlikely I'd say.
Bring it on yay
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #154 on: August 23, 2012, 06:39 PM »

As I think the schedule is designed to aid smugfed rather than to hinder Andy, I think he might be ok for once bbh.   I do think Andy potentially has hardest QF given the state of his other potential opponents, as you point out.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #155 on: August 23, 2012, 06:39 PM »

It occurs to me Ruthie that I might have the Lopez match confused with Nadal and Andy's semi, where Andy took a set if I recall. My migraines do funny things to my brain lol. I was ill for ages after the one Andy caused (lol) during the USO last year, and they do make me confused for days after, so if he could just not do that to me again I'd be grateful lol. On the other hand, if getting a migraine is what I have to do to watch him win the thing I will cope lol.

Yes, I take your point about Raonic. The thing I do think is hopeful for Andy is that the one he lost to Raonic (incredible to think they have had a walkover each) was on clay and it was their first meeting. I think Andy should have the edge on the hard courts, assuming it happens.

I hope Andy's team are quietly confident. I was quite nervous of the draw, I admit that, but it really could be worse. I must say, and I know this is the wrong thread really, I can't help feeling sorry for Donald Young. His confidence must be in his boots already, and he's got Federer in the first round.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #156 on: August 23, 2012, 06:44 PM »

Full draw:

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/draws/ms/index.html?promo=subnav
IP Logged
Dropnet

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #157 on: August 23, 2012, 06:46 PM »

Donald Young's career revenge against Fed, in first round. :P

Anyway, i am disappointed for Raonic in Andy's draw, because i think that canadian is just more than a big server. But a match 3 on 5 sets, I believe can be better for Murray's chances.
After this, it is ok Tsonga in QF, even if Tipsarevic would have been the best choice. Smile

Fed in SF? I don't know, but it is a new thing and so... we can all hope that the history is ready to change too. Smile

Cross fingers and touch whatever you want.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #158 on: August 23, 2012, 06:51 PM »

No Fed not playing Monday i heard them say that.They said if Nole gets to the final,and Fed and Andy play in the semis,if its a tough match witch ever one of them wins will find it tough in the final,as they will not have had as much rest as Nole.So they said they would give Nole the advantage,for a win.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #159 on: August 23, 2012, 06:54 PM »

No Fed not playing Monday i heard them say that.They said if Nole gets to the final,and Fed and Andy play in the semis,if its a tough match witch ever one of them wins will find it tough in the final,as they will not have had as much rest as Nole.So they said they would give Nole the advantage,for a win.
Andy just can't win can he.   By definition whichever half he's in starts 2nd.  I take back what I said above.  BUMMER  shocking
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #160 on: August 23, 2012, 06:55 PM »

The possible encounter with Raonic looks inevitable unfortunately. Hopefully, I am very very wrong on this. Granollers and Girlado are our only hope if we want to avoid Raonic.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #161 on: August 23, 2012, 06:57 PM »

It occurs to me Ruthie that I might have the Lopez match confused with Nadal and Andy's semi, where Andy took a set if I recall. My migraines do funny things to my brain lol. I was ill for ages after the one Andy caused (lol) during the USO last year, and they do make me confused for days after, so if he could just not do that to me again I'd be grateful lol. On the other hand, if getting a migraine is what I have to do to watch him win the thing I will cope lol.

Yes, I take your point about Raonic. The thing I do think is hopeful for Andy is that the one he lost to Raonic (incredible to think they have had a walkover each) was on clay and it was their first meeting. I think Andy should have the edge on the hard courts, assuming it happens.

I hope Andy's team are quietly confident. I was quite nervous of the draw, I admit that, but it really could be worse. I must say, and I know this is the wrong thread really, I can't help feeling sorry for Donald Young. His confidence must be in his boots already, and he's got Federer in the first round.

Dearest teejay, is it possible you are confusing with the Isner one perhaps? That too went to 4 sets.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #162 on: August 23, 2012, 06:57 PM »

I doubt we can avoid him  [Raonic] so I think our wish must be that Andy has got his measure now and can beat him in 3.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #163 on: August 23, 2012, 06:59 PM »

Could have been better could have been worse. Just glad he avoided a really dangerous 1st/potential 2nd round, like Nalbandian, gulbis or Paire.  yay

Fine with him being on Feds half or Novaks cos he's got about 5 matches to play before that even relevant. plus Perfecterer has a few potential difficult oppenants of his own.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #164 on: August 23, 2012, 07:00 PM »

Andy just can't win can he.   By definition whichever half he's in starts 2nd.  I take back what I said above.  BUMMER  shocking

Oh bummer indeed  
Awful schedule again. Though only right Nole gets to go first. Only good thing about this is that Fed is very unlikely to win yay
On which note, nobody beats Donald Young x times in a row Whistle
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »