Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at US Open 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 25 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at US Open 2013

(Read 14542 times)
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #60 on: August 20, 2013, 08:28 PM »

Watching Andy playing a guy called ......,eh! Federer, yeah that's his name on sky4 in his first Grand Slam Final.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #61 on: August 20, 2013, 09:22 PM »

just watched it too robbie.  Never saw the full match at the time as was in a Canadian hotel room unable to find the right channel to begin with.  He played better than I'd remembered - really pushed that guy Federer in the 2nd set, which he deserved to win.  I do remember one of the US comms, I think Mary Jo Fernandez, was indignant on Andy's behalf at the failure to call that out and thought it could be really significant for the match.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #62 on: August 20, 2013, 09:26 PM »

just watched it too robbie.  Never saw the full match at the time as was in a Canadian hotel room unable to find the right channel to begin with.  He played better than I'd remembered - really pushed that guy Federer in the 2nd set, which he deserved to win.  I do remember one of the US comms, I think Mary Jo Fernandez, was indignant on Andy's behalf at the failure to call that out and thought it could be really significant for the match.
Yeah, I agree, I watched it live but my nerves were stretched to the limit and so tended to miss the fact that Andy did play some bloody good tennis.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #63 on: August 20, 2013, 10:37 PM »

Can you believe it, I wimped out on the '08 USO final repeat today. Just couldn't make myself watch it! Actually that's not quite true. I did see some of the second set, towards the end of the set. Andy was playing well at that point.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #64 on: August 20, 2013, 10:49 PM »

ignore.............. roflmao.......my better half said , an industrial steam press should suffice. no

roflmao
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #65 on: August 20, 2013, 11:10 PM »

I think history would have recorded the 2008 USO final as Murray's first slam win, if not for the crazy scheduling of the tournament, i didn't watch the repeat but i seem to remember Fed played his Semi on Friday trouble free, while Andy beat Rafa over 2 days on Saturday and then Sunday due to rain, meaning he played the final the day after on Monday.

I've never been a fan of super Saturday.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #66 on: August 20, 2013, 11:30 PM »

IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #67 on: August 20, 2013, 11:33 PM »

Thanks Connor hadn't seen that!! My god Andy looks **** hot in that .......drool  Little tongue man
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #68 on: August 20, 2013, 11:57 PM »

Oh doesn't he handle himself with such self confidence now! In things like that it's so obvious! He's acquiring himself quite an aura there, a real sense of belief, but also giving off that vibe of not just being there, but being there to win. I just think he's magnificent!
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #69 on: August 21, 2013, 01:01 AM »

Oh doesn't he handle himself with such self confidence now! In things like that it's so obvious! He's acquiring himself quite an aura there, a real sense of belief, but also giving off that vibe of not just being there, but being there to win. I just think he's magnificent!

Yeah it is very noticeable the difference in his confidence level. I think its a combo of obviously winning majors on the biggest stage..and that he has always mentally appeared more relaxed in New York.

He is exactly right tho... he has as much chance of winning it again as either Djoko or Rafa ...despite all the press hype over Rafa's masters wins and year form. Rafa will be favoured by many to win... but people forget a little easily that Rafa hasnt played Andy since he won Olympic gold, USopen and Wimbers...and indeed the last set of tennis they played Andy bageled Rafa..... so we'll see....
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #70 on: August 21, 2013, 04:23 AM »

Will do Caz, I'm gonna streak naked across Arthur Ashe.. yes.......No I ain't says my better half who's coming with me this time. no

No streaking please, Robbie. I believe the USO is PG rated. lol

You and your better half should fly the extra hour North to spend a wee bit of quality time with me and my much better half. I just got home tonight, and he gets home next Thursday.

Sunshine, barbeque, booze, spare bedroom and pool awaits you both. yes
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #71 on: August 21, 2013, 06:43 AM »

Nice to see you back Dani! hug  Hope you had a great holiday. Smile

That pic is truly magnificent, and B&W pics can be very effective, but it makes me feel quite dizzy looking at it!  I don't have a head for heights - even standing on a chair is high enough for me. Rolling Eyes

Me too - and there wasn't a loo roll lurking in the background either!   

lmao That's right Aileen.....and no loo seat either!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #72 on: August 21, 2013, 10:44 AM »

Well said TJ , he really is a different Lad now, really think he has a great chance  at the USO . yes
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #73 on: August 21, 2013, 10:54 AM »

Well said TJ , he really is a different Lad now, really think he has a great chance  at the USO . yes

I do too, a great chance. See, to my mind you can look at Montreal or Cincy, or you can look at Andy reaching the final in every major he has played in since Wimbledon last year. That sort of form in the majors just doesn't lie.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #74 on: August 21, 2013, 10:57 AM »

I do too, a great chance. See, to my mind you can look at Montreal or Cincy, or you can look at Andy reaching the final in every major he has played in since Wimbledon last year. That sort of form in the majors just doesn't lie.
Exactly ( we did call wimby )  yes
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 25 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »