Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at US Open 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at US Open 2013

(Read 13846 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #360 on: September 06, 2013, 09:21 AM »

There goes player of the year

But guess who wins moron of the year.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #361 on: September 06, 2013, 09:55 AM »

As some say on here Andy has yet to come down from his Wimbledon win, motivation or what ever. He'll be fine for Australian Open. I think he'll be all out for that one next!

Look at his record this year it's been even more successfull than last year 4 wins so far including 1 GS, 1 x 1000 masters, won everything on grass, and runner up at Aus Open. He is not done yet, the Davis Cup (playing in a team) will re-motivate him for the Aisia swing. Like he said 'you can't win everything' unless your Nadal!
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #362 on: September 06, 2013, 10:28 PM »

A pretty good example of Djoko press showing empathy towards Andy combined with an ambiguous dig at the end...

http://www1.skysports.com/tennis/news/12110/8909401?
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #363 on: September 06, 2013, 11:10 PM »

A pretty good example of Djoko press showing empathy towards Andy combined with an ambiguous dig at the end...

I can't remember who said it, i think it was Johhny Mac but whoever it was stated that Andy had got used to losing slam finals, now he has to get used to winning them, once he gets that into his head, he should be able to take slam wins in his stride, winning is perpetual, eventually.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #364 on: September 06, 2013, 11:21 PM »

I read this elsewhere and thought it was quite nice. Then I read the dig at the end and just rolled my eyes. Well, he would have a pop, wouldn't he.

The one thing that really struck me was Djokovic saying he knows how Andy feels. He does in the sense he knows how tough winning slams is. What Djokovic does not understand, neither Nadal or Federer either for that matter, is what it is like to have a home slam and be the one realistic chance your country has in 8 decades to win it. None of those three know what it is like to win a home slam. None of them have experienced that.

Djokovic also went three years between his first and second slams. Andy has won two and reached the final of another within a year. It's happened so fast for Andy it's no wonder he's feeling it a bit.

Djokovic is trying to relate in this, which I appreciate, but to be honest he can't, not quite. I'll overlook the dig and try to see it as just another head game.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #365 on: September 07, 2013, 12:37 AM »

I read this elsewhere and thought it was quite nice. Then I read the dig at the end and just rolled my eyes. Well, he would have a pop, wouldn't he.

The one thing that really struck me was Djokovic saying he knows how Andy feels. He does in the sense he knows how tough winning slams is. What Djokovic does not understand, neither Nadal or Federer either for that matter, is what it is like to have a home slam and be the one realistic chance your country has in 8 decades to win it. None of those three know what it is like to win a home slam. None of them have experienced that.

Djokovic also went three years between his first and second slams. Andy has won two and reached the final of another within a year. It's happened so fast for Andy it's no wonder he's feeling it a bit.

Djokovic is trying to relate in this, which I appreciate, but to be honest he can't, not quite. I'll overlook the dig and try to see it as just another head game.

Yeah.... I just read it and laughed. They are all at it.... trying to make the other top guys feel a sense of insecurity.

Nothing compares to the pressure Andy was under to win a home slam ...especially when 'home' tennis players have truly sucked for decades. That last game I can't imagine the pressure... such a fine line between an epic win and a potential epic colapse. If Andy had lost that last game .... he would have felt like disappearing.

Djoko , lately, has been showing signs of the paranoid ... especially with Nadal resurgency and being beaten in straight sets by Andy
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #366 on: September 08, 2013, 05:17 PM »

I am glad Andy won Wimbledon but I truly think it took a lot out of him emotionally and it will be a while for it all to sink in. He will come good but it may take a little time I am sure he will play well in Australia. As for Djokovic and Nadal I think it will be a dog fight I don't think there is much love lost there. I think Nadal has become a bit arrogant and there are a lot of questions to be answered about his (Revival) something stinks.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #367 on: September 08, 2013, 05:40 PM »

Djoko , lately, has been showing signs of the paranoid ... especially with Nadal resurgency and being beaten in straight sets by Andy
It does look desperate that he hired Ivan's old coach to help him counter new Andy.  It softened the blow somewhat of Andy's early exit that it was for nothing, lol. lol
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #368 on: September 08, 2013, 06:02 PM »

I have issues with the guy, but I will cut him a bit of slack for the moment. He was desperate to get a medal for Serbia in the Olympics, and probably felt he should have got the Gold, then there was the ignominy of the straight sets defeat at Wimbledon by the same guy.  Not to mention the resurgence of Kneedal. I imagine his feathers are seriously ruffled at the moment.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy at US Open 2013 « Reply #369 on: September 08, 2013, 06:12 PM »

I have issues with the guy, but I will cut him a bit of slack for the moment. He was desperate to get a medal for Serbia in the Olympics, and probably felt he should have got the Gold, then there was the ignominy of the straight sets defeat at Wimbledon by the same guy.  Not to mention the resurgence of Kneedal. I imagine his feathers are seriously ruffled at the moment.

I'm not even going to challenge this comment, because you'll get all defensive and arrogant again, but what do you dislike about Djokovic?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »