Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at US Open 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at US Open 2012

(Read 17913 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #375 on: September 05, 2012, 07:02 PM »

No need to read the Mail, john. It was in other newspapers... Whistle

its From a tennis blog  BBH.   blame the blog Very Happy
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #376 on: September 05, 2012, 09:47 PM »

Amir Khan, boxer goes to support Andy at the USO against Raonic. http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,12611_8049706,00.html

How sweet, they are mutual fans. Smile
IP Logged
Ivelina

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #377 on: September 06, 2012, 04:23 PM »

Pippa Middleton was shown countless times during the Cilic match.Good for her.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #378 on: September 08, 2012, 09:49 AM »

Djokovic : Andy we can't be friends anymore

“I can’t be friends with Andy, though. I really like the guy — but how can you go and be best friends with a guy who you know you are going to be doing battle with?
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #379 on: September 08, 2012, 09:57 AM »

“I can’t be friends with Andy, though. I really like the guy — but how can you go and be best friends with a guy who you know you are going to be doing battle with?

That's really sad. In possibly the toughest era in tennis, Borg, McEnroe and Gerulaitis were all mates. Even Connors managed a friendship with Nastase.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #380 on: September 08, 2012, 10:00 AM »

"It is true for myself, Roger, Rafa and now Andy. We like each other and there is mutual respect but common sense tells you we can’t be best friends and hang out.

“When we are all retired the four of us will go to a bar, drink too much beer and look back on all the great matches we’ve had.

“But, for now, we must keep a professional distance.

“I see us being very good friends in the future but the reason I can’t be friends with him now is a compliment. It means I now see him as a very real threat for this Grand Slam and many to come.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/tennis/4526740/Novak-Djokovic-tells-Andy-Murray-We-cant-be-mates.html#ixzz25ror6j96
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #381 on: September 08, 2012, 11:04 AM »

Interesting, honest and sad  tender
IP Logged
sengamac
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #382 on: September 08, 2012, 01:10 PM »

Could this be mind games from Djoko before the final?  Doesn't say much for him as a person if he can only stay friends with Andy if he has no chance of beating him in a slam.  Andy and Rafa are great friends but the friendship is left in the locker room when they are competing against each other.  It would appear Djoko can't handle being beat by a friend in the big matches.   
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #383 on: September 08, 2012, 01:15 PM »

I'm sure I read an article last year where Djoko was expressing exactly the same sentiments.  Maybe the sun has just regurgitated it because it seems an opportune time to do so.
IP Logged
sengamac
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #384 on: September 08, 2012, 01:20 PM »

Maybe Alis but personally I find it strange that he can't stay friends with Andy because he now poses a bigger threat in slams.  Sad.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #385 on: September 08, 2012, 02:06 PM »

He could ask the Williams sisters how it's done.    Probably an old quote.    He certainly doesn't know if he will be doing battle with Andy in the US Open.   Neither of them has reached the final yet.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #386 on: September 08, 2012, 03:15 PM »

Personally I think it makes NJ come over as a petulant spoilt brat type. I didn't like him before. I like him even less now. This comes over as "providing I am beating you all of the time on the important events, and I can lord it over you and you now down to my greatness I am prepared to lower myself to be your friend. Once you start threatening my position I don't want to know.

A bit Fed like in my opinion. I have infinitely more respect for Raonic, who at least had the excuse of youth, and was incredibly gracious in defeat. His attitude was almost "if I have got to be beaten, I would rather it was by a rival playing superb, currently out of my league tennis, that by somebody just scraping a victory over me".
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #387 on: September 08, 2012, 03:31 PM »

Could this be mind games from Djoko before the final?  Doesn't say much for him as a person if he can only stay friends with Andy if he has no chance of beating him in a slam.  Andy and Rafa are great friends but the friendship is left in the locker room when they are competing against each other.  It would appear Djoko can't handle being beat by a friend in the big matches.  

While I do think he's being totally honest, it's also true that finally he sees Andy as a real threat. He was pretty friendly at 2011 AO before the tournament started and he demolished Andy in straight sets there in the final.  But now that Andy pushed him into the 5th in the same event this year, then beat him at the Olympics semi and even won the title; not to mention, the way Andy thrashed Federer in the final and was also almost 2 sets to love up over him at Wimbledon, he now sees him as real a threat as Federer and Nadal.

This though means that only Andy has a couple of really tough rounds ahead of him. Ferrer is no threat to Nole on hard and Berdych is no threat to Nole in the final, if he makes it, but if Andy makes the final, he'll be finally facing the toughest round in the tournament. Of course, strange things do happen and maybe Ferrer is more prepared this time but it all remains to be seen.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #388 on: September 09, 2012, 10:17 AM »

Well I love Nole wub He had the guts and determination to take on the Fedal duopoly and win. yay
Same reason I love Rafa for taking it to Fed, when Fed was boringly dominating everything. yay
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at US Open 2012 « Reply #389 on: September 09, 2012, 10:23 AM »

SIR SEAN CONNERY: Excuse me for interrupting, but I just wanted to make a point. Where's Alex? (Applause.) I don't know where your mother is. There she is.
ANDY MURRAY: Thank you very much for coming. Are you going to be around tomorrow?
SIR SEAN CONNERY: Come on, Judy. Judy, Judy, Judy.
ANDY MURRAY: You smell of wine. (Laughter.)
JUDY MURRAY: He made me have wine. He's just been telling me that Scotland invented the world.
SIR ALEX FERGUSON: Been coming here the last three years to New York, and I explained how Scotland invented the world — today we invented the wind. (Laughter.)
SIR SEAN CONNERY: Today they conquered the world.
SIR ALEX FERGUSON: Very good. Fantastic.
ANDY MURRAY: See you after the match tomorrow.
SIR ALEX FERGUSON: Continue your interview.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »