Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at US Open 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 25 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at US Open 2013

(Read 15607 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #75 on: August 21, 2013, 11:15 AM »

Exactly ( we did call wimby )  yes

As well as the Queen's/Wimby double and the USO last year  yes
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #76 on: August 21, 2013, 12:35 PM »

Been laid up with a chest infection since Saturday  Sad, walking about. cold flu man flu is such a killer, thank god it's this week and not next week, i'll have to start getting some staying up late practice again.

As it's USO time, it's a good idea to d/l spotflux http://www.spotflux.com/

This will allow you to watch live streams on the offical USO website http://2013.usopen.org/index.html
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #77 on: August 21, 2013, 02:50 PM »

Been laid up with a chest infection since Saturday  Sad, walking about. cold flu man flu is such a killer, thank god it's this week and not next week, i'll have to start getting some staying up late practice again.

This will allow you to watch live streams on the offical USO website http://2013.usopen.org/index.html

You have my sympathy with that. Chest infections are no fun. I haven't had one for a while, a few years, but they can knock you around. Get plenty of rest, we all need to be fighting fit. We've got a major in front of us Smile.

Speaking of the majors and dodgy health, I'm going to have to watch yet another tournament with no voice! I really do think my throat might be trying to kill me. Does it not realise how stressful matches can be when you can't vent the emotions out by yelling obscenities at Andy's oppponents/certain commentators/random things that just get on your nerves during tournaments!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #78 on: August 21, 2013, 03:38 PM »

Awww....that's a shame Gnome! I've had a few of those myself, so I know how you felt! Glad you're recovering now! Thanks for the info.....much appreciated!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #79 on: August 21, 2013, 04:16 PM »

Going to miss the whole bloody thing. Booked my holiday for Friday 23rd to Sep 7th. Gave no thought to the significance of the dates.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #80 on: August 21, 2013, 04:49 PM »

You have my sympathy with that. Chest infections are no fun. I haven't had one for a while, a few years, but they can knock you around. Get plenty of rest, we all need to be fighting fit. We've got a major in front of us Smile.

Speaking of the majors and dodgy health, I'm going to have to watch yet another tournament with no voice! I really do think my throat might be trying to kill me. Does it not realise how stressful matches can be when you can't vent the emotions out by yelling obscenities at Andy's oppponents/certain commentators/random things that just get on your nerves during tournaments!

Aww thanks, unfortunately it's my own fault as i'm a smoker but yeah like i said, i'm so glad it was this week, being ill during a tournament is something i've not yet had the displeasure of experiencing. Regarding your voice, didn't you have the same issue last year when Andy won the USO? maybe it's karma if it was Smile
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #81 on: August 21, 2013, 05:14 PM »

Aww thanks, unfortunately it's my own fault as i'm a smoker but yeah like i said, i'm so glad it was this week, being ill during a tournament is something i've not yet had the displeasure of experiencing. Regarding your voice, didn't you have the same issue last year when Andy won the USO? maybe it's karma if it was Smile

Ooh, stop smoking, it does you no good at all Smile. I've never smoked, wouldn't dare, with my iffy circulation due to my disability and also my dodgy throat - seriously, I may be a physical wreck! One of these days I'll probably drop dead during a tournament from the stress! Please God, not until I get to see Andy win at least 5 more majors!

Well remembered about my voice, but it was during the Olympics, not the USO. Either way we'll consider it good karma for Andy. I like to think it serves a purpose other than being a bloody nuisance Smile. I get the throat issue at least three times a year every year to be honest, but if it helps Andy it's okay Smile.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #82 on: August 21, 2013, 06:47 PM »

Going to miss the whole bloody thing. Booked my holiday for Friday 23rd to Sep 7th. Gave no thought to the significance of the dates.
How could you grab?  shocking

TJ thought exactly the same about that clip of Andy - so much more fluent and assured than he used to be.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #83 on: August 21, 2013, 06:50 PM »

fool Nige, your a Richard head.....but then again family hols come first.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #84 on: August 21, 2013, 06:50 PM »

IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #85 on: August 21, 2013, 07:16 PM »

^ I like, very much!  Thanks.  Smile
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #86 on: August 21, 2013, 07:21 PM »

Thanks gansta! Yeh agree with you girls about how self assured Andy is in interviews. Its like he's knows he belongs now. i think he knows he got this, he clearly was using montreal, cincy as warmup events and is not in the slightest bit concerned he didnt do better in one of them. just conserving energy ready to peak at the right time. Maybe Mr Nadal has peaked too early....Whistle
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #87 on: August 21, 2013, 07:24 PM »

Just love the guy's total 'honesty'  tender
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #88 on: August 21, 2013, 07:39 PM »

Hi guys! wave Finally back from holidays and been catching up on some of what I've missed Smile

Found Nial Smith's latest Andy offering

^Posted yesterday.

Get your act together Markus.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #89 on: August 21, 2013, 08:42 PM »

I still think Nial Smith's work would make fabulous posters. The new one is gorgeous. It's so subtle, but very effective.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 25 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »