Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Wimbledon 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Wimbledon 2011

(Read 4730 times)
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #135 on: June 20, 2011, 02:49 PM »

Today I saw a surprisingly nice comment from Fed.  He thinks it would be good if Muzza won this year.  Where on earth did that come from?
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #136 on: June 20, 2011, 03:20 PM »

Brad Gilbert is a great fan of Andy, McEnroe...hmmm surprised, but I like it.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #137 on: June 24, 2011, 09:13 AM »

I picked up a Times on the train going down to London this week and they had an interesting page comparing key stats for the top 4 from Wimby 2010.
Andy comes out top on: aces, service winners, double faults (ie lowest), 1st serve points won, fastest serve.
His weakest score is % 1st serves in.  He is 2nd worst on unforced errors with Nole worst by a long way (though probably looks very different this year)
Fed scores lowest on % break points won - 36% to Andy's 39%  with Nole at 41% and Rafa at 45% so Andy doesn't show up as badly on this indicator as a previous thread (which I couldn't find just now) seemed to suggest.
Can't post the link because the Times operates a pay wall.
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #138 on: June 24, 2011, 09:26 AM »

Brad Gilbert is a great fan of Andy, McEnroe...hmmm surprised, but I like it.
I don't know if you watch the interview show on the red button with McEnroe and Tim, McEnroe was asked which of the current players is the most like him and he said it was Andy, because of the way he keeps mixing up his shots etc. I think that was a very good compliment.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #139 on: June 24, 2011, 11:10 AM »

I don't know if you watch the interview show on the red button with McEnroe and Tim, McEnroe was asked which of the current players is the most like him and he said it was Andy, because of the way he keeps mixing up his shots etc. I think that was a very good compliment.
Biggest compliment possible in my book.  I've often thought it myself though would be even more so if Andy came to the net more - where he can perform wonders like Johnnie Mac.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #140 on: June 24, 2011, 12:08 PM »

Am I right in thinking the All England Committee is rotating Andy's matches between Centre and Number One? That would mean his QF (assuming he gets there) will be on Centre, right?

This is important to me cos I've got Centre Court tickets for Wednesday.
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #141 on: June 24, 2011, 12:12 PM »

Am I right in thinking the All England Committee is rotating Andy's matches between Centre and Number One? That would mean his QF (assuming he gets there) will be on Centre, right?

They won't be alternating from the 4R, so they'll take the bigger match.

They stick one match from each half in the QF, so it'll either be Murray or Nadal.

They put Murray v Tsonga over Nadal v Soderling last year, so if Berdych and Roddick both get there I'd assume Murray will be on centre, but if Roddick loses early Nadal will be on centre.
[ Last edit by Lurking June 24, 2011, 12:19 PM ] IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #142 on: June 24, 2011, 12:16 PM »

Probably depends on the lineup ...
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #143 on: June 24, 2011, 12:28 PM »

They won't be alternating from the 4R, so they'll take the bigger match.

They stick one match from each half in the QF, so it'll either be Murray or Nadal.

They put Murray v Tsonga over Nadal v Soderling last year, so if Berdych and Roddick both get there I'd assume Murray will be on centre, but if Roddick loses early Nadal will be on centre.

So you think if Murray's playing anyone other than Roddick in the QF that they'll put him on Number One and Nadal on Centre?
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #144 on: June 24, 2011, 12:37 PM »

Someone out here ... Lurking - you always know the answers.

What is the situation re playing the men's semis.  Are they both played on Centre?  If so what time do they start?  Did they play one on Centre last year and the other on #1 Court or am I not remembering that correctly?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #145 on: June 24, 2011, 12:42 PM »

I hope you get to see him Nigel, and if anyone shouts for Tim, give 'im a black eye! Andy seems to need all the support he can get at the moment!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #146 on: June 24, 2011, 12:44 PM »

What is the situation re playing the men's semis.  Are they both played on Centre?  If so what time do they start?  Did they play one on Centre last year and the other on #1 Court or am I not remembering that correctly?

Men's semis are both on Centre. All the slams do this. I think they start at 1pm.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #147 on: June 24, 2011, 12:46 PM »

Men's semis are both on Centre. All the slams do this.

Supposing they are both 5 hours each  fainting
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #148 on: June 24, 2011, 12:59 PM »

Well, they have until 11pm. Well, that's if it rains.
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #149 on: June 24, 2011, 01:01 PM »

What is the situation re playing the men's semis.  Are they both played on Centre?  If so what time do they start?  Did they play one on Centre last year and the other on #1 Court or am I not remembering that correctly?

Both on Centre. Murray would be on second because of the BBC.

So you think if Murray's playing anyone other than Roddick in the QF that they'll put him on Number One and Nadal on Centre?

I'd say it's unlikely they'll be a scenario when Murray has the better match than Nadal if Roddick fails.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »