Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy in Barcelona 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy in Barcelona

(Read 5945 times)
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy in Barcelona « Reply #105 on: April 23, 2012, 03:43 PM »

Stakhovsky is through. I see when they last met Stakhovsky retired at 5-3 in the 3rd set.
I really hope Andy gets some proper matches in, without withdrawals or retirements - or losses of course!
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Andy in Barcelona « Reply #106 on: April 23, 2012, 03:47 PM »

The good news is that I've just looked at a stream for Barcelona (Falla v Raonic) so we might get some Muzza action before Thursday.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy in Barcelona « Reply #107 on: April 23, 2012, 03:52 PM »

The good news is that I've just looked at a stream for Barcelona (Falla v Raonic) so we might get some Muzza action before Thursday.

That is good news, thanks for the info. Smile
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Andy in Barcelona « Reply #108 on: April 23, 2012, 04:14 PM »

Same as me. I really don't know why I favour Hamilton over Button (maybe it's because Lewis is the one who got me into the sport with his first season) but I would always rather Hamilton win than Button (although a 1-2 would be ideal).

Great result for Di Resta today - first time he's beaten both Lewis and Jenson. Will hopefully be at Mercedes next year, very good driver.

But yes. I'm English although I wouldn't say I'm particularly proud of my country. Not really anything to be proud of. The football team are made up of overpaid primadonnas, the media are a joke and many people in the country are just selfish, bigoted twats. But I always support the British sportsman, and I couldn't care less which country they're from. Obviously support England in the independant sports but always want the other home nation sides to do well as well. The in-fighting and abuse because someone was born a couple of miles further north or west is just pathetic.
I agree with every word!  yes
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Barcelona « Reply #109 on: April 23, 2012, 04:17 PM »

All I can say is that, certainly when it comes to sporting achievements, I'm proud to be Scottish and equally proud to be British.  Come the Olympics I'll have a lump in my throat for whichever Brit is standing on the "gold" podium whilst the union flag is flying and the national anthem playing.
Yes....me too Aileen! I 'always' support the Brits, no matter where they are from, or what colour they are either! It's all for one and one for all as I see it!
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Andy in Barcelona « Reply #110 on: April 23, 2012, 04:27 PM »

The lack of non Sky coverage is poor, I personally think the BBC should concentrate some more of the licence fee on covering at least the British players, we have a solid dubs team in Fleming and Hutchins and when we will we ever have two brothers playing dubs again?  Make the most of it, the Murray factor in Scotland has had a tremendous influence on the numbers of kids trying the sport, maybe the BBC could be influential with a bit more coverage for kids all over the UK.  I am a proud Scot and immensely proud that our small nation has produced the best British tennis player in 70 years and part of me will always wonder about whether the treatment dished out to Andy would have been different had he been from the other side of the Border.  Part of Djoko's rise to the top has been fuelled by his pride of being Serbian and being proud of where he comes from.  It s so difficult for Andy to have the same pride (and believe me there is something immensely proud about being Scottish) but if he were to come out in a "Braveheart" fashion he would be villified by the press.  I can't help but sometimes think that a blast of Loch Lomond or Flower of Scotland would get him over the finish line!!!  Andy always has to be so PC that it must drive him mad at times, it really is a case of damned if he does and damned if he don't!!! 

A very good point well made!
IP Logged
araminta
Futures Level

Re: Andy in Barcelona « Reply #111 on: April 23, 2012, 05:18 PM »

Any info on Barcelona streams for tomorrow?
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Andy in Barcelona « Reply #112 on: April 23, 2012, 05:27 PM »

Any info on Barcelona streams for tomorrow?

http://geographyfieldwork.com/besos_valley.htm
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Barcelona « Reply #113 on: April 23, 2012, 05:53 PM »

lmao
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy in Barcelona « Reply #114 on: April 23, 2012, 05:55 PM »

drchef: I agree with everything you say. I concur that if Andy had been born English he would not have to put up with all the crap flung at him. I do not find it wrong to support him as a Scot, if its okay for Nole to be a Serb then it is okay for Andy to be a Scot."Andy always has to be PC that must drive him mad at times, it is really is a case of dammed if he does and dammed if he don't" Either way you cannot win.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy in Barcelona « Reply #115 on: April 23, 2012, 06:03 PM »

Andy v Stakhovsky tomorrow!

ORDER OF PLAY - TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2012
PISTA CENTRAL start 11:00 am
[15] B Tomic (AUS) vs E Gulbis (LAT)

Not Before 1:30 PM
[9] F Verdasco (ESP) vs A Golubev (KAZ) or S Darcis (BEL)
[LL] E Donskoy (RUS) or S Stakhovsky (UKR) vs [2] A Murray (GBR)
[6] N Almagro (ESP) vs E Roger-Vasselin (FRA)
D Goffin (BEL) vs [16] P Andujar (ESP)

http://live.barcelonaopenbancsabadell.com/play-order.php
IP Logged
araminta
Futures Level

Re: Andy in Barcelona « Reply #116 on: April 23, 2012, 06:29 PM »

Not lost your gift for "wit?" I see Panda. Have you a sensible answer?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy in Barcelona « Reply #117 on: April 23, 2012, 06:50 PM »

I'd prefer Stakhovsky against Andy though Almagro would be real test I am sure.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy in Barcelona « Reply #118 on: April 23, 2012, 09:00 PM »

Stakhovsky is through. I see when they last met Stakhovsky retired at 5-3 in the 3rd set.
I really hope Andy gets some proper matches in, without withdrawals or retirements - or losses of course!
I absolutely hate it when players do that, no class at all. Fair enough if they seriously cannot carry on but it does happen quite a few times where players will retire just before their opponent serves for the match (or with their opponent dominating the final set). It's just terrible sportsmanship and puts a bit of a stain over the win for the other player.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy in Barcelona « Reply #119 on: April 23, 2012, 09:13 PM »

Not sure if I entirely agree - its a bit like supporting a family member, they carry a bit of your culture and shared experience. Sort of represent you in a way.

I understand the notion and it sounds noble too but I don't think it really works that way in real life. I remember being on Samprazfanz site for a long time, which obviously was a fanbase site just like this one; however, the big difference is, we almost never had any disputes and there was no slamming when things didn't go our way either. Sampras had fans from all over the world and that added a lot of variety but it remained civil for the most part. Do you really enjoy this Scottish/English thing that goes on here? If anything it feels highly dysfunctional. I get it has its history and that's in fact the reason why things get so ugly here at times, even between people who are from the same country though not from the same part of country. I have seen some of the worst name callings on the BBC site as far as Murray is concerned btw and I could not believe that these are the same people from the same country. Begs the question, doesn’t' it?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »