Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at US Open 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 30 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at US Open 2012

(Read 17993 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #330 on: August 31, 2012, 08:43 PM »

Ivan is so cool,   Cool as a cucumber.    just like Andy  Very Happy
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #331 on: August 31, 2012, 08:48 PM »

Ivan is so cool,   Cool as a cucumber.    just like Andy  Very Happy

I reckon that is the reason it works. I think they just get each other. A partnership made in heaven if you ask me.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #332 on: August 31, 2012, 08:54 PM »

Thanks for the Lendl info and link, Michelle and laundry (and welcome to MW, laundry Smile )

I wonder if Ivan has Scottish genes. Droll, deadpan humour. Love it.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #333 on: August 31, 2012, 08:57 PM »

But he's also been praising her for how she's playing now and apparently was cheering her on in the Sky green room just now. I'm sure she's benefited from her friendship with Andy and from playing with him  yay

Laura and Andy seem to get on very well - he almost seems to be like a big brother.  It's great that Laura is deflecting some of the attention away from Andy - it must be so good for Andy having someone else for the Britpack to focus on.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #334 on: August 31, 2012, 08:59 PM »

Well, that describes mostly Scottish quines.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #335 on: August 31, 2012, 09:17 PM »

..and loons. And you should know.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #336 on: August 31, 2012, 09:39 PM »

Thanks for the Lendl info and link, Michelle and laundry (and welcome to MW, laundry Smile )

So I'm Droll and Deadpan  Very Happy   thanks mate!!  lovely compliment. Very Happy
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #337 on: August 31, 2012, 10:05 PM »

I'm definitely going gaga as I found the video re Lendle interview on sportinglife and then went on and put bbc/tennis.
pseudofed's blog on the players meeting is absolutely hilarious.
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #338 on: August 31, 2012, 10:07 PM »

Thanks Laundry for the link. It is fascinating to see Lendl used the same guy who surfaced the main USO stadium to surface his own court at home to get used to the playing condition. Very astute. That shows Lendl leaves no stone unturned in his GS pursuit. This is very promising as he will be bringing the same attention for details to aid Andy GS preparations.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #339 on: August 31, 2012, 10:27 PM »

I liked the way Lendl deadpanned when Marcus talked about them having fun on court.  And how without giving anything away as to what they've been working on he said how certain things have to be practised over and over so that andy comfortable with them and they can be used in matches, or words to that effect.  I certainly think we've been seeing the results of that in Andy's play.
IP Logged
madabouttheboy
Junior

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #340 on: August 31, 2012, 10:39 PM »

Don't know if this has been posted already but he's on Louis Armstrong tomorrow-not before 1 pm so 6 pm in the U.K.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #341 on: September 01, 2012, 12:05 AM »

I don't know whether it's already been mentioned on here,but Laura said today after the match that while a big part of her newfound confidence is being injury-free for so long,also,through Andy she started working with Jez,and she's seeing the improvements!She didn't say when she started working with him,although from the way she was talking it was probably in or around the time of the Olympics,but I thought that was really cool.It was also mentioned that Andy actually stopped his practice session so he could cheer her on,which I though was lovely Smile
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #342 on: September 01, 2012, 06:59 AM »

Brilliant quote from Kevin Mitchell in yesterday's Guardian:

"Since Ivan Lendl came on board in January, he has given expression to aggression and power that plainly had been lying dormant beneath his outstanding defensive game, as if he were almost scared of his own talent.
Those reservations have been peeled away, tournament by tournament."

Kev's a big Andy fan, I know, but I've often felt that about Andy and totally agree with him. I remember Andy demolishing Roddick at Queens and then almost being apologetic about it, saying it rarely happens etc. Now I never want Andy to turn into Fed, but it wasn't a one off against Roddick, later in the year he produced the same form against Rafa, now this year he spectacularly took it to Fed. He needs to start celebrating his talent and stop being "scared."
  in a good way.

Also very nice compliment from Jim Courier  "If I had a forehand like that, I'd play it as often as possible."
 yay
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #343 on: September 01, 2012, 08:06 AM »

Brilliant quote from Kevin Mitchell in yesterday's Guardian:

"Since Ivan Lendl came on board in January, he has given expression to aggression and power that plainly had been lying dormant beneath his outstanding defensive game, as if he were almost scared of his own talent.
Those reservations have been peeled away, tournament by tournament."

Kev's a big Andy fan, I know, but I've often felt that about Andy and totally agree with him. I remember Andy demolishing Roddick at Queens and then almost being apologetic about it, saying it rarely happens etc. Now I never want Andy to turn into Fed, but it wasn't a one off against Roddick, later in the year he produced the same form against Rafa, now this year he spectacularly took it to Fed. He needs to start celebrating his talent and stop being "scared."
  in a good way.

Also very nice compliment from Jim Courier  "If I had a forehand like that, I'd play it as often as possible."
 yay
I agree that's a really perceptive insight bbh.  I somehow missed it unless Kev wrote an additional piece.

xxdani:  yes I noticed Laura saying that.  I'd assumed that she'd worked with Jez through his role at tennis centre but it does seem that it was through Andy and that perhaps with Judy he's acting as a kind of mentor to her.  Clearly picking her for the dubs was pretty pivotal as she showed much greater steel yesterday than ever before.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #344 on: September 01, 2012, 08:14 AM »

Yes, perceptive. Let's hope Andy steps up and realizes his full potential. We know he can do it!  yay
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »