Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy going loco down in Acapulco 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy going loco down in Acapulco

(Read 1387 times)
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Andy going loco down in Acapulco « Reply #15 on: February 23, 2014, 04:24 PM »

It's about prep for Indian Wells and Miami.  No way Andy would be laying a random clay event in Feb (other than Davis cup) when he's getting ready for 2 back to back hardcourt Masters events.

Shrewd move by the organisers - and Murray (avoiding the traditional dash to California from the hardcourts of Dubai). I kept wondering why he was playing a random clay event just before the IW/Miami back-to-back retard
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy going loco down in Acapulco « Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 04:29 PM »

I'm kind of glad Murray went for Acapulco instead of Dubai, the Dubai draw is jam packed with tight matches and dangerous players that could give Murray the plane ticket home at anytime.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy going loco down in Acapulco « Reply #17 on: February 23, 2014, 04:56 PM »

Shrewd move by the organisers - and Murray (avoiding the traditional dash to California from the hardcourts of Dubai). I kept wondering why he was playing a random clay event just before the IW/Miami back-to-back retard
keep up Joe - not been paying attention to MW clearly doh

It's the perfect compromise for Andy between dashing across the Atlantic and back like he used to do and not playing anything in run up to American hard court Masters season (like he did last year).   However I don't think we should get too excited about a possible title as he is still feeling his way back and, as pointed out, there are some very dangerous players in the draw (even if Ferrer has withdrawn, which doesn't seem to be official yet)
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Andy going loco down in Acapulco « Reply #18 on: February 23, 2014, 04:57 PM »

I'm kind of glad Murray went for Acapulco instead of Dubai, the Dubai draw is jam packed with tight matches and dangerous players that could give Murray the plane ticket home at anytime.

Dubai doesn't even have a decent song.  No way should he have gone there.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy going loco down in Acapulco « Reply #19 on: February 23, 2014, 05:00 PM »

Whatever Andy's chances it would seem the tournament organisers see him as the main draw as he's at the front of the pic of the players on the main tournament website.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Andy going loco down in Acapulco « Reply #20 on: February 23, 2014, 05:08 PM »

keep up Joe - not been paying attention to MW clearly doh

Frown
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy going loco down in Acapulco « Reply #21 on: February 23, 2014, 05:19 PM »

I think Andy will be the main draw of the event for the organisers, even if Ferrer is playing, which seems uncertain.

I suppose we don't know just now, but all things being equal I think Andy has a pretty good opportunity for a good week. If he can string it together he must surely be the best in the field.

Normally I would think someone like Gulbis would suit Andy to a tee. Gulbis is a big hitter and Andy likes that, or seems to.

If it came to it against Ferrer, I'd pick a fit Andy any time on hard, or anything but clay for that matter. If Andy was below par I could see Ferrer getting through him, but I think it would be close. Andy just seems to have Ferrer's measure.

Fingers crossed for a good week, and hopefully title 29 at the end of it.

By the way, how good of the organisers to get rid of the clay in Acapulco. I vote they do the same at RG. Put grass down instead, that would really pee Nadal off Smile.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Andy going loco down in Acapulco « Reply #22 on: February 23, 2014, 05:22 PM »

Anyone know of a draw for the tournament yet? I can't see one and it seems a bit late in the day... Think
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy going loco down in Acapulco « Reply #23 on: February 23, 2014, 05:32 PM »

Anyone know of a draw for the tournament yet? I can't see one and it seems a bit late in the day... Think

Its tonight at 9pm UK time.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Andy going loco down in Acapulco « Reply #24 on: February 23, 2014, 05:33 PM »

Its tonight at 9pm UK time.

Excellent, cheers.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy going loco down in Acapulco « Reply #25 on: February 23, 2014, 07:42 PM »

If my comprehension is correct, the draw should be streamed from here: http://www.abiertomexicanodetenis.com/us/, tonight from 9pm.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy going loco down in Acapulco « Reply #26 on: February 23, 2014, 09:16 PM »

Tough road for Andy from QF on.

QF: Simon
SF: Gulbis/Dimitrov
F: Ferrer
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy going loco down in Acapulco « Reply #27 on: February 23, 2014, 09:20 PM »

Murray plays Andujar in the first round.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Andy going loco down in Acapulco « Reply #28 on: February 23, 2014, 09:26 PM »

Some names filtering through from the draw?  Pablo Andujar first round?  Gulbis and Dmitrov same half but after quarters. Draw not complete yet?
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy going loco down in Acapulco « Reply #29 on: February 23, 2014, 09:28 PM »

Andy's draw:

R1: Andujar
R2: Mannarino/Joao Sousa
QF: Simon/Q/Melzer/Nieminen
SF: Gulbis/Dimitrov
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »