Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at US Open 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at US Open 2013

(Read 14378 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #330 on: September 01, 2013, 09:22 PM »

I'd prefer Wawrinka because I like him. Andy has a good record over Stan on hard too. Someone mentioned that the other day.

I still think Andy would deal with Berdych in a best of five on anything but clay. He did last year and went on to win the tourney.

Either one, preferably Stan, but bring it on because Andy looks up for a fight now.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #331 on: September 01, 2013, 11:45 PM »

I'd prefer Wawrinka because I like him. Andy has a good record over Stan on hard too. Someone mentioned that the other day.

I still think Andy would deal with Berdych in a best of five on anything but clay. He did last year and went on to win the tourney.

Either one, preferably Stan, but bring it on because Andy looks up for a fight now.

I like Stan too, they have my permission though to beat each other to death over 5 grueling sets that lasts over 4 hours Smile
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #332 on: September 01, 2013, 11:54 PM »

I like Stan too, they have my permission though to beat each other to death over 5 grueling sets that lasts over 4 hours Smile

Excellent plan
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #333 on: September 02, 2013, 12:03 AM »

I'd prefer Berdych. I like Andy matches when he gets high level opposition to test him.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #334 on: September 02, 2013, 12:05 AM »

I'd prefer Berdych. I like Andy matches when he gets high level opposition to test him.

Djokovic in the SF,and if he gets past him,most probably Nadal in the Final will be plenty high level opposition for my nerves to handle! Very Happy
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #335 on: September 02, 2013, 01:34 AM »

Berdych v Wawrinka could be a very close match... and hopefully a long one at that.

Both have given Andy problems before ...Berdych still believes Andy only beat him at the USopen last year because of the conditions..he has stated as much in the media.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #336 on: September 02, 2013, 01:48 AM »

Berdych v Wawrinka could be a very close match... and hopefully a long one at that.

Both have given Andy problems before ...Berdych still believes Andy only beat him at the USopen last year because of the conditions..he has stated as much in the media.

Berdych can think what he likes, i wonder what his excuse was then when he lost to Andy in the WTF last year where there are no conditions.

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #337 on: September 02, 2013, 08:24 AM »

Yes!

You're right as well, Berdych can think what he likes. Andy beat him three times last year. They weren't all in the wind.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #338 on: September 02, 2013, 08:31 AM »

Well tennis players need to be able to deal with 'conditions' so it just shows up the limitations of his game if he can't, and Andy's versatility that he can.  Never really forgave Stan for the way he got in Andy's face that year he beat him at USO so not that keen on either of them tbh.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #339 on: September 02, 2013, 05:02 PM »

Well tennis players need to be able to deal with 'conditions' so it just shows up the limitations of his game if he can't, and Andy's versatility that he can.  Never really forgave Stan for the way he got in Andy's face that year he beat him at USO so not that keen on either of them tbh.

Yeah I agree... its a reflection of skill level dealing with conditions. Berdych just believes that he was hard done by... tho Id say that it is just sour grapes from him...he lost and it is not the only time Andy has beaten him. That said...Berdych is a threat to Andy... Andy struggles with his game style... best of 5 I fancy Andy to win because of Berdych's inability to focus over long duration matches. He tends to capitulate. I dont like Berdych or Wawrinka but on their day ..are tough opponents for Andy.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #340 on: September 02, 2013, 05:35 PM »

Why do you hate players for silly reasons?
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #341 on: September 02, 2013, 06:17 PM »

Berdych would of bent over like cheap tent in a final against Nole.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #342 on: September 02, 2013, 06:21 PM »

I have just read a post by someone on Yahoo.  They have said that Andy cannot be regarded as one of the top players as he only has a limited game and only 2 GS.  He is not as good as wait for it Ferrer, Berdych and some one called Jean.  They also mention Djo, Fed and Nadal.   I really wonder where they come from.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #343 on: September 02, 2013, 06:36 PM »

I have just read a post by someone on Yahoo.  They have said that Andy cannot be regarded as one of the top players as he only has a limited game and only 2 GS.  He is not as good as wait for it Ferrer, Berdych and some one called Jean.  They also mention Djo, Fed and Nadal.   I really wonder where they come from.

Haha Andy has a limited game? people like that are clueless, possibly just trolling, anyone with a modicum of tennis knowledge would know that Andy's game is not limited, and to compare it to someone like Berdych is hilarious, Berdych now there's a guy with a limited game, big serve, hit everything flat and as hard as possible and that's about it.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #344 on: September 02, 2013, 07:24 PM »

I thought you would find it amusing.  I have two friends who say his game is boring.  One of them has completely changed her mid since the Wimbledon match.  I do wonder if they have ever watched one of his matches properly.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »