Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at US Open 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 30 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Andy at US Open 2012  (Read 15241 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #300 on: August 27, 2012, 01:39 PM »

The forecast for NY is 40 per cent chance of rain and scattered thunder showers....hope he gets his match in without interruptions.
Go Andy!!!!!!!!!
Ooh hope there are lots of thundering showers for the night match  Whistle
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #301 on: August 27, 2012, 02:09 PM »

I'm going to put the cat among the pigeons, I've a feeling that Fed won't make the semis, that he will have a surprise loss to one of the Americans and although a good draw, Nole will not get past Del Po this time. If you remember Nadal, Federer, and Nole all won their 1st GS against someone not expected to make the Final. So.......

Nole is more vulnerable than Federer for sure. Also, he's not playing with the same gut and his game is also not nearly as good as last year. So Del Potro does have a slim chance to take him out, but only him as I see it. It will be still tough to beat Nole because there are a couple of things that will keep him motivated: one, he needs to defend his title; second, and this is more important, he’d like the No. 1 ranking back from Federer. But as I’ve said just last year that winning is very easy defending is not. Anyway, going back to the original point, there’s also Isner but Isner will have to stay fresh and focused to make the semi but it's not too farfetched either.

Federer, I am not sure, who pose a real threat in his qtr. It's not the same Fish as last year either but he can definitely put up a fight, take a set etc., but to beat Federer at the USO will be a huge deal for him, so even if he goes ahead of Federer by any chance, he’ll probably falter because of the mental toughness he lacks in general. Berdych is the only guy who can take Federer out before the semi, but he will have to get there first. I hope he gives his all to make that far but it all remains to be seen.

There is a chance, however, that one of the top guys may have to play a guy in the final who's never made a final before. There are all sorts of possibilities in fact.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean August 27, 2012, 02:15 PM ] IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #302 on: August 27, 2012, 02:52 PM »

Ooh hope there are lots of thundering showers for the night match  Whistle
We have a hurricane (isaac)skirting the coast of florida.Can't find out where it goes after making  land fall in louisainna.It will cause a lot of rain .
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #303 on: August 27, 2012, 03:51 PM »

Hope you're ok in Florida iamabritt. 
British news was suggesting it will just affect Southern states but I guess NY could be affected by the edge of it and therefore suffer rain.  Again, great that Andy's first match is one of the first on court unlike last year when they had big problems with the effects of the hurricane.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #304 on: August 27, 2012, 04:18 PM »

Hope you're ok in Florida iamabritt. 
British news was suggesting it will just affect Southern states but I guess NY could be affected by the edge of it and therefore suffer rain.  Again, great that Andy's first match is one of the first on court unlike last year when they had big problems with the effects of the hurricane.
yes Ruthie Iam fine and dry..the south will get some of this but it looks like it crosses over to the carolina's .the latest report at 11am said there is a lot of very warm water to cause the storm to strenghen.but like tou i just hope Andy keeps dry and does really well.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #305 on: August 27, 2012, 04:20 PM »

Going to keep in touch through official site as cant see me getting this match on the Telly in Corfu...... C'mon Andrew
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #306 on: August 28, 2012, 06:58 AM »

Don't see a thread yet for the Dodig match. Well, Good Luck, Andy!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #307 on: August 29, 2012, 06:48 PM »

Not sure where to put this, but if anyone is interested Andy will be answering questions in The New York Times posted by fans. Check it out :

http://straightsets.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/29/have-a-question-for-andy-murray/?partner=rss&emc=rss
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #308 on: August 30, 2012, 11:31 AM »

Thanks sn - interview about his fantasy team so funny; he is SO competitive!
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #309 on: August 30, 2012, 02:54 PM »

Does everyone know that you can watch the matches live on the US Open website and you can pick what court you want to watch.  I just discovered this and thought for those of you who are having problems livestreaming you could use this.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #310 on: August 30, 2012, 04:58 PM »

Does everyone know that you can watch the matches live on the US Open website and you can pick what court you want to watch.  I just discovered this and thought for those of you who are having problems livestreaming you could use this.
Is it available outside the US though?

I haven't looked but I assume it would be the same as for Wimbledon where it was streamed through the BBC iPlayer and only viewable to those in the UK.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #311 on: August 30, 2012, 05:27 PM »

Is it available outside the US though?

I haven't looked but I assume it would be the same as for Wimbledon where it was streamed through the BBC iPlayer and only viewable to those in the UK.

There's a thread (just scroll down the page a little) set up here by Craig explaining how to get it to work even if you're outside the US:

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/andy-murray/us-open-tv-and-stream-help/
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #312 on: August 31, 2012, 05:04 PM »

What did Andy say about Laura yesterday?
[ Last edit by dex August 31, 2012, 05:10 PM ] IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #313 on: August 31, 2012, 05:25 PM »

He said he thought that if she continued to improve her fitness and movement she would do really well but that she needed time.  I think he was trying to take the pressure off her.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #314 on: August 31, 2012, 06:52 PM »

But he's also been praising her for how she's playing now and apparently was cheering her on in the Sky green room just now. I'm sure she's benefited from her friendship with Andy and from playing with him  yay
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »