Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at US Open 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at US Open 2013

(Read 13164 times)
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #315 on: August 31, 2013, 10:19 AM »

Watching Greg get on his high horse has been as entertaining as the tennis. Love hearing folk stick up for Andy.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #316 on: August 31, 2013, 10:36 AM »

Watching Greg get on his high horse has been as entertaining as the tennis. Love hearing folk stick up for Andy.

I'm not always Greg's biggest fan, but I think he's been brilliant this week. I like people who stick their necks out and tell it like it is. I could have kissed him when he said Andy should never have been on Armstrong. He was absolutely right.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #317 on: August 31, 2013, 11:19 AM »

Couldn't agree with you more Westie and Teejay-I'm not always a fan of either Greg or Marcus,but it's been lovely to hear them this week,insisting Andy be treated with the same respect as the other members of the Big Four,and protesting when he hasn't been.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #318 on: August 31, 2013, 11:54 AM »

Dani I think Marcus has stirred it a bit this week. I suppose he's tried to play devil's advocate at times, with various degrees of success. Greg has clearly been fuming on Andy's behalf and hasn't even tried to cover it. I like that. I like the way Greg has merely asked for Andy to be shown respect. It's not too much to ask really.

Must also say I thought Petch was really good last night in commentary. I think you tend to be able to tell with Petch how nervy things are. His exhuberance during the Lopez match last year, on the same court, gave away that it was a nervy encounter. Last night I think he caught the feel of the match well, but also came over as sounding pretty assured that Andy would come through. He was proved right.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #319 on: August 31, 2013, 11:56 AM »

Canadianski is not a bad fella after all. Always liked Bucklands presenting, a true professional, knowledgeable, and well presented. I like Shiras and Peter Flemming, but I am indifferent about the rest of the Sky Sports team... I prefer Petchey when he's commentating non Andy matches.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #320 on: August 31, 2013, 04:05 PM »

Armstrong is such a fast court it obviously helped Mayer who was set on hammering every shot. I think Andy would have won in straight sets had it been on Ashe.

As I predicted Delpo hasn't been a threat here. Its unbelievable how inconsistent he is. He looked back to his best at Indian Wells and at Wimbledon but you just can't rely on him performing at any tournament.
IP Logged
myren
Junior

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #321 on: August 31, 2013, 11:38 PM »

Schedule is out for tomorrow.  Andy is on Arthur Ashe not before 1.00 pm EST. 
Novak on Ashe at 7.00pm EST.  Meanwhile Berdych is on Grandstand at 11.00amEST
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #322 on: September 01, 2013, 01:41 PM »

The biggest threat to Andy before the semi is from Berdych. I hope Stan can take him out in the 4th round. Stan has a 6-5 H2H on Berdych! Whereas Andy has an 8-5 H2H on Stan, 6-2 on hard.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #323 on: September 01, 2013, 01:44 PM »

H2H is useful, historical information, but I'm not sure you can put too much on it, to be honest.  Each tournament and each match isn't going to be the same as the previous one.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #324 on: September 01, 2013, 01:48 PM »

The biggest threat to Andy before the semi is from Berdych. I hope Stan can take him out in the 4th round. Stan has a 6-5 H2H on Berdych! Whereas Andy has an 8-5 H2H on Stan, 6-2 on hard.

The problem is that Stan hasn't exactly set the world alight since the clay. He might come over all inspired against Berdych, but I have a feeling Berdych will get through. Stan will now prove me wrong Smile.

I think, assuming they both get there, Andy will be all right against Berdych. It might be a four setter, but in a slam, especially one that isn't RG, I'd fancy Andy. Andy did beat him last year and it wasn't all due to the wind. Then again, should Berdych feel the urge to go out before the quarter finals, that would be fine.

I still think an opponent of Berdy's needs to stand on the baseline and yell 'DJOKOVIC!'. They should definitely give it a go Smile.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #325 on: September 01, 2013, 02:10 PM »

I to think it very poor organisation when Andy had to wait until Wednesday to play his first match. Again it smacks of preferential treatment towards the number 7 seed and Rafa.After all Andy is the current US Open champion. He should also be playing night matches I get quite annoyed about his treatment. The organisers should be more fair in their treatment of Andy. Lendl was quite correct to complain about it.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #326 on: September 01, 2013, 05:59 PM »

I know Fed is who he is, but Berdych and Ferrer must feel a bit put out, higher seeds made to play on the outside course while Fed gets the night slot on Ashe - where's the fairness in that?
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #327 on: September 01, 2013, 06:07 PM »

I know Fed is who he is, but Berdych and Ferrer must feel a bit put out, higher seeds made to play on the outside course while Fed gets the night slot on Ashe - where's the fairness in that?
It's not fair - and shame on the idiots who schedule, but it's all about money.  Still - I expect the tennis to do the talking.  
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #328 on: September 01, 2013, 07:48 PM »

So it's Berdych or Wawrinka in the QF for Andy. Neither good for him!
[ Last edit by laundry September 01, 2013, 07:58 PM ] IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #329 on: September 01, 2013, 09:12 PM »

So it's Berdych or Wawrinka in the QF for Andy. Neither good for him!
Either is fine.  It turns out to be Berdych.  No worries.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »