Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Wimbledon 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 18 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Andy at Wimbledon 2012  (Read 7164 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #30 on: June 20, 2012, 08:32 PM »

^Grasshopper still in training Smile
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #31 on: June 20, 2012, 08:36 PM »

Oh yes but iv got high hopes for you.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #32 on: June 20, 2012, 08:38 PM »

^I've had enough of IV's in my time... but that's another thread Smile
[ Last edit by scotnadian June 20, 2012, 08:43 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #33 on: June 20, 2012, 09:08 PM »

I've got a good feeling about this Wimbledon... think Andy is going to surprise us all.

Andy + Underdog + Home = WIN.

Mark finally figured out the winning formula, eh? It's about time. :p
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #34 on: June 20, 2012, 09:25 PM »

Aggasi is on radio 5 live talking about Wimbers and oor Andy at 9.30 if any one is interested .
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #35 on: June 20, 2012, 09:29 PM »

Don't think my antennae will pick that up from this distance..
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #36 on: June 20, 2012, 10:47 PM »

You know living in the US for the last year has made me realize how garbage our British press is. Surfing online tonight I have found about six or seven articles that have went out of their way just to have a good kick at Andy for no reason other than spite.

Here in the US they not only get behind their sports stars they also don't try to make them out to look bad in every bloody story.

Another thing why do all these ex players think they can run there mouths like Navaratilova, Jonny Mac and Wade. The crap they come out with is unreal, the only one that has had a decent word about Andy has been Agassi.
IP Logged
BigNose
Challenger Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #37 on: June 20, 2012, 11:29 PM »

I see Martina Navratolova agrees with my assessment that Andy has  no chance of winning Wimbledon this year (even McEnroe thinks the gap is widening between the top 3 and the rest). She evens says Henman had a better chance than Andy because Tim had less competition. I hope Andy is reading these comments from top former pros and I hope it makes him extra-motivated. Come on Andy, surprise them all!
IP Logged
BigNose
Challenger Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #38 on: June 20, 2012, 11:32 PM »

Another thing why do all these ex players think they can run there mouths like Navaratilova, Jonny Mac and Wade. The crap they come out with is unreal, the only one that has had a decent word about Andy has been Agassi.

Err...sometimes truth hurts. They can run their mouths because they are tennis legends and know what the hell they are talking about.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #39 on: June 20, 2012, 11:44 PM »

Err...sometimes truth hurts. They can run their mouths because they are tennis legends and know what the hell they are talking about.

So you think Andy has no chance of winning Wimbledon... oh sorry why should he show up, oh I guess we should all just skip the next fortnight then and so should Andy. Maybe he should take up bowls for the next 2 weeks as obviously the world number 4 has no chance of of winning SW19. naughty lame

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #40 on: June 21, 2012, 12:14 AM »

You know living in the US for the last year has made me realize how garbage our British press is. Surfing online tonight I have found about six or seven articles that have went out of their way just to have a good kick at Andy for no reason other than spite.

Here in the US they not only get behind their sports stars they also don't try to make them out to look bad in every bloody story.

These ex players can't be trusted. That's how I see things. A person who resorts to sarcasm first can't be trusted. I do like Jonny Mac's commentary simply because he's pretty good at the technical stuff. He only gives his opinion about a player when someone else brings it up. I don't like women comms to begin with but if I am forced to pick one then it would always be Mary Jo Fernandez, but she only does courtside interview/commentary. What I like about her is that she's pretty positive about players in general and that's how it should be. If not, then the least you can do is be constructive.

But UK itself is pretty bad when it comes to Andy. It basically allows or opens the door for others to criticize Andy. They can easily appreciate Andy for being one of the top players for a number of years and holding on his own so far, but they'd rather show their true mean self instead.

I can tell you that you can easily trust a guy like Courier and if Sampras were a comm, you could have easily trusted him as well.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #41 on: June 21, 2012, 12:24 AM »

I see Martina Navratolova agrees with my assessment that Andy has  no chance of winning Wimbledon this year (even McEnroe thinks the gap is widening between the top 3 and the rest). She evens says Henman had a better chance than Andy because Tim had less competition. I hope Andy is reading these comments from top former pros and I hope it makes him extra-motivated. Come on Andy, surprise them all!

Your assessment, BigNose is simply based on what Andy has done so far. He's made three semi finals at Wimbledon, so you predict he'd make yet another semi here and wouldn't go beyond that. And I am sure next year before AO, you'd say the best Andy could do here is to make yet another final at best and that's it. And since he hasn't won any Slams yet, it's easy to predict that he wouldn't win any this year either. And if things were to change this year, then I am sure you would change your prediction as well, so I am not seeing anything outstanding about it, really.

And if you take Navratilova's prediction then I should let you know that there are others who believe Andy would win a Slam this year. Samrpas, Brad, Mary Jo to name a few. Why should anyone take Navratilova's prediction so seriously? If anything, she's simply stating what has happened so far - like you.

And why surprise them, really? Don't you think, you would be the most surprised? I bet.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #42 on: June 21, 2012, 12:25 AM »

I get annoyed as Andy's got enough on his plate with the British press without the ex pro's giving easy paper headlines.

My choice of Commentators are individuals who are or were recently still involved in the game at tour level. Martina or McEnroe have not been playing or coaching for some time now and you can tell they don't keep up with the sport apart from the Grand Slams with some of their interpretations of some of the lower ranked players.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #43 on: June 21, 2012, 12:26 AM »

Your assessment, BigNose is simply based on what Andy has done so far. He's made three semi finals at Wimbledon, so you predict he'd make yet another semi here and wouldn't go beyond that. And I am sure next year before AO, you'd say the best Andy could do here is to make yet another final at best and that's it. And since he hasn't won any Slams yet, it's easy to predict that he wouldn't win any this year either. And if things were to change this year, then I am sure you would change your prediction as well, so I am not seeing anything outstanding about it, really.

And if you take Navratilova's prediction then I should let you know that there are others who believe Andy would win a Slam this year. Samrpas, Brad, Mary Jo to name a few. Why should anyone take Navratilova's prediction so seriously? If anything, she's simply stating what has happened so far - like you.

And why surprise them, really? Don't you think, you would be the most surprised? I bet.

Well said Emma.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #44 on: June 21, 2012, 12:47 AM »

A person who resorts to sarcasm first can't be trusted.
Andy loves sarcasm and is sarcastic himself (0:56), so therefore cannot be trusted then, eh?. Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 18 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »