Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at US Open 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 30 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Andy at US Open 2012  (Read 15137 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #105 on: August 23, 2012, 06:18 AM »

I think you're absolutely right. I've read numerous posts on different forums about how Federer gifted Andy the gold medal. He decided to give something back to the British public who have been so good to him over the years. How kind of Fed. Some fans are just crazy.

doh That's what Andy must have been doing during those Slam finals - thought that Fed needed them and said nah you have them.  I'm going to have the one bauble you don't, so you can't have a complete set ignore
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #106 on: August 23, 2012, 06:24 AM »

@Isabel. Thanx again for the practise report. clap
Glad to see Ivan is in there whipping Andy's butt off the baseline. Whistle
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #107 on: August 23, 2012, 09:23 AM »

In all fairness there are lots of comments from reasonable Fed Fans ( if that is not an oxymoron), stating how offensive it is to their hero to even suggest he might have gifted to the gold to Mr M, and saying Mr M was the better player on the day and hence he deserved to win.

Feeling quite anxious about this one. Feel that there might be another period of reflection and consolidation, before he moves another giant leap forward in 2013. Lets not forget his partnership with Mr L is still less than a year old, and we have seen him going forward and backwards a lot this year as things take time to bed in. Agree with whoever said that his first GS is more likely to be the AO in Jan. Equally really hope I am wrong. Please feel free to maul me for that view...!!!
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #108 on: August 23, 2012, 12:51 PM »

The draw is today, anyone know what time (UK)?
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #109 on: August 23, 2012, 01:09 PM »

The draw is today, anyone know what time (UK)?
The BBC website says the draw is to be held at 17:00BST today that'll be 5pm then.
IP Logged
marg
Junior

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #110 on: August 23, 2012, 01:13 PM »

Bevc  I am originally from the North and I am going to the Aust Open.  May see you there!!!!
IP Logged
justinfuller

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #111 on: August 23, 2012, 01:56 PM »

I don't think the draw matters too much. If Andy is going to win his first slam in New York he will almost certainly have to beat Novak & Roger just like he did in London. This time beat them both in a 5 set match. 

I think it's a matter of time before he comes through and win's his maiden slam. If he does this soon he could and should go on to win four or five slams maybe even three out of the four, as I can't see him ever winning in Paris. 

They says the first is always the hardest. It also looks like he can end the year at number three

Whatever happens I will be watching every match, Just like I watched every match of Tim Henman who was a true pro a great player and really nice guy.  . 

IP Logged
marg
Junior

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #112 on: August 23, 2012, 02:06 PM »

Yes Tim was a good guy but not in Andy's league as a player.  We really do not know what will happen until the draw later this afternoon.   There are also some really good players in the draw and Novak and Fedface have to beat those also to reach the final.  I think Andy does deserve a good draw.  Does anyone know if the draw is televised?
IP Logged
justinfuller

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #113 on: August 23, 2012, 02:15 PM »

I agree Andy is at a diffrent level and has also been a little unlucky with the standard of the top three players. If he had played with Henman in late 90's into the 00's. Then I think he would have won 2 or 3 by now.  The draw might be on Sky Sports News.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #114 on: August 23, 2012, 02:34 PM »

I noticed that R5 Live is talking tennis tonight at 8.30 with Jonathan Ovarend so I guess some discussion of the draw then. 

Welcome justinfuller.   I think the point about the draw is as much about who Andy might meet on the way.  We don't want him expending all his energies on early rounds before meeting Fed and/or NOle (who btw he had a 3 not 5 set match with in the Olympics as only the final was a 5 setter)
IP Logged
justinfuller

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #115 on: August 23, 2012, 02:44 PM »

I agree he needs to be fresh ahead of the final weekend where you play Saturday & Sunday (weather depending) they has been alot of Monday finishes in last few years.  in the QF he will either face Tsonga, Ferrer or Del Potro. All will be tough matches. I think Murray losing early in 3rd round last week isn't a bad thing. 

One getting a bad day at the office out of his system & Two time to rest after a long grass court season. He might not play until the Tuesday or Wednesday. When are they going to sort out the scheduling at the Open. To be Honest it’s a joke just like not covering the courts it rains
IP Logged
justinfuller

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #116 on: August 23, 2012, 02:54 PM »

The draw is Live on www.usopen.org 5pm BST. There are also showing Live streaming tonight from the Q-Draw 5-9pm  EST (10-2 BST)
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #117 on: August 23, 2012, 03:38 PM »

I agree he needs to be fresh ahead of the final weekend where you play Saturday & Sunday (weather depending) they has been alot of Monday finishes in last few years.  in the QF he will either face Tsonga, Ferrer or Del Potro. All will be tough matches. I think Murray losing early in 3rd round last week isn't a bad thing. 

Andy wont meet Ferrer before the final as he is seeded number 4 in the absence of Nadal. So the quarters would be either, Tsonga, Berdych, Del Po or Tipsy
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #118 on: August 23, 2012, 04:53 PM »

The draw is Live on www.usopen.org 5pm BST. There are also showing Live streaming tonight from the Q-Draw 5-9pm  EST (10-2 BST)

Thanks for the link. Smile Fingers crossed for a good draw for Andy - after the last couple of slam draws, it's definitely time for a better one this time!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #119 on: August 23, 2012, 05:03 PM »

Best of luck, Andy!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »