Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy in Brisbane 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy in Brisbane

(Read 4709 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #15 on: December 29, 2012, 03:30 AM »

Has the draw been done?
No it will be done tommorrow.
The draw is now out - http://www.brisbaneinternational.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/mens-draw.pdf
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #16 on: December 29, 2012, 03:56 AM »

Andy destroyed Tatsuma Ito at RG, so (assuming Ito gets past his qualifier opponent) can only hope he will do the same again.
I'm also hoping for a Spartan Lleyton/Warrior Andy showdown. drool
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012, 09:43 AM »

sounds like a good draw to me
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #18 on: December 29, 2012, 11:29 AM »

Andy destroyed Tatsuma Ito at RG, so (assuming Ito gets past his qualifier opponent) can only hope he will do the same again.
I'm also hoping for a Spartan Lleyton/Warrior Andy showdown. drool

lol SN  Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #19 on: December 29, 2012, 07:40 PM »

I'm just hoping Andy can get over the worst of his extra jet-lag by the time of his first match.  He's certainly managed to cram a lot of travelling through different time zones into just a few days, which doesn't seem a wise idea when he's got a title to defend here.  If he survives R2 then he could meet Hewitt, and playing him, especially in front of a home crowd, won't be easy.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #20 on: December 29, 2012, 07:44 PM »

Sick of hearing about the word jet lag over the years.....djoko seems to manage.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #21 on: December 29, 2012, 08:37 PM »

Sick of hearing about the word jet lag over the years.....djoko seems to manage.

It affects people differently though. You see some players on court after long flights to different timezones and they look fine, while others struggle to adapt to the time difference. I think Andy often seems to struggle initially, but as he's got a few days until his first match hopefully he should be ok.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #22 on: December 29, 2012, 08:40 PM »

ok.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #23 on: December 29, 2012, 08:53 PM »

It affects people differently though. You see some players on court after long flights to different timezones and they look fine, while others struggle to adapt to the time difference. I think Andy often seems to struggle initially, but as he's got a few days until his first match hopefully he should be ok.
Katie, I fall apart a bit when the clocks change, especially when they go forward!  But your post is absolutely right, and Andy himself has said that he doesn't cope too easily with jet-lag.  Djokovic on the other hand never seems to be affected and Federer and Nadal too seem to cope well. 
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #24 on: December 29, 2012, 09:28 PM »

Katie, I fall apart a bit when the clocks change, especially when they go forward!  But your post is absolutely right, and Andy himself has said that he doesn't cope too easily with jet-lag.  Djokovic on the other hand never seems to be affected and Federer and Nadal too seem to cope well. 
Its called eh! forward planning..he,s a multi millionaire...get there in plenty time.. travel first class Andy and sleep in those comfy beds...its all mental but then again thats our Andrew.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #25 on: December 29, 2012, 09:40 PM »

I don't think too much forward planning was put into this by the sound of things, although maybe there was a good reason why he delayed his departure from Miami until 23 Dec.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #26 on: December 29, 2012, 09:42 PM »

Its called eh! forward planning..he,s a multi millionaire...get there in plenty time.. travel first class Andy and sleep in those comfy beds...its all mental but then again thats our Andrew.
Laura R says she can sleep anywhere and anytime, not everyone is the same. You can have a comfy bed  but if your body clock won't adapt it makes no difference. Andy is seemingly someone who needs time to adapt. Nothing he can do about that.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #27 on: December 29, 2012, 09:50 PM »

I seem to recall that last year Andy arrived in Brisbane from Miami about a week before the tournament for that very reason.  I can only hope that breaking his journey in AD might have helped a bit in the adjustment process.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #28 on: December 29, 2012, 10:09 PM »

Maybe a wee barbituate might help.
I understand that players often take a pill, although certainly not a barbie, to help them adapt.  Airline pilots and stewardesses do the same on long-haul flights to help them cope with the quick turn-arounds that flying involves, but the pills they take apparently have no "morning after" effects like barbies and other older brands of sleeping pills do.

And for anyone who thinks that jet-lag exists in the mind, this article might interest them.  Jet-lag is physiological, not psychological - http://www.sleepassociation.org/index.php?p=jetlag
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #29 on: December 29, 2012, 10:20 PM »

Will check that out tomorrow Aileen but feeling a wee bit tired just now.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »