Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Wimbledon 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 18 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Wimbledon 2012

(Read 7744 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #60 on: June 21, 2012, 11:55 AM »

Andy called up to Team GB's tennis squad - surprise inclusion.  Whistle

Anyone else feel a bit sombre when they realise that Andy is maybe going to be playing for 5/6 years more? I remember when he was 18/19 like it was yesterday. Frown
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #61 on: June 21, 2012, 11:55 AM »

Well guys not long to go now! As you know I will be supporting Roger as ever but I am a tennis fan first and foremost and I do believe that Murray is too good a player not to win a major title.

I personally feel he can beat anyone in the world but to win Wimbledon crazy as it sounds I feel the tougher the draw the better for Murray from what I have seen of him hen seems to relish playing guys he knows are tough and he should struggle with he rarely does!

In Australia Monfils and Tsonga crashed out of course that was no fault of Murray but had that not happened in my opinion the result may well have been different with Novak in the semis and that match was still as close as it gets.

So to all you Murray fans I don't think you should view the draw tomorrow with fear or trepidation I would be wishing for someone like Berdych in his quarter a guy he's struggled with that he's well capable of beating great players rise to the challenge and being faced with such a challenge I believe will bring out the best in Murray.

I expect he will comfortably make the semis and won't rule out further hopefully we can have a Roger v Murray final :-)

Mod NoticeMerged topics.
[ Last edit by Mark June 21, 2012, 07:18 PM ] IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #62 on: June 21, 2012, 11:58 AM »

Well guys not long to go now! As you know I will be supporting Roger as ever but I am a tennis fan first and foremost and I do believe that Murray is too good a player not to win a major title.

I personally feel he can beat anyone in the world but to win Wimbledon crazy as it sounds I feel the tougher the draw the better for Murray from what I have seen of him hen seems to relish playing guys he knows are tough and he should struggle with he rarely does!

In Australia Monfils and Tsonga crashed out of course that was no fault of Murray but had that not happened in my opinion the result may well have been different with Novak in the semis and that match was still as close as it gets.

So to all you Murray fans I don't think you should view the draw tomorrow with fear or trepidation I would be wishing for someone like Berdych in his quarter a guy he's struggled with that he's well capable of beating great players rise to the challenge and being faced with such a challenge I believe will bring out the best in Murray.

I expect he will comfortably make the semis and won't rule out further hopefully we can have a Roger v Murray final :-)

Balanced post. Smile

As long as he avoids Nadal in the semi-finals, he has vanquished Murray three times here at the semi-final stage.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #63 on: June 21, 2012, 12:06 PM »

1.He needs to not let his anxiety cripple him at the start of matches.

2.Use his forehand more like a weapon like he did against Gasquet. 

3.Hope his back holds up.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #64 on: June 21, 2012, 12:14 PM »

1) Novak Djokovic

2) Rafael Nadal

3) Roger Federer

4) Andy Murray

5) Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

6) Tomas Berdych

7) David Ferrer

8) Janko Tipsarevic

9) Juan Martin Del Potro

10) Mardy Fish

11) John Isner

12) Nicolás Almagro

13) Gilles Simon

14 Feliciano López

15) Juan Mónaco

16) Marin Cilic

Draw is made tomorrow, folks. My loins are twitching, Wimbledon is just a few days away.

Murray will get someone in the 13-16 bracket for his R16 match, and 5-8 bracket for the QFs. I really think Cilic is the danger in the 13-16 bracket, he played well last week at Queens. Monaco is extremely poor on this surface. Lopez has the big leftie serve, and nice touch at the net, but Murray dismantled him here last year.

One of the top four is going to be drawn against Roddick for a potential R3 match. I actually hope it's Murray who gets him. Roast duck served to the Centre Court crowd, mmm.

One potentially dangerous unseeded player is David Nalbandian - but it's only the linejudges who need look out for him.

IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #65 on: June 21, 2012, 12:21 PM »

One potentially dangerous unseeded player is David Nalbandian - but it's only the linejudges who need look out for him.

lol
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #66 on: June 21, 2012, 12:31 PM »

Forgetting all of the technical stuff for the moment.
He just needs to believe,
Believe, Believe, Believe.
KNOW that he belongs at the top of the game.
He has, after all, earned his place there and its his time.
If he truly believes it, he certainly has the talent to see it through.
If not this time then the next or the next but it will happen.
And then we might see the real Andy Murray on a regular basis.
We'll see if its this time.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #67 on: June 21, 2012, 12:41 PM »

I see Martina Navratolova agrees with my assessment that Andy has  no chance of winning Wimbledon this year (even McEnroe thinks the gap is widening between the top 3 and the rest). She evens says Henman had a better chance than Andy because Tim had less competition. I hope Andy is reading these comments from top former pros and I hope it makes him extra-motivated. Come on Andy, surprise them all!

A somewhat confused & disconnected post.
If Andy wins he will be by your own admission surpising you as well.
Will he not?
As for Martina Navratilova & McEnroe, so what if they don't think he'll win it this year.
Both have always been supportive and respectful of Andy's talents and clearly want him to become a slam winner & believe he shall.
We shouldn't take it personally if they don't think he will win it this year at all.
[ Last edit by theycanbillme June 21, 2012, 01:19 PM ] IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #68 on: June 21, 2012, 12:45 PM »

Even McEnroe thinks the gap is widening between the top 3 and the rest

Wishful thinking again by Bignose.
Roger hasn't won a slam in over 2 years and the mountain of points he accrued towards the end of the year shall be under threat from...everyone.
There is only a top 2, not a top 3. Youve been told already.
And the present No 3 probably will be lucky to hold on to this position by the AO.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #69 on: June 21, 2012, 12:51 PM »

A somewhat confused & disconnected post.
If Andy wins he will be by your own admission be surpising you as well.
Will he not?
As for Martina Navratilova & McEnroe, so what if they don't think he'll win it this year.
Both have always been supportive and respectful of Andy's talents and clearly want him to become a slam winner & believe he shall.
We shouldn't take it personally if they don't think he will win it this year at all.

I think most of those saying Andy won't win aren't saying it to put him down but in recognition of the formidable obstacles he faces in Nole and Rafa.  Actually I think the more his chances are played down by the comms the better for Andy. 
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #70 on: June 21, 2012, 12:53 PM »

Agree with tcbm and chl and would add he needs to refind his serve.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #71 on: June 21, 2012, 12:58 PM »

I believe it's more designed to attract the casual fans and they want to spice things up by talking about players mostly in the negative term and other times by worshiping players like Federer or Nadal, because general people love them and love to hear about them. They simply play into those notions, because it brings good rating and more money. A more thorough and accurate commentary wouldn't attract the general mass or wouldn't be as appealing. Rating too would go right down along with money.

Is this still true?
I know Federer and Nadal are great ambassadors and still by far the biggest draws. But beyond the ignorant and not really caring non tennis following public and their own fans who do care, do other people who follow tennis have any more interest in fedal?
I really think not, its been going on for so long now I am sure many of them feel like me ie extreme boredom about it.
And hope of a new fresher day to come.
I mean Roger is an old trooper but he is basically past it regardless of the score of smaller tornaments he has managed to win, that now really matter all of a sudden to Federer fans, as its all he can pull off.
The sooner Fedal go, particularly Roger, the better in my view.
But then I'm not a fedal fan.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #72 on: June 21, 2012, 01:02 PM »

I think most of those saying Andy won't win aren't saying it to put him down but in recognition of the formidable obstacles he faces in Nole and Rafa.  Actually I think the more his chances are played down by the comms the better for Andy.  

Funnily enough the Rafa and then Novak combo seems to me more possible on this surface than it does on any other surface including even fast outdoor. Novak is so good on Hard, better than grass even though he won it. But it's the Rafa part unfortunately that makes me agree with them.
I hope for an aggressive and less conservative Murray against Rafa or he
really doesn't have a chance.
I still can't believe he choked the way he did last year either when a set & a break up.
Rafa was on the ropes but Andy blinked.
Afterwards Andy said he thought he had been too aggressive.
No, he had done the right thing but had doubted himself when he had just won his first set ever against Nadal at Wimbledon.
I just don't get that thought process.
[ Last edit by theycanbillme June 21, 2012, 01:22 PM ] IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #73 on: June 21, 2012, 01:10 PM »

I still can't believe the way he choked the way he did last year either when a set & a break up.
Rafa was on the ropes but Andy blinked.

Nadal was definetly heading out IMO until that one missed forehand by Andy. The game completely turned on its head after that shot.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Andy at Wimbledon 2012 « Reply #74 on: June 21, 2012, 01:20 PM »

Wishful thinking again by Bignose.
Roger hasn't won a slam in over 2 years and the mountain of points he accrued towards the end of the year shall be under threat from...everyone.
There is only a top 2, not a top 3. Youve been told already.
And the present No 3 probably will be lucky to hold on to this position by the AO.

Huh? Heres the points won list since the start of the year. Fed isn't far behind Joker and he's well ahead of 4th place Ferrer. He also has nearly twice as many points as Andy. So your argument on the demise of Fed has no merit. Just wishful thinking on your part.

1 Nadal, Rafael (ESP)    6,750    
2 Djokovic, Novak (SRB)    6,120
3 Federer, Roger (SUI)    5,085
4 Ferrer, David (ESP)    3,300
5 Murray, Andy (GBR)    2,600
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 18 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »