Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at US Open 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 25 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at US Open 2013

(Read 15647 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #210 on: August 24, 2013, 03:13 AM »

Andy has slipped from outright favourite to 3rd favourite in the last few weeks. Disappointing but its a combination of Nadal's sensational form and a very poor couple of tournaments by Andy.

Skybet odds to win US Open

Nadal  7/4
Joker   9/4
Andy   7/2
Fed    11/1
DelPo 11/1
Berditch   40/1
Good!  It might take some of the pressure off him.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #211 on: August 24, 2013, 03:16 AM »

He was 3rd favourite last year.  Fingers crossed that it's a good sign.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #212 on: August 24, 2013, 03:38 AM »

Off the topic..... but ......PLEASE!!.... can someone sew Pam Shrivers bottom lip to her top one?... it is for the betterment of society's mental state.

“In Scotland, I think he’s probably the greatest athlete times four,” Shriver, an American, said of Murray. “I don’t think he’s looking to be the way Djokovic is with the personality, dancing with the crowd or the impersonations. That will never be Andy Murray.”

Patronizing cow.

Im pretty sure Fed and Djoko are the most successful sportspeople in their respective countries ...

Also pretty sure these scottish sportsfolks did not too shabby either Wee Pammy....

Athletics....Allan Wells, Liz McClogan, Eric Liddell
Boxing....Benny Lynch, Ken Buchanan, Jim Watt
Darts ...Jocky Wilson
Golf....Colin Montgomerie, Sandy Lyle, Paul Lawrie
Racing....Jim Clark, Jackie Stewart, David Coulthard
Swimming.....Jack Waldrop, David Wilkie, Ian Black, Ellen King
Snooker....Stephen Hendry
Cycling .... Chris Hoy

and of course
Tennis....Andy Murray.....

+ others ...
[ Last edit by ABF August 24, 2013, 03:47 AM ] IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #213 on: August 24, 2013, 03:46 AM »

Unsure of what was patronizing there.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #214 on: August 24, 2013, 03:57 AM »

Unsure of what was patronizing there.

no worries.... any good at sewing?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #215 on: August 24, 2013, 11:17 AM »

Off the topic..... but ......PLEASE!!.... can someone sew Pam Shrivers bottom lip to her top one?... it is for the betterment of society's mental state.

“In Scotland, I think he’s probably the greatest athlete times four,” Shriver, an American, said of Murray. “I don’t think he’s looking to be the way Djokovic is with the personality, dancing with the crowd or the impersonations. That will never be Andy Murray.”

Patronizing cow.

Im pretty sure Fed and Djoko are the most successful sportspeople in their respective countries ...

Also pretty sure these scottish sportsfolks did not too shabby either Wee Pammy....

Darts ...Jocky Wilson
Cycling .... Chris Hoy

and of course

+ others ...
I see what you mean ABF! Good post......but naw, don't even ask.....I'm rubbish wi' a needle! Wee dab o' Locktite might dae the trick though!  Wink
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #216 on: August 24, 2013, 12:35 PM »

I've decided I'm not going to worry too much about this tournament! The pressure to win a slam is now off Andy, so I figure it ought to be off me too! I've every confidence Mr. Lendl will make sure Andy knows just what he has to do, to give himself the best chance.......so I'm determined to just relax and enjoy it.......[says she]! Rolling Eyes Seriously though, I think as long as he can get through the early rounds unscathed and I think he will this time, he has a better chance of winning than anyone, but as long as he does his best, I won't be heartbroken if he doesn't, because I doubt he will be! He'd be disappointed of course, but  nowhere near as badly, as in his pre slam days! What I want for him is to 'enjoy' his tennis, so that's what I'll try and do too! If I was a gambler........my money would be on Mr. Magic!  Wink
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #217 on: August 24, 2013, 12:48 PM »

like your philosophy Caz but somehow I fear I'm a bit like a Pavlovian dog once Andy starts playing in a slam - emotional roller coaster time  w00t
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #218 on: August 24, 2013, 01:08 PM »

^^Strangely, Caz and Ruthie, I agree with both of you ! Very Happy
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #219 on: August 24, 2013, 01:21 PM »

I've decided I'm not going to worry too much about this tournament! The pressure to win a slam is now off Andy, so I figure it ought to be off me too! I've every confidence Mr. Lendl will make sure Andy knows just what he has to do, to give himself the best chance.......so I'm determined to just relax and enjoy it.......[says she]! Rolling Eyes Seriously though, I think as long as he can get through the early rounds unscathed and I think he will this time, he has a better chance of winning than anyone, but as long as he does his best, I won't be heartbroken if he doesn't, because I doubt he will be! He'd be disappointed of course, but  nowhere near as badly, as in his pre slam days! What I want for him is to 'enjoy' his tennis, so that's what I'll try and do too! If I was a gambler........my money would be on Mr. Magic!  Wink
To be honest Caz, I think the people on here who take it most personally when Andy loses are the gamblers.  Hence their disproportionate outrage.  If he plays his game, I'm there watching.  I think he has a strong chance this time round and look forward to him beating Rafa.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #220 on: August 24, 2013, 01:30 PM »

^^Strangely, Caz and Ruthie, I agree with both of you ! Very Happy

Me too - the rational part of my brain knows realistically he can't win every slam and there is no pressure as he has now won two and is a 2013 slam winner so enjoy, aim to win but if someone else better on the day then that's all part of the grand plan.  ... then our man steps on court ... and I soooo want him to win!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #221 on: August 24, 2013, 01:40 PM »

like your philosophy Caz but somehow I fear I'm a bit like a Pavlovian dog once Andy starts playing in a slam - emotional roller coaster time  w00t
Don't worry Ruthie........I intend to come back and read my post like a mantra every morning....just to remind myself!  w00t
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #222 on: August 24, 2013, 01:43 PM »

To be honest Caz, I think the people on here who take it most personally when Andy loses are the gamblers.  Hence their disproportionate outrage.  If he plays his game, I'm there watching.  I think he has a strong chance this time round and look forward to him beating Rafa.
I think you're right Circe, and I'm looking forward to seeing him beat Rafa too!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #223 on: August 24, 2013, 03:55 PM »

Patronizing cow.

Darts ...Jocky Wilson
Cycling .... Chris Hoy

and of course

+ others ...

To be honest, and I'm never one to hold back with leaping to Andy's defence, I don't really see what Pam Shriver has said that is apparently so awful.

Andy will probably never be a Djokovic in that messing about sort of way, but really, would we want him to be? Personally, every time Djokovic does a ridiculous dancy thing, or puts on a daft mask, costume or whatever, I think he makes a right pillock of himself and I want to punch him. I'm all for a laugh, don't get me wrong, but personally I don't see what is so endearing about it. Personally I think it's pathetic and a wee bit desperate, a bit like he's juming up and down with his hands in the air, begging the crowds to like him.

The thing with what Shriver said is that she used the word personality. Some will leap on that assume she's suggesting Andy doesn't have one, but that isn't what she's saying at all to my mind.

As for the bit about Djokovic and Federer, in their own countries she's probably right. Name me another Swiss sportsperson who has done anything remotely like Federer has (by the way, I hate sounding like I'm complimenting the odious, vile, cretin of a man) and name me another Serbian who has ever done anything, with all due respect to Serbians.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #224 on: August 24, 2013, 04:11 PM »

World Rally Champion : Colin McRae came 3rd in 1995 SPOTY!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 25 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »